LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Could I have Babesia or Toxoplasmosis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I have Babesia or Toxoplasmosis
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been off antibiotics for 7 months now. Yeah for that. Pain is definitely gone. Fatigue is way better than it was a few years ago. So I feel like the Lyme is gone and so does my doctor.

However, not to discourage others, because I have come a very long way; but I still get fatigued easily and I can't seem to shake the anxiety that I have suffered with for several years.

Some of my symptoms could be menopausal, which makes it difficult to know what is what.

My Lyme doctor sent me home with a lab request, just in case I relapsed, to get tested for Babesia and Toxoplasmosis. I wouldn't say I have relapsed; I just don't feel like I thought I would after 7 months off antibiotics.

What do you guys think? I know it takes a long time to recuperate from so many years of illness.

I don't have classic symptoms of Babesia, like air hunger or night sweats; but I do have weird anxiety, mild headaches, burning eyes, feeling like I'm coming down with something, but never do, asthma and fatigue. Is this just allegies, menopause, recuperating from long term illness?

Should I give it some more time? I guess a part of me doesn't want to get those test run, because I have been trying to leave Lyme behind and move forward in my life.

Also I sent my Lyme doctor a letter about a month ago thanking them for giving me my life back and telling them how I was trying to stay positive and move forward. I hate to seem like a nut and call them back and say I decided to get those test run.

I don't even know how accurate those test are. So if they came back negative would I still wonder. What should I do......Try to just keep moving forward and see how it goes; or get the test run and fall back into the life of Lyme?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks bunches!

SG

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would check into Mycoplasma
Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't all the antibiotics I took for 4 and 1/2 years have gotten rid of Mycoplasma?
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently not. Google mycoplasma fermentans or Mycoplasma haemofeelis
Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been tested to see if you can detox mold? HLA DR from Labcorp? I think mold is a big player for a lot of people, it is for me.
Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you SURE it's not yeast?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treating parasites before you attempt anything else is probably the most important.

There are a hundred and more different mycoplasms and as long as you have not addressed parasites and taken abx for that many years that would probably be the most important because they cause symptoms exactly as you describe. If you do some googling, you will find some more explanations.

There are many discussions on the internet and here about the problems parasites and the toxic metals cause, and in order to really get well, it is important to reduce that load.

If you have done abx for years, it is a given that fungi/yeast is a problem, but that cannot be treated successfully unless you treat parasites and reduce any toxic heavy metal load.

All the best.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Lymetoo, I guess yeast could be an issue for me. I need to find a better probiotic. Mine hurts my stomach. I am eating yogurt everyday right now with no probiotic. I don't eat a lot of sugar.

I have been off all my supplements for almost a year and a half because I was on Coumadin. But I just got off Coumadin and am gradually starting all my supplements back. I'm hoping that my supps will give me a little more energy, boost my immune system, and give my body what it has done without for so long. Maybe that will bring on a change.

I truly do not want to go back to the lyme world. But then again, I'm not sure that you can ever be completely rid of it.

I hate to complain because I am thankful for how far I have come. Just being pain free is such a blessing.

As far as the mycoplasma issue, well I took Doxycycline for at least 2 years straight. If that didn't kill it, then it just can't be killed. That is what is recommended by the doctor that did all the studies on it. The symptoms definitely fit, but they could also fit any number of things.

My lyme doctor did not ever mention mycoplasma. He did however say that if I relapsed to get tested for Babesia and Toxoplasmosis. I haven't really relapsed. Just have not really moved forward like I thought I would. Having a blood clot sort of was a set back in my opinion.

I think I will see how things go the next couple of months. I feel dizzy a lot and think it is related to either anxiety or menopause. But who knows. It could be my psych meds or lyme related.

It is so hard to determine what is what with these symptoms. I think that over time I have learned how to live with symptoms that a normal person would have issues with. I think we all do, and then we don't know when its a problem and when its not.

I'm glad you all are still here to offer support. And I hope that others aren't discouraged by this post; because things have gotten a lot better for me over the years. I know a lot of people that say they are 100% better; so never give up on that.

SG

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only problem is that the babesia test may come back negative and you could still have it.

Regarding yogurt.. I always found it counterproductive. It contained more sugar than it should so it just created more yeast for me.

This is what I use:

http://www.customprobiotics.com/custom-probiotics-adult-formula-cp-1.htm

dairy free, high CFU count.. great value

-

Candida Diet and Elimination:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/021412.html

Another Candida Diet list:
http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoavoid.htm

Symptoms of Candida:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/104816?#000000

Systemic Yeast and its Importance in Remission:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104860#000000

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like bart to me, did you treat that?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

I think I took care of bart. My shins don't hurt at all anymore, which seems to be a main symptom of bart.

Its so weird. The last couple of nights I slept better than usual and I feel really good today. Its kind of a back and forth thing with me. Maybe its just anxiety or menopause or both.

Its just so hard to know where lyme and other tick borne illnesses ends and other things start.

One thing I have is burning and watery eyes. Especially my left eye. Of course that could be its own separate issue. I probably need to go to the eye doctor.

beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allergies? They can get worse with the onset of menopause. My eyes burn and water. It also causes major fatigue for me

Funny thing was when I was really sick from Lyme my allergies were fine- probably because my immune system wasn't strong enough to react to my allergy triggers!

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would bet Babesia. I have a lot of your same stuff. You can try to ignore it, but unfortunately, it does not ignore us.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, well, there you go, SG, you've received 6-8 different answers! Honestly? It sounds as if you have a lot of left over symptoms and SOMETHING is likely going on.

Take your pick!
I have the red, burning eyes, left eye worse. adult onset asthma, etc. dizziness, headaches, and more. I've yet to figure out what it all means. And what causes it....based on your reported sx. my first guess would have been mycoplasma as well....

very difficult to eradicate, they are such small bacteria. but it could also be, babesia, bartonella, yeast, parasites, allergies, mold, methylation, or all of the above!!

Is anything ever clear cut and treatment methodical with these illnesses? Not for me, not for many ppl that I know. sigh.

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement