LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » tindamax experiences

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tindamax experiences
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started tindamax at half dose last week at three days on, four days off. I got really sick and even though I've been off for three days now, I'm still feeling just as sick. I've been doing lots of detox too. Can anyone out there tell me if they had the same experience even after being off for several days? I'm supposed to start my next three tomorrow night. I thought I'd get a little break from feeling so sick before starting again. I was feeling so much better before starting the tindamax. Not "better" but functioning I should say. Thanks.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessicabooklover
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessicabooklover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there-I am on tindamax right now too and holy moses it is ROUGH on me, too. Even the days that I have been off it, I am still feeling TERRIBLY ill. I hope things improve for both of us soon. Jess.
Posts: 870 | From ct | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got new symptoms from this med. I dont know why, but it was no herx because those symptoms stayed for a long time (and some are still there).
Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tindamax is as good as it gets for busting cyst form borrelia. It is also said to have good activity against Bartonella as well, though I cannot remember where I read that.

I started with Tindamax by pulsing 2 weeks on, 1 week off. I had some very strong reactions with the first few months of pulsing. And yes, I stayed herxing when I was off of it. But over time, the herxes dwindled and became very manageable. I think my biggest problem currently are the coinfections. I do believe that Tindamax has helped to cripple the Lyme, though I can never be sure. I highly recommend it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annelet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annelet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tinidazole is also a Cyst buster for the cystic form of Chlamydia Pneumonia, so if you have that on board as well as Lyme, you will get a double whammy.
Posts: 250 | From canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you take any antifungals , and also any binders to bind the toxins in the intestines to prevent them from being reabsorbed. Also it is important to keep a journal on what meds you are taking and the severity of symptoms , this way it is much easier for you or your llmd to find a pattern and at same time no second guessing .
Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take anti fungal herbs but no binders. What would you recommend? I keep a journal but things seem to be so sporadic, it's hard to see a pattern. After being off the tindamax for five days I finally got a little relief yesterday. I start it again tonight though.
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

I see lymeboy takes it two weeks on
one week off. Could the rest of you tell me how your doctor has you taking it? Since having such a rough time, my doc said to do two days on a week for now. Then I guess I'll build up, but not sure.

lostlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
these are very good to remove toxins out of body Burbur , parlsey ,pinella available from http://www.nutramedix.com/ ,Currently now doing 500mg twice a day for 4 days on 3 off with the tindermax .i also take other medications . My LLMD had me start out 250mg for 3 days on 4 off ,then ramped up over time . i have been doing his protocol for 9 months now and very pleased. His protocol has brought my lyme count way down and also my bartonella .
Posts: 238 | From Where | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be starting tindamax soon. My LLNP wants me to do 2 Days a week,back to back days. She said I may be only abletotolerate once a week at first.
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same exact experience here. I could have written your post. I'm taking 2 pills 2 days in a row per week and I'm knocked down. I was feeling better before starting it, too. I guess we could be thankful that we are tackling the cyst form. I got a taste of what 'normal' could be, though and I miss it already! Just when I thought all of this was just a terrible nightmare!
Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi jlf2012:

Our daugher was on Tindamax for just over 6 months (in what ended up being a 2 year treatment protocol). Her LLMD had her pulse 2 consective days out of every 7.

It was very rough on her as well. She had to take some over the counter medications to alleviate some of the alergic effects. This was mostly itching and hives which still persisted for 6 to 8 weeks after we took her off it.

She also had significant hair loss.

We finally had to stop this medication when anexoria set in and it reached a point where we had to stop as she was starving herself.

The appetite took around 6 weeks to be back fully.

Why did we allow this for so long. In effect this was like a cancer medication doing bad as well as good. Hard for a parent or patient to analyze the cost benefit.

Well Lymeboy is correct, Dr. S. has done research showing the significant reduction in cyst and spirochete form of borrelia from tindamax. This was in the test tube not human testing.

We attribute this medication to bringing her back from the neuro symptoms. This was easy to determine.

She started with Zith and Mepron for 4 months (which helped with the Babesia) and the neuro symptoms continued to worsen. May - Sept.

Mid Sept. (Month 5) started the tindamax. Didn't start to see results till January (month 9) when she started to pick up a book again.

January - March was when we were seeing positive results from cognitive standpoint. Unfortunately it was in this period that her appetite disappeared.

Early April we stopped the medication (full 6 months on tindamax).

She continued on mepron and zithromax for over another year.

Good luck.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Thank you everyone. Is your daughter better now Tim?
Yinyang, I am with you...it's a living nightmare.
Thinking of you all!

t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi jlf2012:

Here is the link referencing Dr. S's work indicating the tindamax effectiveness against the spirochete and cyst forms.

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support-forums/studies-research/2710311-eva-sapi-articlebiofilmsantbiotics-may-program

Thank you for asking. She has been off meds since June. She is better and may be over lyme but we / she has other issues to deal with.

Her immune system is not what it used to be and she still fatigues easily. This fatigue is not like the fatigue she had with the babesia and lyme but still something.

Hopefully in another year. We fear a relapse.

Good luck with the tindamax.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement