LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sugar Reduction......HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sugar Reduction......HELP!!!
Jessig627
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessig627     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I know this is going to sound completely idiotic, but anyone have any tricks they used to kick eating sugar?

It's all I crave and I have it in the house since I have my 2 little kids, mom and hubby. I've elimated lots of things, but to be fair to everyone else, there are still some items with sugar around. I'm like a junkie! I go around sneaking it in, however or wherever I can get it!

I don't know if it's withdrawl/detox from not having sugar, but if I don't have sugar by mid afternoon everyday, I start feeling like garbage. My doc insists I need to be on a low carb, very low sugar diet and i'm a lousy eater as it is (no veggies (some only in soup pureed, no fish at all).

Any advice or tricks anyone used to kick down the sugar cravings would be greatly appreciated. I feel really ridiculous stealing my sons fruit roll up but I can't help myself. My cravings are actually that bad!

Posts: 132 | From Central New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessig627,
I feel your pain, and I know it's rough!! I have to slowly get off sugar and cut back a little each day. To start with, I appoint a day as my weekly cheat. Sometimes knowing I can have a little treat in a couple days helps get me through.

I have found increasing my probiotic to be helpful. Are you addressing yeast? That can cause additional cravings.

Sorry!

--------------------
You name it, I've got it.
Full-time medical anomaly.

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Need B Complex vitamins to help reduce sugar cravings.

Also, Chromium can help. It helps control blood sugar.

Make sure you have lots of high protein snacks on hand - nuts, etc. - that you can grab and be sure to snack on them at least every 2 hours between meals to keep blood sugar levels stable.

Also, I'd suggest enlisting the other members of the house to help you fight your cravings.

So for example, tell them when you are craving sugar and then they can come up with a distraction activity, or an alternative snack suggestion, to help you get through the craving without giving in...

Yeast/Candida can increase sugar cravings too, so yes, that is a good thing to address if you haven't been doing so already.

And there are sugar-free candies that are sweetened with Xylitol that are safe and won't cause problems for most...

I find the xylitol sweetened candy & dark chocolate to be quite satisfying and doesn't encourage me to go back for more and more and more like sugar sweetened varieties can...

Another idea is to smell something sweet like rose or other perfume instead when you crave sugar. Sometimes, just smelling something sweet that is non-edible can help counter the craving.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious - do you also crave bread? 'Cause if you do, it could be candida - the yeast wants sugar and bread.

I had candida, and did a step-down diet re the sugar. First I eliminated sugar but ate sweet fruits, to get over the initial hurdle. I found it took about 10 days.

Then I eliminated the fruit and just ate veggies, lean meat and whatever else was allowed on the nonyeast diet.

I just reread your post - what do you mean by no veggies and no fish?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two things that work for me.
1) drink some sea salt and water everyday.

2) eat some nut butters on a healthy cracker when craving sweets.

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FamilyFive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 37206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FamilyFive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sugar is addictive, no doubt about it. I'm also a sweets eater, have 3 kids, and love to bake. It's the hardest thing for me to give up and I've fallen off the wagon several times. But as a woman, getting a yeast infection certainly kicks my butt back into gear.

After about a week it starts to get easier and the cravings subside a bit. I keep diet soda (which I drink sparingly), as well as a bar of sugar-free dark chocolate from Trader Joe's. I just have a little piece when the cravings get really bad. I also eat strawberries with whipped cream for a treat occasionally. It really helps not to feel like you have to totally deprive yourself.

--------------------
FamilyFive

Posts: 218 | From Maryland | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bake with almond flour. Elanaspantry.com for some great recipes using almond flour.

I also use xylitol that is made from birch for a sweetener. It is a sugar alcohol but make sure you don't buy the kind made from corn. Emerald makes the kind I buy and amazon.com seems to have it for the best price right now.

I find that the xylitol is a bit sweeter when baking so I reduce the amount.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kicked my sugar habit (long before my lyme dx) by turning to whole fruit first. Gobble, gobble, I ate a ton of fruit to make up for no ice cream, lol! Then I normalized a bit and reduced the fruit to a more normal level (1, 2 or 3 servings a day).

Especially helpful to me is pineapple--for some reason this is so satisfying to me I don't crave any sweet at all if I can have some pineapple.

I have to say I don't entirely agree with this 'low carb' stuff--I avoid ALL processed flours, rarely eat any bread because I have to make it myself (glutenfree), no processed sugar or refined fruit juices. Everything I eat is in its original packaging as grown. Exception: an occasional rice cake.

However, whole starches (brown rice, potatoes, yams, other tubers, beans, etc.) are the primary fuel our body needs. If you are not getting enough of these whole foods with their natural carbs you WILL crave sugar.
I know this is not a popular view but it is based on fact. See the film "Forks over Knives".

Posts: 261 | From Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a complete sugar addict, so I understand. It's so funny telling a friend with Lyme that you had some ice cream is like saying that you had crack or something.

None of the little tricks work for me. Using fruit, eating more meals. Whatever, none of that worked.

What finally changed some of my bad eating habits was going on a raw food cleanse. Some how you have to get through a week or so and eventually the cravings subsided. I actually began to desire food that was good for me.

Part of going on this cleanse was buying a really good blender and drinking highly nutritious green drinks. There are some great recipes out that and they don't have to taste terrible.

I've been doing raw foods since the beginning of the year. Today is the first day that I had some cravings for refined sugar.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Haley:
I am a complete sugar addict, so I understand. It's so funny telling a friend with Lyme that you had some ice cream is like saying that you had crack or something

Lol. Isn't that the truth [Big Grin]

I tell my husband the first thing I'm going to do when I can get away with it is eat a bag of gummy worms, you know the sour ones. I also think about hot tamales, those cinnamon chewy things. How I loved candy.

The only sugar I have now is an occasional fruit or gluten free raisin bread with almond butter.

Gosh, to eat normal again. A glass of wine with dinner would sure be nice. Not worrying about having too many carbs, and to finish it off with a little ice cream with chocolate sauce.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay this is going be a somewhat different suggestion than what you are used to but here goes:

a) gravitate to it...don't go cold turkey...first i try to do better each day...then i tried Mon-Friday....then i tried eliminating it on one day of the weekend which is where i am .....cravings are gone.

b)..and the most important for me because i have plenty of junk in my house....i placed a calendar in the kitchen for all to see....i mark my progress(NS=no sugar, LS=low sugar,gym, my current weight, etc)... and i have a "CTE" at the top in bold font....its means confront the enemy...i.e i've taken up arms against sugar....anyway that big sign on the cabinet has helped me tremednously....what i find funny is that none in my house has ever asked what CTE means.

anyway....humor me and give this a try.

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bitten in Bergen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitten in Bergen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup - it's true - kicking the sugar habit is awfully hard. I've tried a couple of times.

But most recently, I had no choice, since all the abx have thrown my body into yeast overload even though I rotate natural antifungals, take nystatin, and take probiotics.

Cut out sweets. Now the only sugar I get is what is in a prepared food (i.e. sauces). Also a BIG fan of xylitol - they sell it in containers like sugar - just be sure to ramp up slowly. It has a laxative effect, however, it is also a natural antifungal.

In fact, since cutting out the sugar, I am not as exhausted as I used to be - not as much brain fog either.

So there are definite benefits to be had. I've been trying to convince my lyme spouse to do the same, but no luck so far. Bad habits die hard.

Good luck and hang in there!

Posts: 348 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessig627
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jessig627     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone so much for all of your suggestions! It's almost like quitting smoking! I never thought it would be this hard.

And to be honest, i'm a lousy eater. I don't eat any vegetables unless they're pureed in soup and very few fruits.

What's funny is that now i'm always looking for the carbs as a replacement for sugar. It's like a no win situation. I feel like it's the Atkins diet! And i'm not giving up my cheese for anything!!!! lol

Good luck everyone and thanks again for all of the great advice! :-)

Posts: 132 | From Central New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homemade kombucha is working for me!

Try this site for info...

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/kombucha-troubleshooting-frequently-asked-questions-faq

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is really hard. I have 3 boys in the house and so there are a lot of sweets always around. I am trying to do gluten free and the candidates diet so sweets are but for sure. I have been surprised to see that after a few days of no sugar the cravings go away. The great thing is pain level is close to 0 some days not sure of its due to the gluten free or the no sugar or both..
Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessig627
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36240

Thanks Lymetoo! Ellen, i've read about the gluten free diet and from the research I did, it takes almost 6 months to see changes from that. Not sure i'm right, or the sites were for that matter, but that's what they said.

With all that, you giving up the sugar for a few days straight and not having any cravings gives me hope! And I went to the doctor today and found I put on 10lbs. I didn't realize all the ice cream and candy I was sneaking in would catch up that quickly. Must think of that when I go after sugar from now on! lol

happydaychick
Member # 37799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happydaychick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few things that help me when I want to snack or crave sugar are chewing gum, brushing my teeth, or drinking tea/hot beverage.

Quiting sugar is tough...the first 4 days are the hardest, but it DOES get better after that. Believe me, if I can do it, so can you. Hang in there!

And, thanks for the tip about xylitol sweetened dark chocolate... I'm going to Trader Joe's tomorrow!!

I had a 1/2 piece of chocolate truffle tonight and thought I died and went to heaven!!

Posts: 80 | From New England | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For us it's stevia all the way. It come in a bunch of flavours.
Hot chocolate with real cocoa powder and chocolate stevia- YUM!

Also found some great ideas in this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Free-Gluten-Free-Baking-Desserts-Delicious/dp/1569757046/ref=pd_sim_b_3

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didnt read all of above-but years ago i realized i had a problem

it took 3 awful days to go cold turkey off sugar and i felt so much better. and the cravings were gone.

i have read that many take a small amount of dark choclate eaach day and it is good for you.

i use stevia and xlitol in baking and in stewed fruit i use as sweetners-on rice cake with nut betters or in oatmeal bars i make with many nuts, seeds and a little dried fruit-the little fruit i use doesnt bother me if it is taken with fiber.

i learned this from being hypoglycemic.

but really-if you can take 3 days to baby yourself and get off...it is much easier---i did it working with kids and husband...but i think he took over for a long weekend while i got over the hump.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EWT1638
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWT1638     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on the Lyme diet. NO carbs, no sugar, no alcohol, no soft fruits, ect.

I drink lots of purified water, cinnamon tea or a little bit of almond milk, I juice veggies w/ green apples & carrots, eat raw almonds, granny smith slices w/almond butter. My LLMD allows a little bit of honey, which I drizzle about 1tsp into about 1.5 cups of non-fat plain greek yogurt 2-3 times per week. I pop grape tomatoes like candy.

You can do some stuff with almond flour.

It was torture the first 2 weeks, but I am NOT feeding the Lyme. Get your family to help you by not eating stuff in front of you, limiting their sugar intake wouldn't hurt them either!

--------------------
When you reach your "wits-end" remember this: "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Posts: 397 | From Loudoun County Virginia | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wikipedia

sugar addiction

A 1987 study showed sugar acted as an analgesic drug whose effects could be blocked by a morphine blocker.[2]

In her 1998 book, author Kathleen DesMaisons outlined the concept of sugar addiction as a measurable physiological state caused by activation of opioid receptors in the brain

and hypothesized that dependence on sugar followed the same track outlined in the DSM IV for other drugs of abuse.[3][page needed]

Fifteen years later, 2002 research at Princeton began showing the neurochemical effects of sugar, noting that sugar might serve as a gateway drug for other drugs.[4]

The research group fed chow to the rats as well as a 25% sugar solution similar to the sugar concentration of soft drinks.

After one month the rats became "dependent" on the sugar solution, ate less chow and increased their intake of the sugary drink to 200%.[5]

The sugar industry asserts that similar effects have been reported for rats given solutions that tasted sweet, but contained no calories.[citation needed]

However, some scientists say that caloric value may not be the issue. Researchers say that sugar and the taste of sweet is said to stimulate the brain by activating beta endorphin receptor sites, the same chemicals activated in the brain by the ingestion of heroin and morphine.[6]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting....confirms my way of living i.e all or nothing....once i get off it i have no need for and once i'm hooked wow is it hard to get off.

thankfully i am in a good trend right now.

Dave

--------------------

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coconut oil really gets you off sugar FAST. I have it in tea in the am, and I really don't want to eat any type of carbs or sugar at all.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Julie,

is there a brand you recommned?

Dave

--------------------

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the problem is it's in everything.

i am craving sugar like crazy and my yeast is totally out of control.

for me it's cokes and my rattie husband likes to eat out. i am clueless about what to order in a restaurant and get real witchy when i feel like i can't have what i want. childish huh??

this is one of the toughest things i've had to do.'

rate it right there with mom's death and divorce!!!

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessig627
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36240

Thank you everyone! It's day 2 with virtually no sugar. I allowed myself cereal that has some sugar in it since it has fiber. And then a glass of green goodness this morning.

Now i'm chewing gum for hours and drinking a ton of water to ward off the cravings. Sad part is I had to buy my kids candy for valentines day. Now the fun part comes tomorrow...watching them eat it and not having any!! lol Hope everyone feels better. It's nice to know that i'm not alone in my "sugar junkie" state of being! :-)

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
be careful...did you know there's sugar in milk??

i drink low fat skim and it still has sugar in it.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cokes, randi?? With diverticulitis? You need a reverse trend going on here.

[Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Jessig.. Julie is right .. eat good fats like coconut oil and avocados... anything to ward off hunger. Stay away from cereal too.

Good luck with Valentine candy.. I feel for you!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jessig627
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36240

Thanks guys! I'm doing my best! I feel like a nasty toddler throwing a fit. lol

Randi, I LOVE my cereal!! That's a tough one. It's like the last thing I have left. I realize I have to do it though to see progress.

Lymetoo and Julie, I will be doing my best and try to eat the good fats like you suggested.

I'm starting to think I need to detox more to give my system a little push.

Saying my prayers for all of us tonight for health. :-)

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read that the average of sugar consumption in Europe during Renaissance was 1 TEASPOON of sugar in a YEAR per person!!!!

So, definitively, men does not need added sugar at all!

I have no sugar cravings, on the opposite, now I feel really poisoned by eating sweet things.

Even if the sugar is organic and small amounts. I even prefer honey, somehow.

Surely, the cravings I had with lyme were for food and FATS. Like an above poster said, I also craved fats, eggs, butter, nuts during lyme. I do think they help detoxing.

Once your body gets used to no sugar, no additives, at least for me, I feel weird and bad when I start eat what others consider normal.

Anything like even sausages, tomato sauce, ready made sauces, soups, or anything ready made will probably have sugars.

Anything ending in -OSE is sugar. You got to read the labels.

Flavored yoghurts contain 1/4 of sugar to more, sometimes!! Many teaspoons of sugar in one little yoghurt cup!!!

Cat food, dog food, all sausages, ketchup, virtually all ready made products are loaded with sugar. If not all.

My rule of thumb is: buy the minimum ready made products.

No juices, not even natural ones without added sugar, unless you do freshly pressed at home and only one glass MAXIMUM at a time. Juices make the sugar peak in the blood go high too fast.

Stevia is not sugar, and natural leaves can give you the sugary taste, even if it tastes a bit funny at start.

Good luck for you all trying.

Sugar is so poisonous for the body, that more than a teaspoon of sugar in the blood can kill you. So the body that consumes sugar regularly overproduces insulin, so that it can get protected, before sugar is taken.

Once you stop on sugars and juices, your body gets used to digest carbs and other sugars slowly and at least for me, I rarely have tremors (unless I over do sports on empty stomach).

It was Dr. Mercola who said that hypoglycemia tremors come from regular sugar consumption and not the opposite.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Dr. Bronner's Magice All-Once Fresh Pressed virgin coconut oil. For me, just a little goes a long way. Start with a teaspoon in a cup of tea. Work your way up to a tablespoon. It really really kills cravings for carbs and sugar.

(Additionally, it makes a FABULOUS hair treatment. Just heat about 1/3rd cup to liquify, apply to dry unwashed hair, and let it sit about 20 minutes. Wash and condition as usual after. FANTASTIC!!)

http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/COCONUTOIL.htm

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Julie,

thanks for the recommendation....i think its too late for my hair though as i am fully bald:)

Dave

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement