LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » OK..Tick vaccine????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK..Tick vaccine????
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 11 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daughter knows someone her age who travels around world and teaches.

This woman has kids
I was just chatting with my kid she mentioned this friend who was just talking and says "have to go now, got to get our Tick shots," very lightly .."she said company she works for suggest these for their employees when they go to this other country.

SO.that's all my daughter knew. I asked for more info , can she call friend, what company any thing..what country....said wouldn't bug friend ,but would ask simple one or two questions.

This is something done routinely done in this country..

ANYBODY know where etc...

I asked her to get as much info and she said she wouldn't "BUG" this friend.
Just simple question....

My only child (same) was on a plane to Colo. Jan.
Sat next to a mircrobiologist ,mentioned LD and me. He just said it's a very hard infection to fight.

She left it at that.

This man could have known more,had a contact to a persont who did or whatever and she didn't
ask anything.

I'm like that's the only way I found out anything and not gone like your uncle.

By asking , searching etc

Does anybody have a clue?

She ,of course, won't let me even ask this person anything.

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure hope it's not the old Lymerix vaccine that injured so many here in the US and GAVE THEM LYME!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. B says no such vaccine would ever work and never to do one.

My doc said her husband had Lyme and went downhill after the last vaccine, then died shortly thereafter.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoops123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tammy

Thanks for the inspiration. I also had that dreaded vaccine. Maybe I should go see your doc ... I know who it is.

Posts: 749 | From State full of ticks | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord ,this is when cut and paste would help...

Daughter just sent links of information.
It is Slovakia the other woman is going to.
It's a tick shot,but not lyme???how does that work?

Like the commercials we see for dogs???/

Why would there be something that protects them.not us?

She listed link to "traveldoctor info for

Slovakia"

then a couple of sites for several vaccines throughout Europe and former Soviet...Different ones in certain areas.

I'm so sorry...these links and names are right on her e-mail and I just don't know how to save,and attach or whatever....

It's a problem that drives my kid nuts

' [bonk] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have someone sit down with you and show you how to cut and paste. It's essential to living in the computer world these days!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Found it:

http://www.traveldoctor.info/vaccinations/slovakia.20.html

Tickborne encephalitis

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Richard1062
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1062     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So it's for a virus, not a bacteria, according to this site. Area of infection is only across eastern Europe, according to the map. Who knows?
Posts: 228 | From Mass. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the info. for the recommended vaccines, which include a tick vaccine, but not for Lyme: http://www.traveldoctor.info/vaccinations/slovakia.20.html

Here's are 2 articles with info. on the disease (Tickborne encephalitis) and some of the vaccine manufacturers:

http://www.nathnac.org/pro/factsheets/tick_borne.htm

http://www.who.int/immunization/sage/6_TBE_backgr_18_Mar_net_apr_2011.pdf

For TBE, licensed vaccines include an Austrian vaccine (FSME�

Immun� also known as TicoVac� in all Baltic and Scandinavian

countries; Baxter) and a German vaccine (Encepur�; Novartis

Vaccines), and which available throughout Europe.

Other licensed vaccines not available in Europe include

two Russian vaccines, TBE-Moscow� (available in Russia,

Kazakhstan and Ukraine) and EnceVi� (Russia only).

Lymetoo
Member # 743

You learned how to cut and paste??? EUREKA and congratulations!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

trimom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trimom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My PT that knows a lot about Lyme and has family that has Lyme, says the clinic across the street has a Lyme vaccine they give to folks that have never been exposed. This is in MA.

He didn't know the name of the vaccine or more info. on it. It puzzled me.

Posts: 120 | From MA | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do not get the Lyme vaccine (is there one??)!! It will give you Lyme that is intractable!!!

[Eek!]

[ 04-26-2013, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nonna, tick-borne encephalitis kills a lot of people in the area of the world where your daughter lives. So, that is why the traveling friend has to worry about it.

In the U.S., this illness is not a problem.

So, don't think that other countries have some treatment or preventative that we don't have over here. We have the best lyme treatment in the world, from all those that I have talked to in many other countries. That's why people came from all over the world to see Dr. Burrascano and they are now coming from all over to see Dr. H in NY.

I doubt your daughter will ever run into anyone who knows something relevant to your case that you won't find out on LymeNet.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement