LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is this Lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this Lyme?
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holly Beth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 days ago my 11 month old son was grabbing our couch and walking. He was laughing,giggling, etc. and all of a sudden his eyes started to close and he would shake his head to come out of it.

This happen about 4-5 times and then it stopped.I tought it was weird but then I figured maybe he was tired or something.

Yesterday he woke up from a nap and I was feeding him in the high chair and his eyes started closing again and he wouldshake his head to try to get out of it.This happened again about 5 times.

These episodes only last a second. Oneof them probably lasted 2-3 seconds which felt like a long time at the moment and I panicked, called his name and held his hand. He came out of it ad then was fine the rest of the night.

I am worried about Lyme. Anyone know of this happening? I was thinking they could be mini seizures? I hope not. I called my sons Dr. He was out of office butwill be back today.

My sons Dr is good but not Lyme literate. He would not do a lyme test on me, he referred me to Rheumatology and didnt want to talk about Lyme.

This Dr also told ne that Lyme is not transferred throughbreast milk which I dont believe. Like I said he is a great,smart dr but avoids Lyme.

I am sooo scared and been crying and cant sleep. I dont know what to think.I called my LLMD but didnt hear back yet, he is 3 1/2 hrs away:( Anyone have any advise?

Posts: 84 | From way over the rainbow | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holly Beth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry about all typing ad spelling errors tired and accidentally sent that without checking it.
Posts: 84 | From way over the rainbow | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please get him checked for seizures-

I am not saying that is what is happening, obviously I am just some lady on the Internet,

but for peace of mind, and if there is a chance it is mini seizures, you want him to get help ASAP.

I'd get him in, even if that means walking into ER, where they can do appropriate testing.

Personally, I would not mention Lyme in the ER.
I would, however, not allow ANY vaccines at this point until

you know what is going on-

Just my opinion - sending you positive thoughts----

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with Surprise. You always need to check these things out. My DD has had symptoms before that we thought were Lyme related when they were actually something else.

As far as lyme being transmitted through breast milk, I think that is something you should talk with your LLMD about.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

Thanks- still waiting for dr to call back...been waiting all day.It is such a slow process around here to get in to anyone.

I called them back again and left a message.I dont think they would do much in the ER where I live. It's a small hospital and I would have to probably be transferred to a Center for further testing like an MRI, EEG.

I will need my dr referral toget appt. What a slow and frustrating process.

OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holly, bartonella can also cause seizures if that is truly what he has. Let's hope this is just a stage he is going through and not something else.
It does sound like he needs blood work eventually, if just to give you peace of mind that he does not have this and co-infections.

Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

My dr office just called and told me he needs to be seen. They scheduled an appt for monday.

They also said that they are not concerned about Lyme disease because it cannot be transferred in utero or breast milk.

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, but they truly don't know what they are talking about concerning Lyme. It CAN and DOES get transmitted in utero.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

ya, try to get anyone in this area to believe it. No dr's around here acknowledge Lyme. It tok me 4 yrs to get diagnosed and i had to leave area to get tested.
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

Talked to 2 drs today. My LLMD thinks it very well could be Lyme and wants to treat him with Augmentin. My sons dr says it is not Lyme.

He had this episode 2 more times today.

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Again, it could be something besides Lyme. I had rather be safe and get it checked out just in case it's not Lyme.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get an MRI to be safe.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if it is Lyme, you do not want the baby/ almost toddler having seizures-

and I'm sorry, but that is what it sounds like-

You can't go into an ER and get an EEG test?

I'm really not trying to freak you out.

If it were me, I would be a mama warrior and demand it, now.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

The ER here will not do an eeg. i will have to get a referral and go to a Center.Dr is going to see him monday.

My LLMD said it sounds like clonic movements probably from Lyme.I'm going to get him tested.I'm going to ask for eeg and Lyme testing.

Been a rough couple days in this household:(

dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
follow the LLMD, it won't hurt to put him on Augmentin, I'm sure of that
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holly Beth
Member # 39193

How long would a baby be on Augmentin? I'm kinda scared because he is so little yet. I know he will be okay.

I'm going to follow what my baby dr says and rule out other things, get him tested and treat him for Lyme.

Cover all my bases. Thanks everyone!!

surprise
Member # 34987

I would think Amoxicillin would be a better antibiotic...

--------------------
doing okay!

Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this is seizure activity, it may be a symptom of low magnesium.

Foods high in magnesium:
Almond butter
Dark chocolate
Beans, kidney beans, black beans, baked beans, bean soup, bean burritoes.

This mother figured out how to help her son, who had several symptoms of magnesium deficiency.
Facial and Eye Tics in Children:
The Links to Magnesium Deficiency
http://www.ctds.info/tics.html

Natural Vitality, Kids Natural Calm Multi, Fruity Splash Flavor, 30 fl oz
http://www.iherb.com/Peter-Gillham-s-Natural-Vitality-Kids-Natural-Calm-Multi-Fruity-Splash-Flavor-30-fl-oz-887-ml/22855

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

The reason I am suggesting not giving Augmentin to a child
< 1 year, is that there are reports of autism perhaps being

another trigger: Quote following:

'Augmentin courses administered under the age of one year. A proposed mechanism whereby the production of clavulanate may yield high levels of urea/ammonia in the child is presented. Further an examination of this mechanism needs to be undertaken to determine if a subset of children are at risk for neurotoxicity from the use of clavulanic acid in pharmaceutical preparations.'

And if there are seizures present, that may be another thing to be very cautious about-

which was why I also mentioned haulting any further vaccines for the time being-

I worked years with my own daughter healing autism- bio- medical treatments-

I am a positive, non- confrontational person, but feel like I needed to say these things--

God bless-- your boy is still very young, and having an aware loving mother is a gift.

--------------------
doing okay!

Holly Beth
Member # 39193

thanks everyone! i'm going to have him tested.I'm going to hold on Augmentin for a few days until I see the other Dr to see what he says.

I am so scared for him. ijust hope and pray for him to have a normal happy life. I cant believe the dr wants to wait to monday.

The dr will probably refer him out of town.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement