LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Got a Trifield Meter!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got a Trifield Meter!
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very interesting. My apartment isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Just some observations to people who may not have one or who can't afford one -

stay far away from the laptop, printer, hard drive, etc.

unplug everything you are not using

my air filter was creating a pretty large electrical field

keep the clock radio far away from the bed

electrical cords have pretty large electrical fields around them - so it may be the device AND the cord which is bad...

the back of the refirgerator was pretty potent

the coffee maker was alot better when I unplugged it

(I don't have a TV or microwave & I don't use a cell phone - I have one but I try to only use it for emergencies)

---

I don't think the Trifield is the end all & be all but it does give a good indication.

I don't know about the dirty electricity meters or filters.

I noticed that when I unplugged everything - it seems pretty low. So, I don't know if they are necessary. They plug into the wall - so I'm not sure how that would make things better...

My advice - unplug everything you aren't directly using & stay as far away as you can from your computer equipment. Don't keep an electric clock radio near your bed - especially where your head is. The cord may be worse than the front of it.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Electrical cords have a large field around them?
How many feet around them?
Dang, I need a lamp next to the bed.

What about the computer and monitor, can you see at what point the field drops off...how many feet.

I've read that the place where the electrical wires connect to the house should be avoided.
Well, ours connect at the front of the house, and that's where our bedroom is.
Have you check yours?

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't checked outside. I live in an apartment.

The front of the laptop is pretty bad (where the keyboards is - I have a Mac). It's about 1 & 1/2 to 2 feet! I saw that someone reported having breast cancer & she saw why after getting a meter. She used her laptop on a desk & it was pointed directly at her chest.

Electrical cords plugged in (with the appliance, lamp, etc. OFF) have a field of about a foot at least. Yes, even if it's OFF.

My best advice is to just pull the plug on anything not in use. I don't know about what is in that walls & the "dirty electricity" aspect that other types of meters are finding.

I have to study the magnetic band on the Trifield meter further. I don't think the RF function is very sensitive on this meter, either. Some people get better meters to measure RF/microwave.

I did a quick check of my place & it wasn't too bad otherwise. I thought it was going to be pretty bad. They have a bunch of large refrigerators downstairs - it's a store. I'm going to have to go over it again more thoroughly.

It did make a difference to my sleep last night to have the powerstrips near my bed unplugged.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Flashlight works wonders at night when the fuses are off to the major sleeping areas.

And seriously treating parasites who are hanging on to the toxic metals that helped to electrocute me 24/7 is the most effective. It takes a while to get there though.

I use MMS and it is by far the best treatment I have done for parasites and the problems they and toxins cause. MMS costs about $20.00 per year for those who have to watch their funds. It is a good idea to learn all the details about MMS, listen to every You Tube available on the subject and start slower than anything else you have ever done.

Glad you got the meter and can take some action.
To learn about the Dirty Electricity, go to Magda Havas' site. I had a lot of Dirty Electicity that I corrected with the Stetzers to calm things down around me.

But let me add again, nothing works well if you are still full of parasites and metals, and biofilm which is glue that holds it all together.

Healthy Days.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yeah, I had a candle on last night... I also have a small LED lamp which had no noticable EMFs.

I saved the metals for last... That's what I'm going to attempt to deal with this year. Still dealing with parasites but nothing like I was.

Does anyone know if there is any scientific info on the dirty electricity issue. I looked at some studies about it & I'm a little skeptical.

I called the dirty electricity place & I got a negative feeling from the lady that anwsered the phone. She seemed really arrogant to me.

In theory - this whole area has dirty electricity... So, if I start putting in filters - will all the dirty electricity in the building/ town start coming in through my apartment? I don't know how I could ever have enough.

I live in the town where Edison had his lab. I can see the lights flicker/surge in the whole area if I stand on the hill near by.

I also don't like that you have to use "their" meter to measure if the filters are enough. They quoted me about $900 to do my apartment.

There is another company that sells the filters for less. According to their theory - if you don't put enough on - it's not effective.

Just pluging an apliance in the wall made the situation worse so how can the plug in filters help? I think I'd need 100 of them...

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said, "I haven't checked outside. I live in an apartment."

Check inside the building, at the point nearest where the wires hook up on the outside.

Or inside the apartment, closest to the outside wiring.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdp710
Member # 34017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdp710     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is most of the book on Dirty Electricity.

http://books.google.com/books?id=tDls4TmCTqkC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

I own a GS meter. The most important thing to keep in mind is to remove all CFL bulbs from your house and don't use dimmer switches. If you turn on a CFL bulb in one room thinking you won't be harmed because you're in another room this is not true. It raises the dirty electricity in the adjacent rooms and throughout the house dramatically.

So again, the most important thing to keep in mind is I would highly recommend not to use anything connected to a dimmer switch. And remove all CFL bulbs and go back to incandescent or LED. This alone will lower the dirty electricity "dramatically."

While not nearly as helpful, to further help, one may wish to unplug electronic devices as well and anything with a transformer when not in use.

Posts: 52 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.magdahavas.com/category/electrosmog-exposure/dirty-electricity-electrosmog-exposure/

Magda Havas was a speaker a couple of years ago at Dr. K.'s seminar presenting her and other research data to a group of medical doctors, dentists and ND's.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks GiGi - I'll look at it. I'm just a bit skeptical about the filters. I read a scientific paper that showed that the filters disburse or break up the EMFs/frequencies so I don't really know if this is helping things. I'm not well versed in science & physics to know if this is good or not good.

Thanks jdp710! - I don't use any CFL bulbs in the house. I hate them... I have to go outside & look around. I can't really change anything outside but there may be fields from lightposts, signs, etc.

I think they have a ventalation fan somewhere downstairs and AC in the summer.

I do really feel alot better just from unplugging the power strip near my bed. I'm going to try to be more contientious about the computer, too.

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in a rental house with 5 dimmer switches. How hard/expensive is it to switch them?

I do have emf sensitivities and would like to reduce my exposure.

[ 02-07-2013, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: dogmom2 ]

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I'm not sure about that, dogmom.

I checked my walls yesterday & they are very bad. It seems that all the dirty electricity is in the walls. I moved my bed away from all the walls & I felt better this morning.

I think it is really affecting me - which is what I thought. I didn't want to move based on my theory but it's not good. I felt about 90% better when I moved in here. Within about 3 months - I was ill again.

I'm trying to do what I can but I think I'm going to have to move. I don't know if I can remediate it or if it's worth it.

MichaelTampa
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dogmom2:
I live in a rental house with 5 dimmer switches. How hard/expensive is it to switch them?

I do have emf sensitivities and would like to reduce my exposure.

That sounds to me like a fairly simple electrical wiring project. I would expect it means just changing out the boxes in the wall for different boxes. Obviously, for those not knowledgeable on how to do wiring, any electrical wiring project would seem complicated. But on the scale of things, I would expect it to be far on the simple side.

If you'd be paying someone to do it, you might find someone in the "handyman" category to do it, or certainly any electrician would make quick work of it.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement