LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Horrible Neck Pain, Please help!!! This is terrible.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Horrible Neck Pain, Please help!!! This is terrible.
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been having neck pain going on about 5 weeks. It started minimally and now is ridiculous. I thought maybe it was from the Malarone, so I am taking a few days off. At first i thought it was letting up but it is not.

I am detoxing with Pekana herbals, lemon water and Welchol.

I do not have a fever. I am also experiencing alot of right side flank/upper back pain. In the lowest rib on my side.

My LLMD thinks it is Bart flaring. So far I have been diagnosed with Lyme, Babs, Proto. And now maybe Bart.

I have been taking muscle relaxers, anti-inflamatories and no relief. My chiropractor has done adjustments and electric stimulation.

I have been getting massages.

The only thing that helps is my narcotic pain reliever. I don't have many left and no prescription for a refill.

What should i do? Is this normal that nothing relieves the pain?

I had an MRI/MRV/MRA done in Dec. 2012 and everything was fine in my neck and head...

Anyone have any experience with this type of pain and getting no relief?

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didogs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for didogs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Winni
Sorry you are in pain. I get neck pain when I am herxing from bart. I get some relief from ice packs on my neck. Mine usually starts at neck then goes into full head pressure. It is an awful symptom. Ice packs do help take the edge off temporarily.

Hope you get some relief

Posts: 238 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you describe your neck pain (stabbing, dull ache, stiff neck, etc)?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My neck is overall very tight, almost like with rock hard muscles and is painful to turn side to side or look up. On the sides of my neck it is a dull ache all the time and I think I is where the C2 is at it feel swollen to the right of it.

I was stretching the other day to try to alleviate some of the discomfort and must have irritated a muscle or a nerve even more because all of a sudden I had intense pau. Shoot down into my shoulder and had a hard time straightening out again.

Currently dull pain from base of skull to tops of shoulder bones. Random stabbing on certain movements and pain wrapping around the sides of neck.

--------------------
Winni

Posts: 150 | From Nebraska | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Venex has helped me a lot with my neck pain.
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

I just googled Venex, I had not heard of this before. I currently take Effexor XR and it seems to be the same med??? Glad this helped you. Not so much for me.

--------------------
Winni

birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they are the same. Venex is a anti inflammatory bee venom ointment that you apply to sore areas.

You can do a search on here and find out more about it. It has helped others too.

I apply a small amount on the back of my neck in the morning and rub it in. There is slight tingling when applied and then great relief for me.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have severe neck pain like this from Babs. Getting properly treated for it helps.

In the meantime, I like to heat up a "Bed Buddy" in the microwave and wrap it around my neck. You can see this at http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/bed-buddy-deep-soothing-hot-and-cold-pack/ID=prod16156-product Many drugstores carry this.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OtterJ
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OtterJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this with Bart and my head felt like it weighed 100 pounds, so my neck ached. I used A-Bart

drops to treat the Bart and eventually it got better. I'd wake up with my hands wrapped around my

face or holding my neck, so even if I wasn't conscious to the fact that something was going on,

my body was.

Posts: 482 | From Oregon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Birdie~ thank you I am looking up the Venex now. Sorry I didn't research enough. Thank you for the tip, maybe it will help me too.

--------------------
Winni

Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Sammi~ thank you for the link. I actually have one of these bed buddies. They are fantastic. I use mine for cold as i have a small moist heat heating pad that i use for the warm therapy.

Thanks again, [Smile]

--------------------
Winni

jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too have severe neck pain, on the left side, extremely tight muscles. Dr prescribed Physical Therapy and Massage. Went to PT for the first time Thurs - it really relieved the pain . . . until the next evening. It's back again.

I have PT twice a week so hopefully it will help.

I also gain relief using hot rice packs on my neck and shoulder.

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

Jjourneys, I am going to see my family doctor this week and will ask him about therapy. I think this is a good idea, hope you continue to get relief. Hugs.

--------------------
Winni

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, what was really interesting to me a couple weeks ago - I tried taking some Natural Calm magnesium powder, and got all excited because my neck muscles went completely limp, for the first time ever!

Pointing to a lack of magnesium!

But then I started getting sick from taking magnesium - like headached, and had to stop. My goal would be to find out if I can take any other kind of it.

The other thing I do for it is chiropractic care, which relieves it temporarily. I feel better briefly, but I'm seeing it doesn't hold.

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a horrible recurring symptom for me too, but in my first few months on Cowden, I noticed that it was greatly eased.

However, still on Cowden, I have recently rotated from Samento and Banderol as the main antimicrobials to Samento, Mora and Cumanda and the bad neck pain has returned. I am pretty sure that the Cumanda is provoking this, as I am not tolerating it well in other respects, even at half dosage.

I agree that flexible heating pads can give a little comfort, as can massage with essential oils, but only very slightly and temporarily! Chiropractic adjustments did not really ease it. Sorry I can't come up with a solution and hope your pain eases soon.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Winni,

I haven't read everyone's replies.... but I wanted to suggest oil pulling. I find that most things from the neck up are relieved by oil pulling. (Check out oilpulling.com for info on this great therapy).

Bee venom oinment may help. Also ozonated olive oil.

Another thought I just remembered.....my mother has degenerative disc disease in the neck with terrible pain. She started walking a mile or two (almost daily) a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised to see her neck pain is totally gone. It makes sense....once we get things flowing, so many things get better.

Hope it passes soon for you.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winni
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36772

TammyN~ Thank you for the suggestion. I have no idea what oil pulling is and will check this out. And i am struggling to get myself back to the gym. I think I am getting depressed and have been in hiding.

I know the exercise will help this too. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Hugs.

--------------------
Winni

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement