LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » could eating an egg make me feel really wierd...spacey, tired, unfocussed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: could eating an egg make me feel really wierd...spacey, tired, unfocussed?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eggs have been a major way i get protein forever

i stopped eating them around jan 1

i was supposed to stop a lot of other things too but didnt get it together enough

today-i had one egg...and i have been in a fog all day. there is notheing bad happeneing to make me extra depressed adn i dont have a fever or nausea...i dont know what it is

and i just remembered the egg...is that what being sensitive to eggs shows up as?

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently stopped eating eggs but haven't really noticed.

I've always been suspicious of eggs, but I don't know what the symptoms would be.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.. skip a few days and then try again

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband got severe headaches 48 hours after eating eggs. He avoids anything with egg in it.

Don't know if it made him feel foggy - but he described the headaches as feeling like his head would explode!

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said that you have been eating them all along. Why do you think they would cause symptoms now?

I think if you have an allergy - you would have known it a while ago. i guess we can develop these things at any time...

fyi -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_allergy

I always think of eggs as being a healthy food.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TestyTommy
Member # 35790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TestyTommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're allergic.

Allergies develop when we eat the same things all the time.

Posts: 17 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sulfur intolerance, heavy metals are a problem for you!
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that a common symptom of yours back when you ate them all the time, or a new one?
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Allergy, sulfur issues aside . . .

eggs are best from from hens that are not just cage-free (for that can be a terrible existence) but free range, fed with organic feed (which is non-GMO).

Eggs from chickens that are hostage to cramped, dirty quarters, fed GMO feed and other stuff that we'd not want in our bodies - well, they are just not going to have the same nutritional effect on our bodies as eggs from healthy hens.

Even if not certified organically raised, be sure the eggs have a certification that proves HUMANE treatment.

WASH EGGS just before cracking open. This can help decrease chance of food-borne infection.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allergies can happen at any time. T. Tommy is right.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Adding to Tommy's "Allergies develop when we eat the same things all the time."

Probably best to retire eggs for a while. When ready do try a reintroduction, there is a specific way to do that.

It's important to not eat the same foods everyday.

Best to have 2 days in between (eat "whatever" on Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wed., etc). - or at least 2 days off a certain food each week. And a whole week off every couple of months or so.

This includes the oils used in cooking. Coconut oil and Olive Oil are great but do not consume every single day of the week.

Get to know all the other oils. Avocado oil, etc.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all so much.

sorry i took so long to get back...foggy me.

i didnt explain well.

i have eaten eggs for a long time. for awhile i only ate eggwhites but then went back to the whole egg when my D got real low. i depend on them for low fat protein cuz i am hypoglycemic and fat.

i wante to start an elimination type diet jan 1st (no eggs, dairy, gluten, peanuts, soy, sugar and corn -and other gmo foods)

i have been too messed up in other ways to start the diet but i have been getting rid of food s i am not supposed to have and about a week ago i ran out of eggs and and so i know i havent had any. well - i had one. and then i ate it-after a week of none and that is what happend.

the diet literature says foods you depend on that you ccrave can be foods you are allergic to and it doesnt have to be hives etc..the allergy can make you fat!

so i was supposed to stop all those things for 3 weeks. then gradually add back in most of them...never sugar tho. and only add them in one at a time...to see which ones make me feel worse. i guess that assumes i am going to feel good not eating the 7 foods.

im going thru a wierd time with new severe sx and having trouble dx them...the way i feel could be depression and emotional...its hard for me when i am not clear about how impaired i will be...i can plan for it it it stays the same...but it keeps changing...from being able to walk-to not being able to walk...and i never know. so maybe those feeling were emotional.

i was wondering if otheres reacted to that with egg allergy.

i am VERY allergic to sulfA...not sulfur...and my metal tests are always low and i dont have metal in my mouth

i have heard about getting allergic to foods you eat everyday. what is hard for me is planning and preparing...the combo of post-cuncussive syndrome making my brain messed up and severe arthritis in my hands making the prep hard has made me eat a few foods that are easy-and healthy.

like almond butter and bluberries on a rice cake every morning. or oatmeal with apples and bananas and cinnamon.

i guess i should try to figure out how to separate the foods...it is really hard for me.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's the mold that is making you feel ill? How's the remediation going?
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom has an egg issue. She went through allergy testing and the allergist told her that how much the eggs are cooked could effect her allergic response (gets a very sick stomach).

she has discovered that she can eat hard boiled eggs where everything has been cooked a while.

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement