LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Achey... Help menapause

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Achey... Help menapause
janice victorov
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morning. Doing good except for entering menapause. Achey , burning tongue, tired.

Moody..... [Frown]

Help greatly appreciated. [confused]

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janice victorov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up

--------------------
jkv44

Posts: 1247 | From virginia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also going through menopause. I have the burning tongue, and a big yes on the mood thing.

My moods change every day. Some days I wake up feeling really down and other days I feel pretty good. Suffering with anxiety and depression; but taking meds to help those. I still struggle however.

I had a DVT while taking hormones, so now that is out of the picture for me. I just hope I am toward the end of this stuff.

I also have sweats. I don't necessarily call them hot flashes; I just sweat really easy. At times I can't tell if I am still dealing with a tick borne illness or if its just menopause.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

I hear ya. My moods change from day to day. Also dealing with some joint pain in my wrist. I also know menapause can cause this.

--------------------
jkv44

lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom had a hysterectomy at 46 and never knew when she went through menopause. Mine was totally uneventful, too. It just took forever to get to that point!

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janice victorov
Member # 22937

Menapause really sucks

--------------------
jkv44

Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the feeling...............ugh. Me too.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just me off on a tangent, but here goes.

I started with what I thought were perimenopausal symptoms 6 years ago (I was 45 at the time). Palpitations, increased heart rate, fatigue climbing stairs, anxiety, panic attacks (never had them before), hot flashes, chills, tingling in extremeties, emotional lability, crying, raging, back pain, ringing ears, tingling tongue, brain fog (pretty much all of which I had never had before. I was an athelete, competitive cyclist, rower. Now I was a wreck!) - any of this ringing a bell?

I went to a naturopath and he suggested that because cultures closer to the equator don't experience menopause like we do, it must be because of our diet. He said it was because I drank milk that I was having these symptoms, and that I should switch to rice milk because after all, our ancestors didn't chase down ruminants and express their milk. I should have then replied that our distant ancestors also didn't grow enough grain to express milk from, so why drink that?

After trying rice milk for a couple of weeks and not seeing any improvement I gave up and found bioidentical progesterone. This worked wonders on the panic attacks, emotional lability etc., and I'm not sure I would have survived without it.

The thought being that near menopause, as the ovaries stop producing ova, progesterone, which is only produced after ovulation, decreases, while the body is pushing more and more estrogen to stimulate ovulation - leading to estrogen dominance (which happens to include most of the above symptoms).

I used bioidentical progesterone for the next five years until I ended up heading down the lyme/bartonella path, as our daughter's LLMD believes that our daughter was born with congenital lyme. My symptoms are also consistant with that diagnosis as well (foot pain being added to the picture). I have not been tested, as we are Canadian and are paying out of pocket for our daughter's treatment. Can't afford more testing for myself, but I love self-experimentation. I learn so much from it.

I herx with joint pain, skin and eye sensitivity from Cat's Claw and also herx with A-Bart and houttuynia. So that's evidence enough for me.

I have found, as I have been treating myself using the Buhner bartonella protocols (along with my daughter), that I need less and less bioidentical progesterone to maintain proper emotional/physical functioning. Perhaps I am nearing the end of perimenopause, perhaps treatment of lyme/bartonella with herbs has helped. I certainly have less inflammation with Buhner herbs than I did before I started them. I feel calmer, more at ease and accepting of others than I used to. Maybe this is the change of life they talk about.

Here is my tanget. Spirochete's don't like heat, and I think, probably don't survive well near the equator. Those poor people have a whole other set of parasites to worry about. What if, during perimenopause, while our hormones are fluctuating and not behaving as they should, borellia and coinfections become more active, resulting in the symptoms that we recognize as associated with perimenopause/menopause? While other cultures that are not endemic for the infections do not experience menopause symptoms as we do?

Just me thinking out loud.

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rowingmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I started with what I thought were perimenopausal symptoms 6 years ago (I was 45 at the time). Palpitations, increased heart rate, fatigue climbing stairs, anxiety, panic attacks (never had them before), hot flashes, chills, tingling in extremeties, emotional lability, crying, raging, back pain, ringing ears, tingling tongue, brain fog (pretty much all of which I had never had before. I was an athelete, competitive cyclist, rower. Now I was a wreck!) - any of this ringing a bell?

I went to a naturopath and he suggested that because cultures closer to the equator don't experience menopause like we do, it must be because of our diet. He said it was because I drank milk that I was having these symptoms, and that I should switch to rice milk because after all, our ancestors didn't chase down ruminants and express their milk. I should have then replied that our distant ancestors also didn't grow enough grain to express milk from, so why drink that?

After trying rice milk for a couple of weeks and not seeing any improvement I gave up and found bioidentical progesterone. This worked wonders on the panic attacks, emotional lability etc., and I'm not sure I would have survived without it.

The thought being that near menopause, as the ovaries stop producing ova, progesterone, which is only produced after ovulation, decreases, while the body is pushing more and more estrogen to stimulate ovulation - leading to estrogen dominance (which happens to include most of the above symptoms).

I used bioidentical progesterone for the next five years until I ended up heading down the lyme/bartonella path, as our daughter's LLMD believes that our daughter was born with congenital lyme. My symptoms are also consistant with that diagnosis as well (foot pain being added to the picture). I have not been tested, as we are Canadian and are paying out of pocket for our daughter's treatment. Can't afford more testing for myself, but I love self-experimentation. I learn so much from it.

I herx with joint pain, skin and eye sensitivity from Cat's Claw and also herx with A-Bart and houttuynia. So that's evidence enough for me.

I have found, as I have been treating myself using the Buhner bartonella protocols (along with my daughter), that I need less and less bioidentical progesterone to maintain proper emotional/physical functioning. Perhaps I am nearing the end of perimenopause, perhaps treatment of lyme/bartonella with herbs has helped. I certainly have less inflammation with Buhner herbs than I did before I started them. I feel calmer, more at ease and accepting of others than I used to. Maybe this is the change of life they talk about.

Here is my tanget. Spirochete's don't like heat, and I think, probably don't survive well near the equator. Those poor people have a whole other set of parasites to worry about. What if, during perimenopause, while our hormones are fluctuating and not behaving as they should, borrelia and coinfections become more active, resulting in the symptoms that we recognize as associated with perimenopause/menopause? While other cultures that are not endemic for the infections do not experience menopause symptoms as we do?

--------------------
13 yo DX PANS/Tourette's/Asperger's/ADHD treated for Igenex positive bartonella/IND lyme with 2 years of abx treatment. Weaned off abx April 2013 at 80% improvement. Continuing with Buhner bartonella/babesia protocols. Aug 2014 99% improvement.

Posts: 265 | From Canada, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rowingmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 41213

Here is my tanget. Spirochete's don't like heat, and I think, probably don't survive well near the equator. Those poor people have a whole other set of parasites to worry about. What if, during perimenopause, while our hormones are fluctuating and not behaving as they should, borrelia and coinfections become more active, resulting in the symptoms that we recognize as associated with perimenopause/menopause? While other cultures that are not endemic for the infections do not experience menopause symptoms as we do?

--------------------

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that black cohosh & vitex are really helpful. I didn't like the bio-identical hormones. I tried them about 5-6 years ago prior to menopause, though.

Kava helps with anxiety if you have that as a symptom.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PS - we may have worse symptoms of menopause than other cultures due to more toxins & chemicals in the environment. I'm sure stress is a factor, too. It's something that could use alot more studies, though.

I was looking at one message board & it was about a completely different topic -- so many women were complaining about joint pain & fibromyalgia type symptoms from menopause. It's not just the Lyme folks who are suffering.

I started getting bad sciatica. It's not fun but stretching with a foam roller helps. Also - I have to mention kratom. It helps me so much with aches & pains.

I got a softer foam roller (swimming "noodle") & it's better for me than the hard one. The regular roller was a little too hard.

FYI - http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=foam+roller+exercises&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement