LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is it possible to herx on day 1 of Cowden?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it possible to herx on day 1 of Cowden?
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoops123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If so, it must be the pinella - I have noticeable facial numbness and stabbing again.
Posts: 749 | From State full of ticks | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Q: Is it possible to herx on day 1 of Cowden?

Indeed.

(I think Cowden are tincture) Did you start with just ONE drop of ONE supplement? If not, you may need to scale down the dose &/or add more WATER with your dose.

Maybe take in the middle of a meal, to start with.

You say, "again" - so there could be other variables.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes!!!! I had a major neuro reaction to Pinella and a couple other Cowdens a couple of years ago.
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoops123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Day 1 is 20 total drops of Burbur and Pinella and Parsley.

Keebler - the nerve stuff never really went away - just worse today.

Posts: 749 | From State full of ticks | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
So, 20 drops total -- of 3 different ones (approx. 7 drops each) or is that combined formula?

Still, I would never start with 20 drops of anything. Ever. Well, actually, I did years ago and learned to never do that again.

I've never taken Cowden but I've taken some tictures that even one drop was plenty.

Talk to who ever is guiding you on this. It may not be the right one for YOUR body.

Still, staring with just ONE DROP a day, in at least 3/4 cup of water would be my suggestion.

They are meant to be together, still, I'd still wait and take just separately for at least a day each so you can introduce your body slowly.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
The alcohol is also to be considered. Not so much the amount but the reaction of the body to even one drop.

Do you do okay with other tictures?
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
WATER deserves its own space to be sure you are putting these in enough water. You could even go up to a cup, or two cups and then sip along the way.

BLOOD SUGAR, too, should be good and stable. If taking this on an empty stomach when you may need some food, you could have a hypoglycemic crash.
-

Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Keebler - great thoughts as always ! I have tried Byron White before with absolutely no reaction.
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Then, if the alcohol is similar, your reaction is likely not just from that.

Try tapering way down in dose, more water and with food. See if that helps introduce this to your body more easily.

[I am not any kind of medical professional. Just offering tips I've learned over the years from my naturopathic doctors or from self-study. It's always best to talk to your LLMD or LL ND about any questions.]
-

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoops, since Pinella is supposed to be a nerve cleansing tincture, I imagine you are right about the source of your reaction, though I didn't react very noticeably to it. I did get a lot of eyelid twitching in particular in the early days, but probably once the 2 antimicrobials started.

Perhaps you should cut the dose of Pinella and spend longer than the suggested 3 days on that detox section of the protocol before you begin the Samento and Banderol.

By the way, did you decide to use the Parsley in addition? I ask because, on the Cowden Support Prog. It has been replaced by Trace Minerals (4 drops).

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

The instructions I received state that parsley detox replaced trace minerals eff 3/19/13, so I have parsley.
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my first dose at 10 drops of burber and pinella three times a day then 7 drops of parsley at night.

first night my neck just ran with sweat. i was soaking wet.

could have been a herx reaction.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Good news randibear. I am so happy for this to be doing something. Can't wait to get to full strength on the banderol and samento
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How strange about the different instructions (parsley and Trace Mins). Perhaps it is something to do with the fact that I get my products for each month in a pack from UK, but I will check when I get home, as I am away at present.

Are you feeling any better?

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement