LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Depersonalization how would you describe it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Depersonalization how would you describe it
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone just feel totally lost, like your core personality has been lost and as if you just have no clue who you are?

And as if you don't even know what you like or dislike anymore or what makes you who you are

It is like you are a completely blank slate and have no inner self

It's like the old you has been totally lost and you are just a ghost or a hollow shell with no core or soul

And it seems the more I try to figure out who I am the less I can tell who I am

Does anyone feel like this?

Is this even depersonalization

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also liken it to not even knowing who or what made me who I was before sick and I have lost all the emotions and personality traits that made me human

Have lost all human connections too

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

It is like being completely dissociated from self.

Anyone feel this way

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maya,

i think people experience this differently...a lot of what you describe sounds more like depressions than depersonalization. My experience with it was more a mental out of body experience with no bearing on date or time or how i arrived t my place in life...no begin ...no ending..constantly asking myself what day, month time of day it was....

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Well I do have These symptoms too but just wondering if others had the dissociation from self
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DaveNJ, how did you fix it?

Maya, how's it going with the Mepron and babesia/parasite tx?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BBinme
Member # 34131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BBinme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me when I have depersonalization, it feels like a dream, like everything that is happening is not real, I hate that feeling...
Posts: 79 | From Maine | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey cd 57 is this how you feel too and I'm not on the Mepron and zith anymore
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey bab do you also have trouble identifying with self? Knowing who you are?
Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone else feel what I have described?
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't say i fixed it 100% but it's 90% better...treatment is all i can say and push the envelope with sweating(detox) and exercise...

i know that sound contratian but at some point you need to get ****ed off and fight through....for sure the exercise kept me sane..

i saw Dr B the famous shrink in NJ....he basically said that you have to understand that you've had what amount to a brain injury..so be kind to yourself and know that time will make it better...

i am not well but i am functioning at a high level in a the finance world....i have to write a lot of things down and it frustrates me ...but 4 years ago i couldn't remember people's names or speak publicly(a big part of my job)

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey dave did you feel what I have described?
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolann2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember the 'old me'. In fact when a doctor or anyone else asks me where I hurt, I don't have the energy to go into it with them.

Every morning, my sweet husband asks me 'How do you feel today'.

I think I have gotten so use to hurting, I cannot even remember what normal feels like.

I have only had these symptoms for less than a year. I cannot fathom those that have been battling this for years and years.

I am just so tired of dealing with it already. Although I will have spurts where it angers me and for a couple of hours I will be constructive.

Constructive in my thoughts, my work, my family. But all too soon, I get tired again. Hurting again.

Crying in my beer tonight. Sorry to unload on you! But I think I understand what you are asking.

Posts: 213 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey Carolina thanks for sharing this with me, I am sorry you feel this way, it really does suck

Hope you feel better soon

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too maya, all of the above:(

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this in the beginning when I first got sick. I remember trying to watch the movie THE SIXTH SENSE. I remember relating so well to that movie. I had the sense that I had died and wasn't really in this world anymore. I didn't feel real.

Fortunately, it didn't last very long, and that was the only time I had it. The Lyme and coinfections had fried my brain. I was a living zombie.

I diganosed myself with Lyme 7 years later and sought an LLMD. I'm doing 90-95% these days after aggressive treatment.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheryl -

Can you elaborate at all about that "aggressive" treatment? Thanks!

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call this "OPS" for outer-planetary surrealness. It feels like you are not in your body.

I am sorry you are experiencing this, it can be very scary.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this and felt like I was living a life that was like a movie and everyone else was in the movie

living life and I was a numb spectator and missed all emotion, including joy, enthusiasm, a feeling

of engaging, etc. What a sick, horrible feeling.

Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think everyone that has it it's in their own way, but maya, I feel the same way as you. Pretending to be me with emotion, self, Only feeling is fear that I'm not me and I cant get back. Time concept is so bad. I can relate to your posts. It's living in a movie you're not even in.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement