LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » CANDIDA AND CANCER .. Connection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CANDIDA AND CANCER .. Connection?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard Doug Kaufman in person (see link) this weekend. His talk was amazing. If I can get past the pain, I will type up my notes and share them here.

This is so important for everyone on this board. You cannot get over Lyme without beating the candida. Taking long term antibiotics WILL GIVE YOU candida.

Some of the things I learned about Candida/yeast will blow your minds. There is a lot of talk about mycotoxins here, but most are not getting the connection with mycotoxins and YEAST.

Please take a few minutes to read this!

http://cancercompassalternateroute.com/diet/candida-and-cancer/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the saliva self test is quite accurate.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for sharing!
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOTES...

Doug Kaufman talk in Missouri, May 18, 2013

Fungus lacks chlorophyll. Survives by eating dead or decaying cells. Can parasitize humans. Fungi and human cells together . . The fungi begins taking charge. Fungi produce MYCOTOXINS. Candida albicans produces the toxin gliotoxin.

Aspergillus and penicillin also make gliotoxin. Mycotoxins can produce illness and death. They are also immuno-suppressive. They are heat stable. THEY SURVIVE THE AUTO-CLAVE! Doug refuses to get a colonoscopy due to that reason. Fungi cause cancer. Antibiotics are mycotoxins. All cancers are thought to be caused by genetic mutations. (fungi can cause mutations)

The science of genetics was created to make new drugs. Uric acid is a mycotoxin and mycotoxins cause genetic damage. Ascospore sacs (ascomycete) formed by the fungal and human cell merging. It's a hybrid. Gene fusion causes a hybrid gene. Could this be cancer? (Milton White, MD)

Cancer is a hybrid. Forget the mammograms! Avoid the radiation. Human and fungal DNA fuses to create cancer. Mycotoxin-induced cancer.

Exposure to fungus:

1. Through the skin
2. Inhalation
3. Diet
4. Medications

Sporothrix schencki grows on thorns of rose bushes. Can infect lungs, joints, bones or brain. (sporotrichosis)

Corn, peanuts, and cotton seriously full of aspergillus -- carcinogen. Avoid moldy tampons!! Women have been known to find tampons full of mold. (cotton is full of mold) They are terribly contaminated with aspergillus and mycotoxins.

Alcoholism is caused by yeast in the gut. Diet high in what feeds yeast/fungus causes cravings for alcohol. American grain supply is contaminated with mycotoxins. Butter is anti-fungal. Greens offset the damage of grains. Zearalenone and ochratoxin, aflatoxin in grains. Brewer's yeast is a fungus.

Beta-glucan .. Good for you.

Fungal prostatitis elevates PSA levels. Use Nizoral to lower PSA!! The PSA test determines the presence of 5 molds. It is not even an accurate cancer test. PSA is 3.8% accurate! The inventor of the PSA test is about to blow the whistle on this test being used for cancer. (not designed for that!) Richard Albin was the inventor of the test. Look for new tests to be coming out in the near future!

--

to be continued

--

[ 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once one is off abx and then treats for candida, can one return to eating like they used to.

I doubt I will ever return to a lot of foods, but I really miss fruit and the occasional desert.

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I did to some extent, but it ran me into trouble. I did plenty of cheating and I wasn't careful enough. So BE CAREFUL! Keep it under control DURING Lyme treatment.

Be sure to take probiotics for life (like everyone in the world should.)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't believe there is a connection between candida and all cancer.

H. pylori is bacteria and linked to stomach cancer.

Edited this because brain not firing on all cylinders earlier.

But, also, we do not know all the ways that environmental effects can cause epigenetic changes that might be linked to cancer.

[ 05-19-2013, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: poppy ]

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

h.pylori is cancer???

Perhaps no connection to a brain cancer or melanoma.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard various theories on what type of infections can cause cancer. IMHO, ANY infection can cause cancer if the circumstances are right for that to happen (i.e., body ecology/pH/etc.).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Doug Kaufman said a woman who had gone through chemotherapy told him that the nurses would bring them Twinkies and cokes during the treatment. (not always, I'm sure)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Perhaps this should have its own thread, but here is some info on GENETICS versus ENVIRONMENT when it comes to breast cancer. (with implications for all cancers)

http://www.naturalnews.com/040394_BRCA1_breast_cancer_gene_mutations.html#ixzz2Tm7eiA3w

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

PART II

--

Transplant rejection drugs are mycotoxins. Penicillin is a mycotoxin. Fungal Bionics .. book.
http://www.fungalbionicbookseries.com/fungi-my.htm

Tobacco leaves are dipped in a sugar solution. That is what causes cancer. Roll your own tobacco!

Fungal sacs do not need oxygen. Histoplasmosis coexists with many cancers.

The doctor will say it's leukemia, but is it? "High carbohydate diet increases risk of breast cancer." -- International Journal of Cancer -- 2009

Anti-fungals can stop matastasis. Stops the growth of new blood cells. --Johns Hopkins Med. School 2007

Sea Gate brand shark cartilage

Sporanox helps advanced prostate cancer. Fungi can cause a number of life-threatening diseases. Calcium channel blocker drugs are anti-fungal. So is tomoxifen, SSRI's, Gout meds. Psyllium is anti-fungal. Spices, zinc, garlic, cinnamon, lemon oil, probiotics, fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins and minerals.

Biblical references to yeast: I Corinthians 5:6-8, Leviticus (32 references), Galatians 5:9

Mice do not get diabetes. We inject mold into mice to give them diabetes. Type II diabetes is something we can induce. Can we induce Type I?? Can we change that genetic cause? Fungus can imitate diabetes. Skews the tests.

Thyroid problems -- Try the Phase I diet!

Hearing loss -- yeast puts pressure on the eardrum. Acoustic neurona.

www.knowthecause.com

Books by Doug Kaufman:

https://knowthecause.gostorego.com/index.php/

[ 01-11-2014, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very interesting. I'm on strong abx, and unfortunately I cheat/binge on sweets from time to time. News like this will keep me in line.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope it motivates many here! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great link Lymetoo. :)

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When the immune system is involved with cancer,
Yeast (Candida)becomes secondary to this .
It is a result ,not a cause.

This is what happened to me ; Although thrush was a symptom prior to cancer being diagnosed it cleared after the cancer was cured.
With lyme involved with the immune system, yeast will resolve after clearance of the bacterial infection.

Everyone has candida , It's when the immune system is compromised that candida takes hold.

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I say it's a result in MANY cases. I wish I could have written down all the medical references he had in a power point presentation. I just couldn't write that fast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for taking the notes too! [Smile]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The points made in the natural news link you posted confirm what has been said about cancer of many kinds: Genetics loads the gun, environment pulls the trigger. Having a certain gene mutation can make a person more susceptible to adverse environmental effects.

The question in my mind is how much of the epigenetic effects from those environmental things can then be reversed. One very smart researcher found a drug that would do this, only to find out in clinical trials that the drug affected other areas adversely. So, it is going to be more complicated.

And I am suspicious of anyone who claims diet and supplements can cure cancers. It is not that simple.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I think his point is more about PREVENTION, not cure. AND .. he believes that many tests for cancer are invalid. How many times have you heard someone say they were told they had cancer, treated for it and found out later they didn't really have it? (read my notes about the PSA!)

He does not claim his diet cures anything. But going on the diet could prevent cancer and improve your chances of a cure if you do get it.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Doc Dave has it more accurate; I forgot to mention the effect Candida has by blocking certain components of the immune system thereby preventing successful Lyme treatment.

See his post here on the forum, It's the most informative I've ever seen on Candida
(stymielymie )

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Here is Doc Dave's link:

Systemic Yeast and its Importance in Remission:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/104860#000000

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colloidal silver will get rid of bloodborne candida and I have the blood work to prove it.

heres what it looks like in the blood and lyme loves to get into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77JTt3w4paI

I use something else to treat the candida in the gut but Im not allowed to talk about it here on this forum.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking forward to doing this saliva test tomorrow morning.
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

If you have a serious problem, go with the Body Ecology Diet. It's way more strict and WAY more effective than Doug Kaufman's plan.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...

But there's a way:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24060867

Our "Good guys" (destroyed by abx.) are needed to make vitamin K too...

Look very closely at K2, not vitamin K alone, or K1, but K2 and how it keeps our arteries healthy and our bones strong.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't do the test right.

I have to try it again tomorrow.

Way too much spit.

And I thought the test was for three minutes...not an hour...so I dumped it after three minutes.

Geesh. [bonk]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You should be able to tell somewhat within a few minutes.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

GretaM
Member # 40917

Well it's hard to say.

It was about a teaspoon of spit. So as soon as I spit, most of it sank, some of it stayed on the top.

There was just one straight line from the sunken piece to the floating piece.

After a few minutes, the floating piece moved to the side of the glass-the string broke.

There was just the bottom sunken bit and the floating bit after a while.

No strings coming from either or floaty bits or cloudiness.

But I think there was too much spit to start with. I saved up quite a bit.

Yuck! Sorry for the details!

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

Aspergillus and penicillin also make gliotoxin. Mycotoxins can produce illness and death. They are also immuno-suppressive. They are heat stable. THEY SURVIVE THE AUTO-CLAVE! Doug refuses to get a colonoscopy due to that reason. Fungi cause cancer. Antibiotics are mycotoxins. All cancers are thought to be caused by genetic mutations. (fungi can cause mutations)
--

I don't understand what his reason is for avoiding colonoscopy.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, mycotoxins can cause illness and death as well as depression.. and depression leads to other problems.
Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, I've always had it in the back of my mind since I started my education on this mess.

I've often felt cancer was many times something that the lab/doctors/tests showed shouldn't be in that place in the body.

Yes, I myself had a spot on one of my breasts years ago on mammogram. Scary days. I went back so they could twist, turn, squeeze that breast from everyway they could to get a better picture of that site.

I knew it was ok. I actually felt they had found a colony of parasites? A colony of some bacteria, a mass of bio-films, whatever you want to call them.

A endro also found a spot on my thyroid during ultra sound. She said it's not cancer, that I can tell. She measured it and told me to have it measured again to make sure it's not growing.

That test was done 3 weeks ago and I need to see my PCP to compare the 2. Again I feel that was just another group of bad guys.

My thyroid is dead. Has no blood flow to it. So if I was a smart bacteria, it would be a great hiding place. No oxegen, safe and sound environment for them.

As far as candida and yeast....6 mths ago when I started Berberine I experienced a major herx, healing crises for 3 weeks after I started low dosages of Berberine.

I truly felt due to symtpoms that it was a major die of of candida/yeast.

I would bet the house if I was to have a major scan/picture of my entire body, head everything....that there would be many more clusters of unknowns in my scan.

If we find out that cancer is sometimes something other than what the AMA, NIH, our gov has been telling us for 60++ years.

This is going to be a medical establishment vs patients WAR. Cancer tx is deadly. Some folks are blessed to survive what they do to them.

TG so many survivie. But in my personal experience if I was to find out my 42 yr old BIL, MIL, FIL died withing 5 yrs of each other due to
STUPIDTIY!!!!!

All 3 of them had major dental issues prior to finding cancer in them. I don't believe in coincidences.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelTampa:
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:

--

I don't understand what his reason is for avoiding colonoscopy.
-
Because if someone before you has/had a Candida or fungal infection it will spread to YOU. "Survive the auto-clave" means the instruments are not sterilized. Can you imagine the implications of that?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I agree, Pam. There's a lot of funky stuff going on with cancer diagnosis these days. I really would have to have about 4 opinions before going on chemo myself.

The new CT scans, etc are SO sensitive that they pick up any and every thing. I have a cyst on my kidney that they told me not to worry about and I have a granuloma on my lung that I'm not supposed to worry about. So guess what, I'm NOT going to worry! Thirty years ago, those things would never have been found.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

many lumps in the breast are merely cystic breast disease. Lumps in the thyroid are often cysts caused by iodine deficiency. Ive been through this , had sonogarams, saw all the specialists including a thyroid specialist. He said the lumps, two of them in the thyroid would never go away but he would gladly cut them out if they bothered me.

Iodine supplementation got rid of all of it, high dosages for the first 2 months or so. No cysts in my thyroid anymore, breasts cysts are history.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

A thermomgraphy of the breast is the safest choice for diagnostics. It it comes up positive follow with a sonogram. I hate mammograms and discourge them. They cause more cancer and false positives than they are worth.

Breast Cancer Choices, looking at the alternatives:
http://breastcancerchoices.org/index.html

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google: hyponatremia cancer

Focus...breast and prostate.

Hyponatremia = LOW sodium

Bb needs NaCl for motility (linked a long time ago).

Yes...there are better alternatives to a mammogram as step #1.

Google: inflammation cancer

LOOK AT THE NUMBER OF LINKS...

CRITICAL TO GET INFLAMMATION DOWN WHILE HITTING THE INTRACELLULAR PATHOGEN or WHILE HITTING CANCER CELLS. SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the best thing you can do is to NOT spike your blood sugar, don't ingest things you're sensitive to like gluten, sugar, casein, figure out what CAUSES the inflammation and then eliminate those.

Maybe add some celtic sea salt in water each time you drink.. and then RIFE!

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Doc DAVE still on Lymenet?
Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement