LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » FL1953 or Protomyxzoa rheumatica Diet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FL1953 or Protomyxzoa rheumatica Diet
2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2doggies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I did a search on this forum for this parasite but didn't really find the answer I am looking for. My doctor does thing that I have this bug and wants me to check out the McDougall diet but he also wants me to avoid sugars of any kind.

In addition, I cannot eat grains because one, I have fungal and bacterial overgrowth and two, I have a history of an eating disorder and grains are not safe for me. Legumes cause the same problems. Basically I am down to low starch veggies and fat in my Lyme cocktail. My doctor wants me to add coconut oil to my Lyme cocktail in the morning because the fat mixes with or surrounds the artemisinin in the cocktail, the parasites eat the fat and take it into the biofilm where the artemisinin kills them. He says it's like a Trojan horse.

So Lyme cocktail with fat in AM and then just veggies? I can't survive on that alone. Has anybody tried eating at least things like chicken breast and turkey breast and still had result with killing this parasite?

I may as well just not eat other than my Lyme cocktail.

Thank you for any input.

Posts: 165 | From TN | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the protomyxzoa rheumatica....and the diet is a way of life, not a 'diet' as such.

There are NO oils on this protocol. So coconut oil is a no-no. One way to think of this is: FAT makes the biofilm THICKER. Thus abx or anything you take to kill it, can not get to it if the biofilm layer is thick. Thinning it out on a low fat diet lets the abx hit it better.

I do eat chicken, no fat on it. And I eat a bit of grass fed beef. I do not worry about the grains. I do low sugar. No Milk products are recommended also.

I have been treating this with the dr. that found the protozoan. You feel better on low fat, veggie type of eating. Try to write down your fat grams each day to try and track what you're really doing. It gives you a better concept of how many grams you're really getting.

If your dr. wants you to add coconut oil, then he doesn't really understand how to treat this bugger. Just my opinion.... but I've been treating this for over 6 yrs now.

Try and aim for a set amount of fat grams a day.. and maybe work down. Like start at 30... and try and get down to at least 20 a day. If you need to eat a bit of natural meat, it's not a 'sin'.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can herx going on low fat eating, so start slowly.

And if you want some great recipes of things to eat, there is another site that is just for FL1953 on mdjunction.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2doggies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi hadlyme,

Thank you for the response. My doc wants me to add CO ONLY to the lyme cocktail which has artemisinin. The whole point is to get the parasites to eat the fat with the artemisinin so they "carry" it into the biofilm. No fat the rest of the day. If I can eat chicken breast, turkey breast and veg I am ok.

~k

[ 01-27-2013, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: 2doggies ]

Posts: 165 | From TN | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

The parasites will not eat the fat though. They do not live on fat.

The fat will go to the biofilm and make it thicker.

google betterhealthguy and FL1953 to read more.

--------------------

2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Exactly, the fat will go into the biofilm where the artemisinin is exposed to kill the biofilm. Betterhealthguy works closely with my doc actually and my doc works closely with Dr. Fry so my guess is he knows what he is talking about.

My main concern was whether I can have protein from lean chicken/turkey/fish the rest of the day. From what you have said, if I get down to 20 grams of fat or less I should be ok. I can do that even if I eat some boiled chicken breast.

hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

I go to Dr. F, and see him in a few days... I'll ask him what he thinks about it..

[Smile]

--------------------

2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Cool, thank you. I see Dr. K in Seattle.
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no question that I feel better on the low fat diet. I'm sure that this doc knows what he is talking about.

My problem is that I lose way too much weight. Not sure how to solve this problem. Feel good with low fat, but become weak when I start losing too much weight.

Recently, I've been eating all raw foods. It's been great!

Hadlyme, do you feel that you are beginning to turn a corner from this protocol? Are you also on Doxy?

Any suggestions?

I've thought about going to see Dr. F.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

hadlyme - what did Dr. F say about Dr. K's "Trojan Horse" theory?

Also, could crazy/excessive/uncontrollable hunger and fat cravings be part of die off for this parasite? I am so hungry I can barely stand it and I definitely do not feel better. I am on day 14 today and hate it.

Last but not least, I never got tested for FL1953. Dr. K and Dr. D just assume that their patients have it. Would it be worth it to get tested? How accurate is this test?

Haley - what all are you eating?

Thank you!!

hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Sad to say, I forgot to ask him this and other things!

I talked only on what I was feeling like and didn't bring other topics to the table! sorry.

I have been in a funk lately and discussed my funk! Which is my thyroid again.

I did ask him about diet and all, and still low fat, but do it according to one's body. Maybe my low fat isn't like your low fat. Don't starve yourself.

I am not on Doxy. I am on Zith and Malarone, Armour again, and a water retention pill for inflammation. Lower fat and SWEAT... heat up ones body is important. Saunas or hot tubs, exercise.

I do know he doesn't believe in the trojan horse theory. It's plain and simple. Lower fat, no magnisium, and the biofilm will be broken down better and then abx can hit it more. There's no protocol as what dr. K is saying coming from Dr. F.

I did ask him what was new.... and nothing right now. Just to make sure in the winter to heat up the body and sweat!

--------------------

Rockette1
Member # 38039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockette1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What were your symptoms of FL1953
Posts: 26 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rockette, Nefferdun posted the symptoms a while back (babs like symptoms). I have babs too, or maybe it's just protomyxzoa (not really sure). Taking parasite meds knocked my babs/protomyxzoa down (very helpful).

Hadlyme, I'm sorry to hear about your funk. My thyroid has been acting up too. Are you still taking ivermectin or diflucan? Are you able to take a basic mineral pill? I'm just wondering about KPU.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The odd thing is there is a practicioner in my area who says they speak to Dr. F in AZ frequently and he outright admits his success levels are low on successfully treating FL1953. Hmmm...
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Catgirl - how do you know that taking parasite meds helped? I have so many symptoms I don't even know which are from FL1953 assuming I have it. Still haven't been tested but am wondering if I should get the test rather than just continue this low fat diet.
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt better right away on ivermectin. Also alinia. Even salt/c, but ivermectin and alinia made the biggest dent. I'm doing low dose salt/c though, so maybe when I up it, I will see more improvement.

My babs symptoms go down while treating parasites (I keep a journal). I also eat low fat, so this helps them go down too. Doc H told me that babs is a parasite, so it only makes sense that both babs and protomyxzoa would go down when treating parasites.

I know what you mean about trying to figure out the symptoms (what's what). I've tossed this around with some symptoms that I thought were purely from lyme (knee, joint, shoulder pain). The connection is biofilm (protomyxzoa makes substantially more). They were lyme related symptoms, but when I cut the fat, the meds/herbs could find the bugs and kill them.

Everyone on the planet has biofilm. So Dr. F's discovery of cutting fat only makes sense, even for people who don't have protomyxzoa. I suspect many lyme patients have it and don't even know it. I was able to eat fat for a long time. I thought all my symptoms were from lyme and babs. The biofilm does this. It lets lyme/parsites thrive in heavily protected fortresses.

It takes time to figure it out. I still eat some fat, and when the pain comes back, I cut back again. I need some fat because I'm very thin. It's all about balance and what you can live with.

Keep a detailed journal of everything you eat and put on your skin. You can take the test, but if you fail it, you could still have it.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

2doggies, I forgot to mention, I get crazy carb and fat cravings like you do. I think it's all parasite related.

I eat lots of gluten free carbs (can't live without them), salads, veggies, lean meat, and occasionally avocado, and a few nuts here and there. I can't have the avocado or nuts all the time, but here and there is not a problem for me unless I eat them everyday. I had to find balance with the meat tho, because I was losing too much weight. You cut more fat without it though (=less biofilm).

Dr F's discovery of cutting fat to reduce biofilm is a huge piece to the puzzle for everyone on the planet. I'm really happy to discover this piece. [Smile]

--------------------

2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Hi catgirl,

Thank you for all the info. I am in my 4th week of low fat and I can't tell a difference at all. I have horrible abdominal distention 24/7 and a host of other issues. I am eating boiled chicken breast, turkey breast, or lean fish, and boiled veggies. That's about it. I did cheat once a week the first three weeks.

I finally traced the cravings and increased appetite to Ketotifen which I stopped and now I am fine. BTW, that's why I ended up cheating the first 3 weeks. I started and stopped Ketotifen 3 times and every time, around day 4, I started going nuts with food. It was awful.

Just talked to Dr. D and she said if I don't feel any better at all after 6 weeks of low fat to add fat back in. She is not a fan of the McDougall diet at all.

~k

Catgirl
Member # 31149

You're welcome 2doggies. :)

Are you eating any gluten free grains or greens (kale, spinach, etc)? You may want to add some in.

I make chili and put it in the middle of my plate and put mixed greens around it (looks pretty). I also top it with some cilantro or green onions. So I don't need to use any salad dressing that way. Also, organic greens taste better (less bitter).

I don't really boil my meat. I use a teaspoon of oil and a tablespoon of water, then after it's cooked a little bit, I add a little bit more water when it gets a little brown and starts to stick. You have to watch it and periodically add water, sort of like making risotto, only drier.

You can also cook the chicken down in water with some spices until you are able to shred it. Then put it on brown or wild rice, quinoa, millet, amaranth. It's my version of chicken and noodles (lol)!

If you steam your cruciferous veggies, you will find that they have more flavor. They also have more nutrients.

Your distension could be parasites and/or yeast. The salads will help with yeast. Fyi, parasites rarely show up with testing.

I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------

2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Hi catgirl,

I have a history of an eating disorder and grains are a trigger for me, so no grains. Same with legumes and even fruit is a slippery slope.

I will start making some stuff in the crock pot with spices and tomato sauce to give my chicken some flavor. I simmer my veggies, then puree them, blend in some Great Lakes gelatin, and let all if gel in the fridge. I take it out about 30 minutes before I eat and love it that way. It has a nice consistency. [Smile]

Thank you for your reply and your suggestions.

~k

nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biofilm also thrives on arginine so meat is a no no. If you eat whole grains and low fat, you won't have to worry about your eating disorder because you can eat as much as you want and you won't gain weight. Meat causes ammonia to build up and a surplus of sulfur. It is not healthy to stuff yourself with meat.

I have lost 20 pounds on this diet. My weight is perfect and I eat everything I want when I want as long as it is is low fat vegetarian. I eat a very small amount of dairy and egg whites but not daily.

In one of his interviews Dr. F said his success rose from 70% to 90% with the whole foods low fat vegan diet. Sounds like pretty good odds to me.

I am off drugs except for LDN. I take methyl cycle supplements and boluoke/lumbrokinase. Once a week I take LipoPhos EDTA which helps break down the biofilm, detoxes the liver and binds with heavy metals. I have tried taking it with Artemix and it is a nuclear bomb especially when I mix the Lipo in grapefruit juice.

I was hoping to find a way to fudge on the diet but not so far. It is the most important aspect to staying in remission.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2doggies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33118

Hi nefferdun,

Thank you for your reply. It's not weight gain per se I am concerned about. But for me to eat grains and expect to stop, is like asking an alcoholic to drink only one glass of alcohol and then stop. I just go crazy and then that kicks up my sweet cravings and could lead to a major binge and then purge. Like, I will find myself at Dunkin Donuts eating a whole dozen while sitting in the car!

In addition, I have other bugs and fungal overgrowth that like the sugars (polysaccharides and disaccharides) found in grains and my doctor asked me to avoid grains. So that's a no go for me.

Last but not least, I have high blood sugar so yeah, eating grains WOULD lead to weight gain for me.

I am not eating meat. I do eat chicken breast though and lean fish.

~k

[ 02-23-2013, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: 2doggies ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement