LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Getting Mercury out of the Brain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting Mercury out of the Brain
whitmore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By muscle testing I have been determined to be mercury toxic.

I'm very confused as to what to do about it. It seems as if, done incorrectly, you can actually make matters worse and push more mercury into the brain.

There also seems to be debate as to whether any chelating agent, including alpha lipoic acid, can cross the blood brain barrier. Since loss of cognitive function is my major issue, has anyone chelated mercury and had brain function been all or partially restored?

If so, what did you use, how much, and how frequently?

Thanks in advance.

Sue

Posts: 226 | From Princeton | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know this too. There are all kinds of methods including Cutler where you have to take something every 3 hours. Also recently one of the prominent LLMDs said only 25% of patients improved with metals chelation.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Love my kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Love my kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also just started metal chelation with compounded EDTA suppositories and chlorella to pull lead. Next will be mercury with DSMA.

--------------------
Healing thoughts to you,

L.

Posts: 101 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good info on chelation here:
http://www.medicalinsider.com/toxicity3.html

Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heatherene56
Member # 39857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heatherene56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a metal detox about 3 years ago. It was very intense. I had 9 mercury fillings replaced that had been in my mouth for about 30 years. I started detox 2 weeks prior to this.

I used between a half and a bunch of fresh cilantro daily (in salad) with 2,000 mg of chlorella 2 times a day. I also went on a raw food diet for somewhere around a month. I can't remember exactly.

I drank tons & tons of water.

Two days into the detox I experienced electric shock like feelings going from the bottom of my neck to the middle of the back of my skull every time I moved my head. It was weird and intense and lasted about a week

At about 1 week into the detox I had a migraine headache that lasted 2 days.
After that I started to clear. I have to warn you, it was tough going, but when I got through it my brain fog really cleared up dramatically.

I am very very glad I did it and wish I would have done it sooner. I slowly started incorporating cooked vegetables into my diet and I still take chlorella every day. It helps with the fatigue. I don't eat the cilantro that much any more.

For more info, I got the idea from You Tube videos under the name "detoxmetal"
All the best in your efforts to feel better.

--------------------
Lymer since 89
Namaste

Posts: 52 | From Fort Worth Texas | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best way to detox metals is to have the possible mobilizing agents tested by the person who tested you and found the mercury.

Taking cilantro at the outset is dangerous because if the gut is still full of heavy metals because of the millions of nerve endings it is possible or other bad areas rather than out.

If you can't get help from a doctor, explore www.detoxmetals.com --- HMD is a very mild substance that is easy and you purchase it with the drainage LaVAGE with it thus avoiding overloading liver and kidneys.

Pull some of my more recent posts - and read everything you find on the links I have given.

If you have not treated parasites, you are wasting time. Because you can really get to the metals by eradicating the parasites who are holding metals. Parasites and metals should be treated simultaneously if they test energetically.

It is difficult to distinguish metal toxicity symptoms from parasite symptoms --- or Lyme & Co symptoms. So testing energetically helps and tells what product works best.

I have been using HMD for quite some time and am also using MMS enemas to get at some of the parasites still hiding.

P.S. The gut has to be free of heavy metals before you can attack the brain with cilantro tincture (only organic, drops at a time.) Otherwise the metals from the gut will move into the brain. Very difficult to get it out of there.

http://www.detoxmetals.com/pages/Scientific-Proof.html

http://www.thebeewellcompany.com/NewFiles/HMD%20Toxic%20Facts.pdf

http://www.mercurylife.com/mercurylife/chelating_out_of_the_darkness/

http://planetthrive.com/2010/04/hpukpu-protocol-for-lyme-and-autism/

These are the sites that you should study before doing anything.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heatherene56
Member # 39857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heatherene56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly there are people who are much more informed about detox than I am. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be harmed while detoxing. I just shared my own experience and haven't consulted a doctor at all during my healing process.

I think Gigi is correct to recommend doing a lot of research to protect your organs while clearing out the mercury.

--------------------
Lymer since 89
Namaste

Posts: 52 | From Fort Worth Texas | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, I know of two people in my geographic area who were definitely trained by Dr. K (they show up in database from website). One is a biological dentist and the other is a LLNP. Both do ART testing.

Which would be the best for me to see regarding chelating heavy metals and treating for parasites?

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking LipoPhos EDTA to chelate heavy metals. It also detoxes the liver and degrades the biofilm. You can read about it here:

http://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/lipophos-edta-ARG60ml-p-allergy-research-group.html

I take it twice a week. I can feel it almost immediately. It is like I have had a drink of alcohol. Sometimes I feel a little tired that day but otherwise it does not bother me much.

When I took DMSA, it just about sent me to the loony bin. I don't know if it was because of the sulfur in it or if it was just stirring things up and not getting rid of it. Either way, it was dangerous for me and I will never do it again.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

dbpei, which database from which website? I find only one in Rhode Island on www.klinghardtacademy.com site listing certified ART people.

nefferdun, EDTA may work on some lead, but not known for mercury removal. Feeling like after drink of alcohol does not sound good.

Hope you have treated or are treating parasites!
Metal detox without treating parasites is wasting time and energy. Parasites are holding the metals in their skin! Probably one reason DMSA was making you ill. Also people who do not tolerate DMSA tend to have a mold problem, per Dr. K.

Hopefully you can be tested to find the agent(s) that will work. Energetic testing can be learned.
I do it all the time.
Hope you can find someone to test.

Best to you.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi, you are right. That is the correct website I had used to search for someone certified in ART. There is one LLNP in RI who is listed.

The dentist I was thinking of did not show up on this list. I have heard from an Ondamed practitioner that Dr. K refers some of his patients to a dentist in this wellness center for removing mercury fillings. I don't think that ART is practiced here, though.

http://www.grotondentalwellness.com/gw-center

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei, we must be kindred spirits. I just went to see a Dr. K practitioner since I'm getting my amalgams out. I am loaded with metal, but it turns out parasites are my main issue (big surprise).

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Catgirl, remember what I have been saying for a long time: Parasites are at this very moment your priority, but as you start dealing with this priority, the metals will show up and will need to be treated. Doing one without the other does not work.

I know you are following some of my posts. Just want to remind you. As the parasites are being treated = always a longterm affair - the metals will start testing and on and off fungi will appear in testing also. Read my post "Babuschka Principle". There is no way around this. But once you understand this, it is a lot easier to deal with it.

Take care and keep studying.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigi. Your babushka principle convinced me that I needed to see a Dr. K practitioner. It made perfect sense to me (especially after all I've been through). I finally realized that I had to get my amalgams out (no choice). It took a while to grasp it all, but I get it now. I feel like we are all very fortunate to have you here. Thank you so much for all of your patience and advice. :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Welchol or Cholestyramine?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am curious if Welchol can help with heavy metal detox. I have just currently started taking it.

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Welchol and Cholestyramine are binders. They are not used for mobilizing toxic metals. To mobilize metals there are DMPS, DMSA, Matrix Metals, HMD, NDF, NDF Plus and a bunch more.

My preference is DMPS when injected and HMD
which is very mild and is used for children. I posted about HMD several times just recently.
www.detoxmetals.com

All of these have to be followed by binders to catch the toxic metals when released with the above agents. When using metal detox agents, the binders (chlorella, DE, cholestyramine, etc.) should be taken 20 minutes before meals and before going to bed.

When treating parasites, the released metals need to be captured to avoid reabsorption and redistribution. Please see my post, I believe of yesterday, "What to watch out for when treating parasites".

The absolute best results to break the biofilm I have achieved with MMS. It has moved into first place as far as total cleanup is concerned.
Hope you will check it out.

Take care.

P.S. Here is abundant info about MMS. http://www.jimhumble.biz./20-tub-baths.html

Dr. K. recommended to me to do the MMS enemas, and I added the full bath which is fabulous as far as parasitic residue and toxic metals are concerned. I take Diamotaceous Earth as a binder. MMS is very safe as is DE and all cost pennies.

emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW,

Professor and biochemist, Dr. Boyd Haley, has claimed that OSR is a more effective mercury chelator than DMSA or DMPS.

A video of Dr. Boyd Haley discussing OSR and mercury chelators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClRuq2ZM5jU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLjvqSOz88

Although, I am not sure if it is still available.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OSR-United/

Boyd Haley also mentions "citrate" as being a heavy metal chelator. So, maybe the daily eating or drinking something like orange juice may be helpful in removing heavy metals from the body.

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Great info, thanks a bunch! I may back off the binders then, and pursue parasites, then go back to metals.....
whitmore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28721

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitmore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about probably needing binders when attempting to get rid of the heavy metals. I'm finding the timing so complex though. I take thyroid hormones 3 timesa day--at 7, 12 and 5. That doesn't leave enough time to take the binders more than once a day, since it appears no medications 2 hours before or 6 hours afterwards.

I guess I could take the thyroid meds. at 8 hour intervals, so long as they don't keep me awake.

How the heck do others handle this?

Posts: 226 | From Princeton | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

OSR is no longer sold. I have some, but I rarely if ever test for it energetically. So I never use it.

Anyone putting binders in second place is making a mistake. The binders are theeeee most important. Most hormone problems are caused due to metal toxicity of the thyroid. It is one of the first things Dr. K. treats to activate the thyroid after doing Neural Therapy on the thryoid to get it activated. Metal removal is important if the hormone glands are ever to work normal again.

Lymeboy, I would not back of the binders now. Anytime you treat causing a die-off, neurotoxins are being released and the binders will help taking them out of the body. It is best to treat all of these together - parasites, metals, etc. because they die together and flood the system with metals and neurotoxins. Getting them out of the body is what is needed.

Take care.

lymeboy
Unregistered

ok then. This is getting complex again. Kind of like when I 1st started learning about Lyme.

Gigi, how is it possible to take a mobilizer, binders, a handful of abx and also supps in the 12-14 hrs one gets every day? Does something need to be sacrificed? Currently I wouldnt stop anything. The abx are working.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Wow, great links emla! What a shame about the OSR.

--------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

lymeboy, the less you take the better. I have heard it sooooo many times from the best doctors that people are taking things they should not be taking.

If you have a deficit, yes, some is needed.

But if you manage to wipe out some of the invaders, the dead proteins and toxic metals, etc. need to be leaving the body for you to get the benefit. All the efforts are fruitless if you cannot manage to get the debris out of the body. It causes more problems than you already have by being troubled with Lyme, etc.

Where there is a will, there is a way. It takes a minimum of 3 binders 20 minutes before a meal,
in order to have the binders in place in the digestive area before eating and bringing down the toxins. Only then can the binders grab them and push them through and out of the colon, with the BM.

Glad the abx are working, but don't ignore unloading the fallout debris.

Taake care.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks emla999. I just started the carrot salad from your old post, too... I'll watch the video later.

How about Dr. Shade's products? Has anyoe tried them? I think Dr. K got the idea to use microsiica from him...? I might be mistaken.

Here's some info about OSR - I don't know if it is still valid -

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1386716

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chris Shade gives a talk on mercury detox. It is three hours and unfortunately I have not watched it yet.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/22/mercury-pollution-and-prenatal-exposure.aspx?e_cid=20130122_DNL_art_2&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=201 30122

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docluddite
Member # 36032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docluddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because cognitive issues are a problem doesn't necessarily mean the mercury is concentrated in the brain. An earlier post in this thread says the thyroid is the are where mercury concentrates, and thyroid imbalance can cause cognitive issues. Start gently with psyllium husk capsules, chlorella, perhaps even bile salt binders, that will start leaching mercury from the gut. If amalgams are present, they must go.
Posts: 60 | From Maine | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

http://www.andreaskalcker.com/index.php/en/health/parasite

Getting rid of toxic heavy metals and similar neurotoxins that contaminate the Central Nervous System/Brain I do not think is possible without addressing parasites.

Don't be shy about it - we all have them. It only gets difficult when parasites are taking over and there is "more of them than of us" (quoting Dr. K.).

Take care.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

I tried doing chelation last year (also had amalgams though). The DMSA that I took (probably could have taken anything though) just pulled the metals from my tissues and recirculated it in my body. I did have an experience where it hit my brain once.

I remember reading something out loud from the newspaper to my husband. The words that came out of my mouth were garbled. It was hard for me to enunciate them, much less connect the words properly.

Long story short, I have even more metal circulating or at least showing up on my DD test than before, so amalgams are coming out.

I recently told my LLNP that I had some amalgams removed since my last visit. NP was concerned that I removed so many and told me that Dr. K usually recommends very slow removal, that some patients only get one out per year sometimes.

I was very surprised to hear this because I saw a Dr. K practitioner in between for help during amalgam removal, and this provider said nothing to me about removing them slowly.

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor (who was a Phd in biofeedback therapy) told me a long time ago to remove the amalgums very slowly. I guess it depends on who you are seeing...? I still have 2 left. I had to do some other work first before dealing with the fillings. It takes time. I don't think there are any easy answers with all of this.

It's hard to know exactly how all of these thing effect us but I think it is best to get the fillings out eventually & kill the parasites. It's like a 3 ring circus between the parasites, metals & yeasts/mold...

Then, we have to deal with the pathogens, diet & genetics. It's a lot to deal with.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Thanks Sparkle. I think you're right (dealing with parasites, yeast, metal). I need to slow it down. I guess I'm just anxious to get them out and start detoxing.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement