LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Doc appt. this week, what med to ask for?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doc appt. this week, what med to ask for?
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have my next appointment this week.

I'm currently on Mepron, Zithromax 600mg at night, Bactrim DS and Cholestyramine.

M, T, W- 1200mg of Artemesia Annua, Parastroy

Everyday- alpha lipoic acid, salt/c 4x a day (working up slowly), Curcurim, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Olive Leaf, 6000mg Vitamin D3. I take coconut oil with my Mepron.

I started treatment on October 1st. 2 Months before that, I was on 100mg of Doxy twice a day thanks to going from doctor to doctor. After that, my doctor put me on 200mg 2x a day which I stopped at the end of December.

While my head pressure is less often and intense at times, It still comes frequent and full throttle, like it is right now.

I have episodes of bad heart pain, ear popping/pressure, weird looking eye floaters that look like worms, sharp random pains in my body, headaches, off balance/dizzy feeling, and sores on the top of my head. This past weekend for the first time while I was walking around in Ikea, I felt like I was about to faint and had to sit down. The past week I have felt like absolute crap since starting the salt/c solution.

A lot of my symptoms are new and have come after starting treatment. So far I have come back positive for is Babesia Duncani IgM, and an IgG of coxsackie, mycoplasma and mono.

What medicine could benefit me that I could ask to try? Anyone with Duncani have any success with a particular drug? I was thinking about Flagyl.

Thanks for any input I really appreciate it.

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summer3
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summer3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been able to treat much for babesia because I can't take Mepron. So I take bactrim DS and Biaxin. I'm thinking of pulsing art eventually. Right now I'm on too much though.

In the past I have taken clindamycin and Mepron. Some find that to be helpful. Some people add Plaquenil as a way to raise the effectiveness of zithromax. Also, you could consider Coartem, but you probably would have to go off almost all the other meds for a while to pulse that.

I take Flagyl but from what I've read, that is mainly for the cystic form of Lyme. That's what I'm using it for.

--------------------
http://www.lymepie.blogspot.com

Posts: 1129 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Rather than "what med to ask for?" you might ask questions about the doctor's plans. Let his or her expertise work for you. I hope they can help shine a light as to the next step but also what's to be after that.

We should not have to figure this all out for ourselves if we have a good match in a LL doctor.

Still, I know that finding out some of the possiblities in advance can help us be more prepared for discussion but I do hope your doctor will guide you with great skill.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're on a great plan, I'd stick with it! I found that staying with the same meds, over the long-haul, was the key to my success.

The fact that your body can handle all these medications is reason to be grateful....I am so grateful for that, as many cannot.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You say that The past week you "have felt like absolute crap since starting the salt/c solution."

and " This past weekend for the first time while I was walking around in Ikea, I felt like I was about to faint and had to sit down . . ." (end quotes).

Be sure your doctor knows ALL this.

Also: just stay out of all big box stores until you are much, much better. They are all very hard on us in so many ways.

I hope your doctor is aware that you started salt/C. Still, with such a strong reaction, I wonder if the dose of salt might be too much? Back way down on the dose - spread it out - and see if that helps.

How much did you start with? Sea Salt (not table salt, to be sure)?

Still, it's probably best to back down on that. It's never good to push "feeling like absolute crap" as that can be just too hard on any body.

I also wonder if your liver support is adequate.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
To better tolerate treatment:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.

To help with endurance:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP & ADRENAL SUPPORT
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
you might post your Salt/C reactions here and see if gael has suggstions:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=122300;p=0

PARASITE WARRIOR THREAD
-

xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The type of salt I'm using is 1/6 teaspoon of raw pink himalayan salt shaken with 1 gram of vitamin C 4x a day. I've stuck with this since last Tuesday. I actually see my doctor this Thursday and got my blood back from last week and everything is normal except my lymphs and monocytes that are always high/low. I am wondering if I should hold off or not but I have heard such great things about doing it and have obviously been herxing a lot. Blah
Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement