LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Coffee Enema

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffee Enema
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you would have told me 5 years ago when i became real ill that i would no be so desperate i would do a coffee enema i would have laughed.

well there is a first for everything....and i have to say it was no miracle but i feel better today than yesterday.

Curious how often people of doing these?

Dave

--------------------
On my journey to wellness - One day at a time.

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do them every day. I've been preaching about them for the last several months because of the amazing benefits I get from them.

Stick with them. Trust me, you will come to love them. (Sounds funny, I know, but it's true:)

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did them every day when I was sick.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you Dave (lol)! I never in my life thought I'd be getting acupuncture, reiki, treating parasites, and doing coffee enemas! They are great for MCS.

Tammy, you must have it down, girl. They are fairly time consuming to me. I guess it just takes practice. I really should make my coffee the night before too. I do them once or twice a week.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I previously posted that I made the coffee the night before, but just recently I started to make the coffee the day of, instead of the night before. The more I thought about it, I realized I don't like the idea of the coffee sitting for many hours (in case something like mold could grow.) So what I do now is I fill my French press about a third of the way with the boiling hot water and coffee. Let it steep for a while (anywhere from 20 mins to an hour). Then when I'm ready to do the deed, I just add room temperature bottled water. And if needed, I'll sometimes add a little more hot water until I reach the right temperature.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveNJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay....good to know i'm not the only...i agree it was time consuming...did it last night and didn't really have much down time before bed.

i'll wait a couple of days before doing again.

or i could just go to starbucks and stand on my head....sorry couldn't help it.

Dave

--------------------

Posts: 989 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's a great idea Tammy! I'm so glad you posted this (my brain is gone due to dental work-lyme)!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Dave - once you get the hang of it, it is not time-consuming at all. It's actually become a quick and easy part of my morning routine.

My favorite time is in the morning (after I've already gone to the bathroom.)

My biggest tip is to get disposable latex-free enema bags. It makes it so much easier. I'm big on being environmentally conscious, but this is one area where I cut myself a break. If I had to clean the unit every day, I know I wouldn't keep up with the daily practice of it.

These are the bags I buy on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NWS2BM/ref=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Happy cleansing!

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

nynaturegirl - google 'Gerson therapy coffee enemas'. Lots of great sites will come up explaining the amazing benefits coffee enemas have to offer.

All of my Lyme Literate docs are in favor of this therapy. It has been an excellent therapy for me.

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

One of the benefits is that it stimulates your gallbladder and liver to produce new bile rather than just reclycling the old. Do read up on it, you will be impressed with the good benefits.

For me, I've had 2 big benefits personally. Number one, it has allowed me to handle heavy duty parasite prescriptions, and has been a tremendous help in allowing me to detox well enough to handle these treatments. Benefit number two is that when I do the enemas daily, I keep expelling parasites in the toilet the following morning (sorry, I know this is gross, but you asked....). If I don't do the enema, they don't come out the next morning.

So since I am heavy duty into treating for parasites (something I strongly recommend for all of us), I will continue with these coffee enemas because they have proven to be one of my greatest tools.

No, drinking coffee does not give any of these great benefits.

Dr. Gerson became famous for his use of coffee enemas and his ability to cure cancer.....with the enemas being part of his daily protocol.

Catgirl
Member # 31149

It's great for yeast (kills it). It's also great for MCS (removes toxins). I feel better immediately.

I love the inexpensive one that Walgreens carries (the latex free red one). It has big tubing and is easy to clean (takes me 5 minutes to clean it and the tubing). When I'm done I just rinse it out and drop it in a bucket with some soapy dishwater and a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide, rinse, and hang dry over our shower nozzle.

nynaturegirl, more info here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/123126?#000000

--------------------

DaveNJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17362

i only did it once and i have to say it did what was advertised...my liver dumped a lot of bile and i felt less toxic....for now i will only do it a few times a week.

Dave

--------------------

daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would coffee enemas be good for diverticulitis too?

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Nynaturegirl, multiple chemical sensitivity.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

http://www.multiplechemicalsensitivity.org/

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/multiple-chemical-sensitivity

--------------------

paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Multiple chemical sensitivity is a severe intolerance to all kinds of chemicals in the environment. Common with Lyme. Persons usually have an extremely sensitive sense of smell which will trigger attacks.

Probably the most extreme case I know was a person who could not use the bathroom facilities at work if even the slightest traces of cleaning products were present in the air. This person was reduced to using a cat litter box in their office.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulieinct
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulieinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nynaturegirl:
you know someone who actually uses a litter box?

The person did at the place I used to work at.

--------------------
Sick since at least age 6, now 67. Decades of misdiagnosis. Numerous arthritic, neuro, psych, vision, cardiac symptoms. Been treating for 7 years, incl 8 mos on IV. Bart was missed so now treating that.

Posts: 765 | From nw ct | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can train your employees to miaow when using them.

Oh dear, I can relate - that was me before I started FIR detoxing. I had to hold my breath in any rooms that had cleaning smells in them.

Sooooo, for anyone who's wondering how to get rid of severe MCS, I gotta report that far infrared detoxing is working.

After 6 months detoxing weekly on a biomat, I could handle smells again, and now I'm sweating out the toxins in a portable sauna tent every five days and gradually losing sensitivity to touching materials.

Some people have good detox ability genetically and some don't. I did the detoxigenomic liver bloodtest through Genova Labs in NC. That test tests for 8 liver detox drains in Phase I and 4 major drains in Phase II.

Phase I is like the bathtub filling up and Phase II is like the bathtub draining. My testing showed that a couple pathways in Phase I react too quickly, and that I was genetically flunking two major Phase II detox drains, which explains why I cannot handle any treatments that require them to function.

That's why, at support groups too, you will see people reporting back that they can handle any treatment they try, and then others saying they cannot.

So that concept needs to enter into the discussion too, the genetic differences we all have in our ability to detox.

Loved the comment above about standing on one's head at Starbucks!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thewino
Member # 39086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thewino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DaveNJ:
if you would have told me 5 years ago when i became real ill that i would no be so desperate i would do a coffee enema i would have laughed.

well there is a first for everything....and i have to say it was no miracle but i feel better today than yesterday.

Curious how often people of doing these?

Dave
[/QUOTE

Edited because I'm not a computer person and I didn't add my remark!

Dave:

Please don't be distressed. Personally, I could have written that post myself. My wife is very, very surprised that I have taken this route (pun intended). i have always lived with the life guideline, 'Exit Only', and it has served me well. This is extremely shocking to my wife.

I had a really hard time trying to figure out the flow rate, how much coffee to use, why I couldn't hold the coffee very long, etc...but I'm starting to get to get my MO down.

Thank you to the poster who provided the link for the disposables. This sure makes life easier.

Good health to all.

Thewino

--------------------
Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been --J. Buffett

All of my replies should not be taken as medical advice as they are my opinions only and I am not a physician.

Posts: 55 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shoot - I was just getting used to the idea.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement