LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone have metal implants in their body

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone have metal implants in their body
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some major ones in my leg and wondering can these make you sicker?

Do they also leach metals into the body?

Or is there anyone out there who has them and has still gotten better?

Is this a major barrier to recovery?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two dental implants but they are made of titanium. No issues that I know of.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey faithful how long have you had them?
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Anyone else?
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one titanium dental implant, before they developed the circonium/carbon based/non-metal ones.

The implant was the first to be removed when I got ill. The tooth always felt slightly warm from day one. For me, it was
a mistake to put titanium into the mercury-laden mouth. Titanium is not what doctors and dentists make us believe - it is not inert. www.melisa.org

Some may be able to compensate the different metal resonating with the different dental metals in my mouth. It stressed my system 24/7 until it was removed.

Not everyone reacts the same. But one need to be aware.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trimom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trimom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 titanium plates and about 10 screws in my tibia. I don't think it has made a difference.
Posts: 120 | From MA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not have titanium plate (yet) but just wanted to share the info. I recieved from both my LLMD and Neurosurgeon regarding this.

NS said that the type of titanium plate that is used for the skull does not leach metal or decay. I am not sure I believe him though... He does recommend that everyone get tested for titanium allergy prior to getting any titanium in the body, so that might be a consideration.

A friend of mine had hip replacement with titanium and was not really feeling well 3 years post op. They came to find there was a problem with the titanium - not sure what sort of problem but they had it replaced.

When I asked my LLMD about a metal in the body his comment was more around having any sort of surgery with lyme. Some concern about having titanium in the body but might be okay as long as there are no allergies to it.

With that said, there is always the potential for lyme to take up residence in areas of weakness and past truama/surgery.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

I actually have stainless steel in my leg so I don't know if this makes a difference
Maya12
Member # 36392

Can you still chelate with this crap in your body
shannon12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shannon12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have metal plates in my jaw with screws, jaw surgery years ago, not sure exactly what kind of metal , interesting to find out though.
Posts: 229 | From Forty Fort, PA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a titanium dental implant in late 2009 and lost hearing in the ear on that side Jan. 2011. I am now sure that I had lyme disease at that time without knowing it.

I never felt like things were right after that implant. But all of my visits to the dentist, oral surgeon and x-rays could not validate any problem with it.

I would like to find out if I am allergic to titanium. I am going to discuss this with my LLNP next visit. Thanks for starting this post, Maya.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,
Could you let us know what your symptoms were before you had the dental implant removed and how having it removed changed things for you?

Did you know you were allergic to titanium before you decided to have the implant removed?

What did you do for that lost tooth once the implant was removed?

Thanks so much.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei, My symptoms were so serious - I was deadly ill. I had no choice but to remove all my root canals and the implant - to free at least my mouth of toxic metals. That of course still left major toxic metal deposits in every body compartment, mainly the brain and central nervous system.

I was allergic to most toxic metals and my body could not deal with any of them, did not recognize them. I took care of the most immediate problems with the Allergie Immun Therapy. But it still meant to get the metals out of organs, joints, connective tissue, etc.

I got over Lyme a long time ago, but not over the just as devastating parasites and am now doing MMS. It also "neutralizes" the toxic metals, whatever that means. But I feel wonderful on MMS

http://phaelosopher.com/2007/09/09/no-miracle-just-wonderful-chemistry/

disposing of all sorts of things that should not be there.

I have dealt with all the problems of Lyme and Co and their after effects, and MMS is taking care of the rest.

I give you this link to read and learn, if it is of interest.

I have none of my god-given teeth left - root canals and crowns of different alloys destroying the gums and brain connection took care of that.
I would never put a piece of metal, any metal, into my mouth again. Metal and saliva create electrogalvanism - just like a car battery! I do not think tiitanium is any exception. If I had had only one lost tooth, I would have chosen a partial of non-metal. That depends on the location and tolerance to the material.

I wish, I wish I had MMS back then.

This should answer Maya12's question also. I had a plate and 7 screws in a broken heal, but Dr. K. pushed me to have the metal removed after a year and so I did. But of course the leaching of the metals into the body is well on its way once the metal is installed, and some of my hair tests showed titanium coming out of my body, a couple of months ago ----- the implant was removed in 1998!!!!!!

I am glad for MMS and hope many people start to learn about it.

Take care and good wishes for all.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dental implants have been in for 6 years at least, maybe longer. Never felt any issues from them.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Has anyone chelated with these metal implants?
dbpei
Member # 33574

I have been chelating with cilantro and chlorella for the past 6 months or so. I don't think my symptoms have worsened. In fact, there is some improvement.

I have been taking 1 gram of chlorella 1/2 hour before meals and at bedtime. One week during the month, I take cilantro (10 drops) about 10 minutes before breakfast and then again at bedtime. When I am taking cilantro, I take more chlorella - working up to about twice as much. I also start the cilantro at 5 drops and work my way up to 10.

But you are supposed to only do this about 1 week out of every 3 or 4. This is Dr. K's suggestion. My LLNP did go to some of his trainings but is not a certified ART practitioner.

My head vibrations are less frequent and intense since doing the chelation. My thinking is also clearer and my immune system is kicking in now. I am off all ABX, but taking herbals - Samento and Banderol.

I just started Salt C last week. Feeling a little strange at times, but hope it will work along with everything else to zap the bugs/parasites still causing trouble.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement