LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My Body feels like I have been Beaten.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Body feels like I have been Beaten.
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolann2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been awhile since I have made any posts. Just haven't felt like it. Been feeling a little 'blah' lately.

I was just wondering about something new that has come up maybe in the last month.

I can rub my skin, just about anywhere on my body, and it will feel like I have been beaten. Maybe feels like someone punched you on the arm, but no one did. Feels almost like a serious bruise.

Or maybe another way to describe it is like...have you ever excercised really hard and you got so sore you couldn't hardly move?

When you tried to massage the pain away, it was so sore you couldn't hardly touch it.

No marks, no bruises, no swelling (that I can see anyway).

The pain comes and goes. It could be here one day and gone the next.

I searched the topics here and there was a post in 2007 that someone said it could be a herx (Babs).

Any comments?

[ 06-12-2013, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: carolann2013 ]

Posts: 213 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went through that for a long time until treatment got more aggressive. It was painful to lay in bed. I was sore all over.

Wear comfortable clothing. Sometimes a warm bath can help. It will get better with treatment.

Meanwhile supplements that might help are high doses of MSM (safe to take at 10 grams twice a a day) and Tumeric. I take 1600 mg Tumeric twice a day and both supplements really help.

Stay away from massages right now.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not had this but just wanted to say I am sorry you have to deal with it. It sounds miserable. Faithfull, glad yours cleared with treatment.
Posts: 1685 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i feel like this every day. my arms and legs are so sore if you touch me, i'll scream.

very painful.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that MSM and turmeric will help. (curcumin) .. Probably a herx reaction.

I hope you feel better soon!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolann2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faithful777, what is MSM?

Lymetoo, I did read on an old post here that it could be a herx. I just started Ceftin a couple of weeks ago.

It has calmed down a bit today. It just hurts in a few places. Every so often I get a 'sticker' pain. That is a small shooting pain, really fast pain that always makes me jump.

Those sticker pains just kind of roam around and hit maybe a couple an hour. Really fast pains. They don't amount to much. Just frustrating.

Posts: 213 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Randibear that sounds awful. Mine isn't that serious. Mine really doesn't hurt much unless you rub, push or bump one of the places that hurts. Just a constant dull pain.

So sorry yours is so bad!

You know, I think you get used to feeling bad all the time, that it kind of becomes a norm for a person. When the pain gets real bad, that is when you notice.

Real pitiful situation.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "sticker" pains are probably nerve pain.

MSM...

http://www.msm.com/

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those shooting pains are herxes. We call them zingers!! They seem to come out of no where. We usually had them much worse when we were on our two weeks of flagyl.

We would get a shooting pain in the head, any body part really. They will slow down in time, I promise.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Thanks!
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

Faithful,
I was just checking the posts and I saw where you explained about herxes:

"We usually had them much worse when we were on our two weeks of flagyl."

I am always curious about protocols. Seems they are so different. My doctor has me on a protocol where I am to stay on a abx for six weeks and then switch to the next abx for the next six weeks.

Flagyl is one that I will be getting on in about four more weeks. I will be on that for six weeks at that time. You only stayed on flagyl for two weeks?

I have read about flagyl and it seems to be very potent. I hope it is safe for me to take for six weeks.

Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this until I started taking Magnesium.

Was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia because of the sensitivity to touch, especially at the "Tender Points."

But the Magnesium made the sensitivity go away.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolann2013
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39964

I am taking Magnesium. I started that at the begining. Most of my symptoms was the migratory pain in muscles and joints.

The migratory pain is much better.

imaqt
Member # 40841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imaqt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tell my hubby all the time "I feel so beat up". I have babs and currently I have a swollen left buttock area that is really sore.

It kind of migrates down my left leg. It also generates a sick feeling hormonal feeling that goes into to my head.

I used to have the migrating muscle pain that could pop up anywhere anytime.

I dreaded it, I would get rid of a pain in one area just to have it start somewhere else.

Posts: 14 | From Kansas | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement