LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is this yeast die off? Swollen glands and fatigue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this yeast die off? Swollen glands and fatigue
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's absolutely amazing how dense I can be sometimes.

I have been having trouble remembering to get supplements and had run out of probiotics.

Also..something is up with my pharmacy and I havent been able to get diflucan refills for about a month....

Right now I am on cipro, amox, and cef.

I also had forgotten to take GSE and oil of oregano.

So I am having definite yeast issues specifically because I hadn't been treating yeast agressively.

I finally remembered to begin GSE and OOO today around noon. Now I feel awful (glands suddenly very swollen and painful and I just want to sleep)

Is this a yeast "herx"? Can it happen that fast?

I recall at the beginning of my yeast treatment about a year ago I had the worse die off ever......including a wicked rash on my right side right around my liver...I knew the treatment was doing something.

Thanks for your input.

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Dx with chronic Lyme May 2011.
LLMD April 2012, Treating with omnicef/zith
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like yeast die off to me.

Try to soothe the symptoms of die off with epson salt soaks, milk thistle, lemon water, dandelion root, peppermint tea and gentle foods- like bone broth and boiled leafy green

Sorry your not feeling well. I hate yeast so much.

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Daynise has some good ideas there. The herx will also be less if you adhere very strictly to the diet. (sigh)

I hate yeast more than anyone here. Yes, I do!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you shoudl detox like crazy. [Frown]

I think it lines right up with yeast die-off. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it does line up with yeast die off.

There are other areas that are extremely painful as well...I won't discuss them here.

I remember when I dealt with yeast die off previously how crazy powerful it was....it lasted a couple of weeks (at the same time I went off the original round of doxy) and the two things together threw me into the tailspin that I am in now.

I find it crazy because I can't talk to anyone about how crappy I feel right now, I have to keep my happy face on at all times.

I am dealing with a lot right now....my kids have been sick for months and I am trying to balance all of these sick days, doctor visits, and working parttime which means I have to reschedule a lot. In the midst of this, as I said previously I have been unable to get refills on my meds, the most important of which would have been xanax and DIFLUCAN.

And I mentioned this to DH today but he acted like I didn't fight hard enough...again....my fault. My goodness I have been back and forth between the pharmacy and my doctor (who is out of state) a dozen times at least this month, in the midst of all this sickness.

Anyway.......any new detox ideas? I like the idea of an epsom salt bath if I can find the time. I always follow the diet (though I do eat a little dairy), and drink lemon water daily. I cannot tolerate coffee enemas though I know that many swear by them.

I was shocked with how quickly I felt like crap after taking gse/ooo but I guess it was a definite sign of what I am dealing with.

Thanks so much for your help

I have an appt with my naturopath on Monday. She first dx me with Lyme. Since I have to pay out of pocket and go out of state to my LLMD, I haven't been back to her. My LLMD does recommend supplements but I feel like I need personal follow up on supps because there are way too many to keep track of, especially when they are all ordered from various sites on the net. For some reason that is impossible given my brain fog. I hope the appt on Monday helps.

In the meantime I have to survive the weekend.

--------------------
Tick bite in 2006, bullseye rash, treated with 2 rounds of 2 weeks of doxy. (once in 2006, once in 2009)
Lots of supplements!

Posts: 640 | From Connecticut | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee enemas. :) Hang in there!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do some juicing?? green stuff is cleansing

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Lymetoo.....I have been thinking about this
For a long time. Where do I start? Where can I find a juicer? I am definitely up for trying it.

Thanks again!

--------------------
Lots of supplements!

daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pme,

This is the juicer I use-

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-JE2200B-Vegetable-Extractor/dp/B003ZDNKSS

I've had mine for about a year.
It's cheap, extracts a lot of juice, and easy enough to clean!

Spinach is a great green to juice- very cleansing and energizing [Smile]

Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Thanks for the link. Wondering if there is anywhere that would carry it and I wouldn't have to order it online (that is a really tough thing for me as I said before...don't know why but something to do with executive functioning I believe).

Anyway......if you juice do you eat nothing else? That is part of what I meant when I said "where do I start?".

Thanks

--------------------
Lots of supplements!

Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That juicer on Amazon is the same one I bought!

It's a good starter juicer, you have to chop stuff up because the hole is small to put stuff in (carrots and ginger get chopped a lot). I have to clean the strainer as I go when I'm juicing ginger because it clogs it up.

Juice stuff like celery, carrots, beets, ginger, even beet greens...add 1 green/tart apple for flavor too.

Sears, Macys or any of the big department stores sell juicers.

If you have a blender, you can make this simple green drink:

Body Ecology Green Smoothie

http://bodyecology.com/recipes/greens_smoothie.php

Good Morning Greens Smoothie Recipe

This smoothie is a delicious, easy and healthy way to start your day.

Yield: 6 servings

Ingredients

1 granny smith apple, washed, cored but with skin
4-5 stalks celery, ends & tips removed, use leaves
2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
� of a large Haas avocado
� bunch cilantro or parsley (depending on your preference) stems removed
3-4 cups filtered water

Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces for easy blending.
Fill blender with 3-4 cups filtered water (more or less water depending on how thick you desire your shake).
Add all ingredients into blender.
Puree till smooth or desired consistency.

* You can also add the juice from one half of a lemon or lime and even � tsp sea salt and/or cayenne pepper.

By the way, there are a lot of good recipes on The Body Ecology site that are made specifically not to feed candida:

http://bodyecology.com/recipes/recipes.php

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pme, call your local Sears store. They may have this juicer at the store. If not, they will order it for you from their catalog while you are on the phone with them. You just tell them your credit card number. It is in the catalog for 39.99

Then, when it comes in in a few days, they call and tell you and you pick it up. You don't have to do the ordering at all. And, they are very nice about it! It will take them about one minute to do it for you!

You would eat normally, but you would juice greens daily (perhaps in the morning) to clean yourself out and detox.

You would just have to remember to buy the greens, lots of them.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31621

Thank you

I already buy lots of greens all the time so that's no problem. With 3 growing kids I am at the store all the time TF....my LLMD recommends a smoothie that includes kale and green vibrance that I drink, but it does have fruit in it as well.

I just feel like I need to go on a juice fast or something very agressive.

Judie...that looks great I will definitely try that in the blender. I need another smoothie recipe for my blender...I am supposed to add a bunch of supplements to it but I am very very tired of the recipe (but I admit I feel better when I have it).

Thanks so much for your help everyone. I am doing much better but these herxes.....for whatever reason.....really kill me. It all feels endless and exhausting.

--------------------
Lots of supplements!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement