LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how many cured yeast and got better???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how many cured yeast and got better???
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just curious...what with the yeast thing and all.

was wondering if people treat yeast and get rid of the lyme symptoms???

i know that schardt protocol of diflucan alternating penicillin did cure a friend of mine from yeast and lyme...

course i don't know if she truly had lyme but her doc said she did.

she was on that protocol for months and did extremely well.

makes me wonder about treating the yeast then.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast is a nasty beast. It creates biofilms and can wrap itself around your spinal cord. Very tough to get rid of and it doesn't happen overnight, nor will it happen with antifungals alone.

You have to go gluten free. The body sees gluten and thinks it's yeast and goes into attack mode (autoimmune). The gluten also causes leaky gut and gives yeast a direct route to your bloodstream (systemic). So not only do you have to kill the yeast, starve it, antifungals, diet, etc. you have to heal the gut and eliminate the foods that are damaging it in the first place.

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then there's metals, parasites and all the other stuff that comes along with.

The first step would be cutting out gluten and sugar though.

If you do gluten first and get that under your belt, it makes cutting out sugar A LOT easier. Also, introducing sour foods like those on the Body Ecology Diet, cut that craving for sugar.

Posts: 631 | From the south | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

ps. Not better, just working on it. DETOX is a major factor in getting rid of yeast, too. Once you kill it, you've gotta get it out of your system.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randi.. The Body Ecology Diet is helping me. I needed serious help in this department.

Fermented vegetables are the core of this treatment and diet.

Maybe begin a search to find a Dr who has enough brains to prescribe for you.

Check out www.knowthecause.com .. Doug Kaufman has a radio program in the Dallas area. You can listen to his talks on his website.

His diet is not strict enough to help me, but he may know of Drs in your area who would be willing to prescribe Diflucan.

or go to your LLMD and get some!!! [Smile]

and yes, going gluten and dairy free is essential .. www.bodyecologydiet.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nhlymeguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nhlymeguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the deal with yeast and the spinal cord?...I never heard of that...but I have had a constant pain in my back that no one can figure out and it actually seems to have lessened since I started a Candida cleasen (Candistroy)...only been maybe 5 days, but I've felt better...less back pain, but I've had headaches (probably sinus) and I haven't had them in years...I also the second day had about an hour of maybe a "herx" where I couldn't stop shaking...it was strange because I was calm (no rapid heartbeat or nervousness usually associated with shaking).
Posts: 222 | From NH | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found great relief treating yeast and parasites after about 10 years of going after lyme/co.'s

The past 1.5 yrs had been very intense working on getting rid of lyme. I got the point of dimished returns with abx.s.

For the past few months I have been treating yeast with my typical herbs but added compounded Nystatin and pulse Diflucan every 3 days. I also pulse in Byron White A-FNG every 3 days and that stuff is very very powerful. I would recommend anyone who has had chronic mold exposure to look into it.

I take a break from that and then do a modified version of Dr. K.'s parasite treatment. I then repeat the Diflucan treatment. Each time I repeat this cycle I herx less and less and feel better and better. Yes, my yeast/parasite herx feels like a lyme herx, if not worse so who knows.

I was told by LLMD that Diflucan can hit cyst form of neurolyme so it could have a double punch to it
Lot of focus on detox the entire time as well.

What I like about treating parasites and yeast is that I actually feel BETTER after I herx. You know...take meds, feel like crap and then feel better then I have felt in a long time. When I see/feel results like that it inspires me to continue with treatment.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LymeGuy.. I think Donna Gates made that statement about the spinal cord in her book "The Body Ecology Diet."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bitten in Bergen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitten in Bergen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I've been on diflucan, it has helped my yeast tremendously.

I've heard that it can also kill lyme.

But even when I've been on diflucan, my inadequately treated babesia & bartonella were still causing problems (and still are).

Posts: 348 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18022

nhlymeguy,
This is disgusting but my colon therapist is seeing dead yeast come out with colonics and then I've seen it in the toilet immediately after one... It makes you see it in a whole new light though.

The therapist said that when we're killing it and then empty the large intestine (trashcan of the body) that the body then "pulls" it from other places and kills IT, since the body knows it can get rid of it.

She said even if it's dead you need to clear it out the body because that gives "room" for the good bacteria to take hold. It gives them a place (space) to live that the yeast was otherwise taking up.

Kind of like planting a garden, you have to get rid of and pull the weeds and get the dirt right so your seedlings (good bacteria) will have a place to grow. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement