LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can Going After Viruses be Dangerous?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can Going After Viruses be Dangerous?
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently am treating with a practicioner who is going after viruses such as EBV and HSV. He uses specific supplements. Some are:

- Biotics Research UltraVir-X
- Biotics Research Bio-FCTS
- Standard Process Immuplex
- L-Lysine

I started about a week ago. Today, I've had some scary symptoms such as severe head pressure (more than normal), tingling in my body in various places, chills, really upset stomach (rumbling and movement feeling).

Can using anti-viral supplements cause bigger problems? I keep thinking back to stuff GiGi posts and getting concerned. Unfortanately I have no access to the type of doctors she recommends. I truly wish I did have doctors who were aware of all of Dr. K's teachings and did extensive ART testing.

Any advice / warnings are appreciated.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope not. My Dr K trained ART practitioner found that viruses were a big problem for me. I am now treating with Valtrex.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Lax mom, I keep thinking about Gigi saying parasites first then watch out for metals, fungii, viruses, etc. Every doctor I ever see just attacks one issue. None know how to go the whole way as Dr. K seems to go.

I never feel better treating anything so I wonder if doing things in isolation is a pointless endeavor.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't know which to treat first and they all seem important, then yes, I would go by the Babushka principle.

However, if the virus levels are high, why would you have to wait to get some relief?

My thinking is this (maybe I read it on Lymenet somewhere)...if someone had the HIV virus, would they wait until they treated parasites, metals and fungi before treating the HIV? No.

The viruses can cause serious problems too...my LLNP said the Coxsackie virus can cause heart issues.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some doctors say antivirals lower your immune system
and you have to treat other things first.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

karenl, do you think that applies to pharmaceutical anti-virals like Valtrex and Valcyte only? Or is this a general principle even with herbals/supplements that attack viruses?
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been taking Valtrex and Lysine for over 2 years. When I tried to stop the Valtrex, I got worse. My immune system has been improving so I don't think that it has suppressed it in any way.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timaca
Member # 6911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for timaca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Antivirals have given me a significant "herx" when I start them. Big problems. But, they have helped me to feel better.

For me, they have been helpful to take.

Best, Timaca

Posts: 2872 | From above 7,000 ft in a pine forest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had many of those scarey sx you listed since starting salt c. i also take lysine regulary and have been taking elderberry extract and high c to prevent flu virus. i wonder if what you are taking is stirring up parasites...or maybe what i am doing is getting virus's

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Tough to say what does what. I am just shivering cold and my head feels so plugged up. My stomach will not stop making rumbling sounds either. It doesn't feel upset per se, but just lots of activity happening.

All any of it is speculation as to what causes what, who is 'herxing', etc. GiGi said she didn't suffer one bit while treating Lyme/other stuff once she did what Dr. K asked. It seems like everyone else goes through hell during treatment and everything is a herx. Seems odd, right?

I'm just fed up with all of the stuff. SICK of chasing invisible enemies. Sick of every doctor I ever see coming up with a new diagnosis. No two muscle testers even get remotely the same problems.

It's completely hopeless when you have no consistency.

lax mom
Member # 38743

Gigi is very fortunate to have Dr K. I couldn't even figure out how to get an appt with him...other than the 1 week long appt with his clinic (not him) that costs several thousand.

I'm with you seekhelp. At times I wonder...what on Earth do I really have? if everything I'm throwing at these bugs is making no progress...just making me sicker and broker.

[group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had VERY high titers to EBV and tested positive to several other viruses. It wasn't until I started treating for parasites did I see any progress.

I got sicker trying to get rid of these invaders, but the difference was I could SEE the invaders that were making me so sick.

Lyme disease is a myriad of different organisms that have either been lying dormant or have been injected into us through tick saliva.

lax mom,

you have been getting rid of some of these parasites since on antiparasitics, so hang in there because they are carrying a lot of different toxins in their coats including heavy metals, yeast and viruses.

I did read somewhere Dr. K. talking about parasites and viruses having a symbiotic relationship and when you get rid of the parasites the viruses will either leave or become dormant. IMO, antiparasitics are KEY in getting rid of this disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
years ago when my kids were young and i was treating them...one would get better within hours of taking an oral abx the other took years

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement