LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How long to clear up Mold symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How long to clear up Mold symptoms?
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

Icon 11 posted      Profile for thehause     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently took the Realtime Labs test for mold and showed a HEAVY presence for Black Mold and another.

I've been taking some CSM for awhile, but I'm not taking 3-4 scoops a day as this would interfere with all the medications and supplements I'm taking as well.

I'm curious though -- How long did it take for Mold symptoms to go away after starting CSM or charcoal, etc? Looking for some experience here...

Posts: 372 | From west of the mississitty | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, everytime you get an exposure you will get setback. If you are living in mold the CSM really won't help you at all.

I did a massive renovation on my house then started CSM. I was only able to do one scoop a day because there just wasn't enough time with abx and supplements. It took a couple of months and I started having days when my head was clear.

You really should test your house with an ERMI test. I got mine from EMSL Laboratories (they were the cheapest I could find). Your score needs to be under a 2 for the CSM to help you. The ratings go from 0 to 4.

Posts: 845 | From Northeast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thehause     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ordered several tests, btw. Thanks for the reply.
Posts: 372 | From west of the mississitty | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thehause     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone else?
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been working on this since I cleared out all known mold from my house a year ago. Alot of mold in alot of places - ten years of hidden black mold exposure.

On Dia. Earth (clay), Byron White Detox 1 and NT Detox and Byron White A-FNG to help with this.

Still unsure if ALL mold is out of my house as I always feel better away from my home. Either way, it is a long uphill battle but I am better now then I was a year ago.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently, it took me about 4 months to feel better after leaving a moldy environment, without the CSM.
Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

I feel the same though I've only been on CSM for about 2/3 a month. I still don't know if there is mold in my home. Waiting on test results.
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would not put alot of faith in the test results. My test result came up negative even though there was black mold behind my dining room wall, bathrooms and attic.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

UP. How long did it take you to get rid of mold?
Bitten in Bergen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitten in Bergen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desertwind - what tipped you off to finding black mold behind the walls? Was there visible water damage?
Posts: 348 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thehause, What test did you take from Realtime labs? Did it require a doctor referral?
Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Desertwind, I am interested to know that answer also. I was under the impression that mold could not hurt you unless it was released in the air?
Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

quote:
Originally posted by soccermama:
thehause, What test did you take from Realtime labs? Did it require a doctor referral?

I took the mycotoxin urine tests, which I did with doctor referral. I'm not sure that you'd need dr. referral though; you may try just contacting them.
thehause
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21237

quote:
Originally posted by soccermama:
Desertwind, I am interested to know that answer also. I was under the impression that mold could not hurt you unless it was released in the air?

If it is behind the walls, any air that circulates through the wall will carry sports / mold which will make its way into the ventilation. That stuff is small.
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was mold behind the walls in a place where I worked and it make me really sick, vertigo, not sleeping, confusion.

I finally quit after 3 weeks and they eventually gutted the wall and it was full of it. Prior to that I put my nose against the wall to smell and it burned my nose. It was really bad. It can definitely seep through the walls, or get out into the air inside the room. Bad stuff.

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement