LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » PAYPAL ACCOUNT SET UP FOR DR. JONES!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PAYPAL ACCOUNT SET UP FOR DR. JONES!
poppy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.indiegogo.com/JonesAppeal?c=home

And more info here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=031600;p=0

(I am not clear on why it says $10K is the goal and gives a time for raising the funds that is far beyond the critically short period that really exists. Please read the whole thing, which gives more accurate information. This must be done NOW and the goal is $40K.)

[ 01-31-2013, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: poppy ]

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Poppy for posting the link. It looks like the site has raised over $9600 so far -- I saw several doctors listed as contributors.

So it looks like the 40,000 is almost at the 25 percent mark.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a way to donate with a credit card?

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup says she when she went to that site to donate, it said either paypal or credit card was accepted. I can't vouch for this as I have donated in the past by sending checks. However, since there is an immediate deadline, checks might be on the slow side.
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paypal should accept credit cards. My sister sent me some money that way a few months ago.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amos
Member # 27219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a donation using a credit card through the above link. It accepts paypal or credit card.
Posts: 23 | From PA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would think other LLMDs would also help him... but DO THEY KNOW ABOUT IT!??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, to now know about Dr Jones if you're a LLMD is kind of like the President of the U.S. not knowing about a declared war on the U.S.. In other words..IMPOSSIBLE. They know.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think all the LLMDs should be helping out with whatever contributions they feel comfortable making, and I have made that suggestion to ILADS.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
poppy,

thank you for reposting this. Could you please change the title to all caps and add some !!! for emphasis, considering how urgent this is? Thank you!

We CAN'T let him go out of practice!!

Robin, thank you for contacting ILADS. Surely they already know, but the more mention the better.

His situation is so appalling, but, as usual, I'm preaching to the choir!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

People, ILADS knows all about this and I am sure that individual doctors have helped privately. You probably don't know that the legal expenses have reached a million dollars at this point for the doctor we are discussing. Don't know what the monitoring cost total is, but it must be a large number too.

This doctor is one of a number who are currently being persecuted around the country. The last number I heard was 15, with quite a few in NY, which we read about in the Poughkeepsie newspaper article series. I don't think everyone realizes just how few doctors we have and how threatened they are in most states. Even in NY where previous activism efforts produced a policy letter by the state saying they would not go after lyme docs the way they are now doing.

We are dealing with a medical establishment that does not care about the health of the American public, and that includes the federal and a most state agencies that deal with health matters. Our tax dollars are going to maintain this persecution.

lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checks too. However you can do it...

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Is it just my computer or has something happened to the link to the fundraising site? I just tried to check on the updated balance and get a message saying forbidden?

Bea Seibert

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It worked for me about 30-60 minutes ago.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Link seems to be working now. Total is up to $14,476.

I will be so glad when I get my new computer up an running.

Bea Seibert

beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I am having trouble on this indiegogo site. I can't see where I can click on something to make a credit card donation. Help!
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

You are right, something has malfunctioned at this site. Bad timing.

Until they get it fixed, here is an excerpt from his letter about the situation. Send checks to this address:

Charles Ray Jones, M.D.
111 Park Street, 1st Floor
New Haven, CT 06511
(please write �gift� in the memo field)

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just on the site a short while ago, and no problem. I presume that the site sometimes gets overwhelmed.

You pay via Paypal, which can take the $$ from a credit card or your checking account. The amount keeps increasing, which is great!

People are also donating via either sending checks, or via credit card through his office.

Poppy, thank you for making the title more noticeable.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heart warming to see such kind LymeNet members, but then I knew you were sweeter than Tupelo Honey.

Thanks so much for your support and for sharing the link! Never a better gift than giving to Dr. J and his/our kids.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The website now states:

"Note: Dr. Jones has announced that he has received enough donations and pledges to continue to practice!! Good News!!"

That is GREAT NEWS!

The reason to continue donating, according to the website:

"But, Please Keep Donating! He's not in the clear yet. We hope to reach our goal of $20,000! He still NEEDS FUNDS to support his upcoming fight to WIN the Supreme Court Appeals case."

For more information on the Supreme Court battle, check this link, as it has a message from Dr. J.

https://sites.google.com/site/drjoneskids/overview-summary/update-winter-2012-13

Oh, and to those IDSA toads attacking Dr. J, who are reading this...

Kiss my grits!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

BTW- There are some very wonderful LLMD's contributing to keep Dr. J working and in the position to help the kids. Not all do, but some very kind and generous ones make contributions. It is just not something they announce publicly.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome - he should be able to practice for as long as he is able to do so - a national/international treasure.

Hopefully his situation was announced everywhere in the land this week. Our support group discussed it tonite.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's over $15,100 now. Plus he'll be getting checks in the mail. [woohoo]

I hope a lot more is pouring in.
God bless him for all he does.

He's a victor no matter how things turn out.
He's taken a stand that so many wouldn't.
He's continuing to stand for not only the precious children, but other LLMDs and US!

We need to continue to support him as much as we possibly can.

I want to thank everyone as together we Can make a difference.

--------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9-11

9 But he said to me, �My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.� Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ�s power may rest on me.

Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amos
Member # 27219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!!
Posts: 23 | From PA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Yes, I spoke to him Thursday am, and he told me that he had enough to make it through this current crises with the rent, etc. But I didn't want to announce it, because, of course, he still needs funds for his legal defense.

He thanked all of us for our support and work on his behalf. Yeah!!!! I knew that we couldn't let him go down!

It's true, the stand that he continues to take is awesome. He knows full well that not only would untold numbers of kids suffer if he went under, but we can't let the Medical Boards win, as they will only escalate, if we do.

Let righteousness prevail!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement