LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Advanced Laboratory Services

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advanced Laboratory Services
lymelisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive been learning about Lyme Disease and Coinfections for several months now, and I know that ultimately it is a clinical diagnosis. I also know that sometimes it is the sickest of patients who show up the most negative on testing. However, I guess after 6 years of misdiagnosis, i just wanted something definitive to come up on Lyme testing. I did have one lyme specific band (91) and 2 indeterminate lyme specific bands (34, 39). However, I was hoping so much for my Advanced Laboratory Culture to come back positive, which it did not (found out today), even after the extended 2 month period. I am bedridden and so very ill (suffering 24/7) and even though it might not be rationale I wanted to see that culture come back positive. Have others done the culture or known others that have done it and it came back negative. Thanks!!
Posts: 138 | From Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KentuckyWoman
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KentuckyWoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymelisa

This happened to me too.. I chose the AdvLab test over the IgeneX at first bc it was the "newest" test. Mine came back negative also after the second wait period.

In the end, my newly acquired LLMD, went ahead and ordered the IGX anyway.

I say it's kindof like trying to catch a tadpole in the ocean with an eyedropper.

These spirochetes come into the blood system, but they wiggle their way into tissue and everything else it seems asap. So, taking a small vial of blood, even with the best of testing, is a gamble at times.

I had one lyme spec band on the WB test, and a low CD57 count, and everything practically on the Burr Guide. I knew I had lyme by the time I found the LLMD.

My IGX test proves I have it, but it is just "under the wire" for CDC approval as my LLMD put it.

I hope if you even suspect you have it, which is what it sounds like from your taking the AdvLab test at all, that you also have a real LLMD to help you treat.

I understand the bedridden 24/7 too. A good immuno-support regimen along with Lyme treatment I believe is so very important to help get you out of that bed.

We all understand and we are all very sympathetic, and we all are helping each other get well.. asap. [Smile]

Vit D3 (good quality--without inflammatory fillers) start with 20,000iu daily for about 3 months. (it won't hurt you)

Chelated Magnesium 500 mg/day
Epsom salt baths as often as possible. 2-3 cups Epsom per bath. 20-30 m with warm water. Dry brush body before getting it to stimulate circulation.
(if you are unstable on your feet and have dizzy issues, make sure someone is with you while bathing and getting in/out.)

Methyl B12 injections 3-7 x week
B1,B2,B6

These are good starters, but they will not result overnight. Gotta be on em a while for the body to respond.

If LLMD puts you on antibiotics, make sure you get a good probiotic complement too.

You are in for the longer haul than usual for example recovering from a cold. Most of us have the take a pill, get over it mentality, thanks to media, but Lyme will teach you patience and diligence. Embrace it. You WILL get better.

And we are all here to hold your hand and give needed hugs when necessary. [Smile] And information is plentiful. [Smile]

[group hug]

kw

--------------------
KentuckyWoman
tired of medical run-arounds

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ ~ Robert Frost

Posts: 221 | From Kentucky | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymelisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymelisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!!!!
Posts: 138 | From Connecticut | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement