LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My lower right side is hurting?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My lower right side is hurting?
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am worried about appendicitis. It hurts so bad when I press down. It's right above my hip bone and a pain radiates through my abdomen.

The past few days I have felt very weird and not my normal Lyme self. I've had chills nausea fatigue soreness all over. Many other weird symptoms. I'm really worried about this and am not sure what to do. I am also terrified of the potential hospital bill. Will the hospital completely shun my positive Babesia test and Lyme treatment?

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, if you have an appendicitis, none of that matters...appendix infections can kill, quickly. If you suspect appendix issues, you need to go to the ER.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xoxoxox
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xoxoxox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pain could be appendicitis, kidney stones, a hernia or something else but regardless, any of those warrant a trip to the ER.
I think the appendix is lower than your right hip but that is just too close to dismiss.
Forget about the potential hospital bill - if it is appendicitis, you'd need surgery RIGHT AWAY or it could kill you.
Oh, I hate typing that word but it could seriously happen!

Waste no time - go right now.

Here is an image link showing abdominal quadrants and what the pain in each area could be:

http://www.doctorshangout.com/photo/dd-of-abdominal-pain?context=latest

Good luck!
Keep us posted

--------------------
----------
Danni

Posts: 311 | From Glen Mills, PA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently started having the same kind of pain you describe.

I went to my GP and he ordered an xray and sonogram which were both negative.

I consulted a GI who ordered and Ctscan and it too was negative.

In the interim I consulted my LLMD and because of my history with neuro Lyme she felt it was pudendal neuropathy, which many Lyme patients develop.

Like you, I was very concerned about my appendix and you should get that ruled out along with any other life threatening possibilities first and foremost.

Lyme can be hiding somewhere and as treatment goes on and layers of bacteria get peeled away, it can flare it a place you where you never had symptoms.

I believe this is what happened in my case, but again you should get it checked out.

You don't have to tell them anything about your TBD dx at the ER. Or you can mention it in passing. They will be looking for the obvious and if their testing is negative, they will send you on your way. If they find something, it's best to be at the ER.

Good Luck!

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xrunnerx2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xrunnerx2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering if I am herxing and killing parasites? This past thursday-yesterday I felt like I was herxing heavily (at least thats what I hope was happening) then the stomach and right side pain started last night. I am wondering if the new herbs is killing parasites in my gut? I started Quintessence and Gastromycin.

I have no fever and I still have an appetite. There is just an annoying pain/inflamed feeling it my gut area. I also have my head pressure, fatigue and I just feel blah.

Posts: 251 | From Baltimore | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daphnesmom1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daphnesmom1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might be. If the pain in your side gets worse, or you are vomiting, running a fever, you should be seen by someone.

--------------------
"Yeah, I miss me too."

Posts: 234 | From NY originally registered in 2008 | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain in the lower right side of the stomach needs to be checked out. Try to go to urgent care early in the morning (to avoid a line) if you can't get into your PCP soon. They'll tell you if you need to go to ER.

Bills don't matter if it's appendicitis, also symptoms can very from person to person, but there seems to just about always be lower-right stomach pain with it.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement