LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 6 Year Old / Tindamax / Regression / Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 6 Year Old / Tindamax / Regression / Worried
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, there -

My 6yo has been treating Lyme/Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever/Mycoplasma (I think that's it) for over a year.

We've seen some positive progress with the treatment.

He recently (2-4 weeks ago) started Timdamax. We've recently noticed strange behavior:
- inability to control self
- loud & disruptive behavior
- extreme sensitivity to noise
- extremely emotional
- unable to listen
- unable to read (he was reading fluently in Kindergarten, recently when he reads he is struggling and saying words funny...he's never sounded like that when reading even when he was learning)

We re starting to worry. Anyone with LOs on Indamax and can report this behavior. I know the Tindamax is hitting me hard. I'm hoping that is all it is.

Any thoughts would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeny
Member # 35984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I would stop the tindamax immediately, this happened to another mom I am in contact with and the doctor wrongly advised them to push through, The child completely regressed and became homebound, even IV abx was not helping. Consider trying some mild naturals to work on biofilms in a few months, such as NAC. Good luck.
Posts: 92 | From New Yorl | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your message, Hope. I feel so sorry for the family you mentioned. I hope that things turn around for them.

Curious, are cysts and bio films the same? I understood that they are different.

I'm looking for natural cyst busters. I've heard grapefruit seed oil is one. Anyone know of anything else?

I'm hoping to shift to an entirely natural protocol over the summer. That is if we've gotten enough of these bugs with the hard stuff.

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YinYang,
My kids did 2 years of abx starting at age 4 and I wish I had started with herbals. In our case, they worked much better for us. My kids didn't herx at all the second year on abx. I knew it was not doing anything but the doc told me to keep with the protocol. I wish I had followed my gut instincts sooner. At the end of the second year, one of my boys took flagyl and it made him act just like your son. Finally we had a herx, but it was too much for his brain and really hurt his gut. Energetic testing showed it was hitting many of the infections at once, but his body didn't want the drug.

We then had to stop abx and switched entirely to herbals with the whole family. That is how I got them better. We are now dealing with parasites but our lyme is under control.

GSE is very effective against babs in most cases and it also helps with yeast, which your son will have from the abx. I would start at 1 drop and ramp up slowly. It can be very powerful but I feel is much safer than abx. My kids still take it to keep yeast under control, even though they no longer have babesia.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Tickbattler,

Thanks so much for the info. I'm very interested in a natural protocol. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of trouble finding any way to move forward with a natural protocol I trust is right for each of us. We've all come so far, I'm scared to lose the progress. But, my son seemingly is anyway...

I was waiting until I was able to attend a seminar about natural Lyme treatments over the summer. It seems advisable not to wait, if possible.

Can you share with me how you figured out your natural protocol? I've false started with it many times and have a cupboard full of ledum, boron, artemisinin, GSE, etc. but no clue how to use them or if they are the right things. I've got Buhner's book but couldn't quite grasp the approach. Any direction would be appreciated. PM me if you have to.

Thanks so much for anything you can say!

tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YinYang-
Glad you are open to an herbal protocol. There are two very good ones that have helped us. I would start with the easiest one, which is a condensed version of the Cowden protocol:

Our practitioner's core protocol for my kids (based on 50 lb child)
is:

Nutramedix Samento ramp up very slowly to 7 or 8 drops twice daily
Nutramdeix Cumanda- ramp up slowly to 5 drops twice daily
Nutramedix Burbur - 6 to 8 drops twice daily.
You can put these all in the same glass of water and have them drink
it before meals.

Grapefruit seed extract - Agrisept - L by Nutridiem. 6 drops twice
daily. Our practitioner says this kills babesia and candida and we have found this to be true. You can add this to water or juice and drink with food.

Morninstar Minerals Energy Boost 4 to 6 ounces at breakfast and lunch. We have started putting our Samento/Cumanda/Burbur in this in the morning to save time and it works well.

She also give us a homeopathic remedy with frequencies imprinted for EBV and CMV if they are present.

Depdending on the person, she may add other things but this is her core lyme/coinfection protocol and she claims that it works in most cases. In some rare cases where the protocol doesn't seem to work, people need to add adaptagen or COQ10 to make the products work better and this normally solves the issue.

Most have parasites and her favorite parasite products are caprasite and paracleanse, which children can take.

The other great protocol is the Klinghardt lyme cocktail. It is stronger than the above protocol and seems to work faster for us. But it is more complicated to make with more products to purchase, etc.

If you are able, try to find a good practitioner that does muscle testing or EDS testing. Like anything, there are good ones and bad ones and that can make all of the difference. I feel this is an essential part of getting over lyme because you can see which infections you have and which products will work on them.

You will know if these protocols are working because you will herx on them probably within 20 minutes of taking them.

Hope this helps.

Best,
tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement