LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » MMS bit of info from Dr. Myhill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MMS bit of info from Dr. Myhill
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was looking at Dr Myhill's page and there is a warning not to consume MMS:

These are Dr. Myhill's words:

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE - My mineral mix (MM) should NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) - a potentially dangerous product. Food Standards Agency has issued an urgent warning not to consume MMS."

http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Nutritional_Supplements_-_what_everybody_should_be_taking_all_the_time_even_if_nothing_is_wrong

[ 04-02-2013, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: lax mom ]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates/news/2012/jul/cdswarning

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure isn't for me. Been there, done that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

I'm not trying it, but I do respect Dr. Myhill's work.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isn't there a few on here trying it??

I thought I made a comment on a post related to MMS.

Lordy, what a fever can do to brain fog [shake]

Going back to look for it.

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/122980
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

I hope no one would take or not take a supplement based on what a nameless, faceless stranger recommends. Look at both sides, pros and cons and weigh the benefits and risks.

To Gigi(since you have no PM): I am just showing fellow lymenetters some info I found today while looking at Dr. Myhill's site concerning post-exertional fatigue (from a previous post).

[ 04-02-2013, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

lax mom
Member # 38743

I truly have no animosity toward MMS. I just choose not to put it in my body.

I was just giving my lymefriends some info I found today.

[ 04-02-2013, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: lax mom ]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
** Moderator's note - a rude comment and any reference to it was edited from this thread. It's fine to disagree, but please use common courtesy when you do. Disrespect is not tolerated. **

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I am taking it as an adjunct for parasites treatment (also taking Mimosa and DE). Seems to be working well. I stopped the last 4 days because I caught a virus from a coworker. She had it last week and shared it with me!

Not supposed to do MMS with Vit C and I needed massive Vit C for the virus.

I will get back on it probably this weekend.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt - I have a question... Do you think MMS gets rid of the good biofilm that you can have with good bacteria?

I know it's been said that it rids the body of biofilm. I'm wondering if it kills off the good bacteria? I don't see how it couldn't.

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot say if it gets rid of good bacteria. Great question and perhaps one to put on the MMS forum site. Since I really have to go after parasites right now I am will in to take the chance.

I am using a high end probiotic that I hope is helping but not really sure of that either.

Thanks, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is good that you are using a high end probiotic. I have heard that it is good to take it at night right before bed because that is when Candida become active.
Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattH,

If MMS is good enough to purify unclean water, wouldn't it kill the virus you got from a co-worker?

http://mms4life.wordpress.com/new-mms-and-swine-flu-by-j-humble/

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Hiker,

You are correct about the MMS, but I had a couple of other things going on and my practitioner wanted to limit some of what I was doing to see if we could isolate the source of one of my issues. I also had some blood in my urine and did not know if the MMS was causing that issue or irritation.

Also she thought the heavy doses of Vit C would be more overall beneficial than going with MMS. I felt so bad I did not want to argue. It appears the HCL I was taking may have been the source of the irritation, I do not see any blood at this time.

Also since I have two UVB/Ozone IV's this week and that goes after virus then I thought I could take an MMS break.

Thanks, MattH

hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattH,

No need to explain--I was not criticizing your treatment choices.

Was it the HCL activator ofr MMS that was causing your irritation?

Best wishes.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor is OK with MMS and i trust her!!!!
Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So are both of my docs. I saw one last week and my other one just today. Both are very much in favor of it. I will probably be starting it next month. In the meantime I want to read up all I can.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Hiker,

I do not mind explaining because others may run into a similar issue.

I took HCL because my blood test in Jan showed I was too alkaline. Also I still am working on a Candida issue. However my practitioner suspected that the HCL was causing some kidney irritation. I will go back for another round of blood tests in two weeks. In December my liver enzymes were up which is why I stopped the ABX and started working with the Dr K practitioner.

I told her about a California Dr that had some success in treating Lyme with UVB and that I found a much closer treatment place that I wanted to use. She said fine and I also told her about the MMS I was using.

So we had a lot going on and she wanted to eliminate some potential irritation sources. I had my 6th UVB/Ozone IV today and my virus is almost gone.

All the Best, MattH

birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLND also says MMS is good.
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement