LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » THE CURE?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE CURE?
patches10025
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patches10025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this as a reply to today's NY Times article re. Lyme.
Has anyone addressed Lyme with this approach or has comments on this:

"Lyme can be easily cured but not by any standard antibiotic protocol as the spirochete causing it has built-in defenses against the immune system and standard protocols. An hour and a half after exposure to Doxycycline they go into hibernation and stop dividing. You have to fool them by taking only one Doxy pill when joint pain is present. If there are nervous system symptoms you take one Minocycline and one Tindamax together. Both can cross the 'blood barrier' of the nervous system and kill the actively dividing spirochetes. If there are digestive symptoms you take one Bactrim. Then you wait for 36 hours for new symptoms to occur and take again one dose depending on the type of symptoms.

Only by putting time for the antibiotics to disperse will you trick the Borrelia into reproductive activity again which is the only time the antibiotics work and can kill them. Otherwise, the spirochetes will go into resting forms of cysts or biofilm colonies that the antibiotics have no affect on. It is in these forms that they hide until conditions are right for them to resume their debilitating activity.

I've cured myself twice this way after two different tick bites in 2010 and 2012. This knowledge comes to me through my degree in sub-cellular biological chemistry from Indiana University and my personal experience experimenting with different protocols during my first bout with Lyme and by reading hundreds of research papers on Borrelia."

[ 07-08-2013, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: patches10025 ]

Posts: 254 | From Westchester, NY | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, if this works you would need a MD to prescribe possible 4 antibiotics. Wonder if this works if lyme is not caught right away.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This will not cure a case of chronic disseminated Lyme. I (highly) doubt it would cure an acute infection. It is not adequate to address co-infections.

Taking one pill at a time will not keep the populations under control. You would need sustained blood levels. Even then, people relapse.

Why not just add a macrolide to your tetracycline drug to keep the spiros from changing forms? It's in the Burrascano Guidelines.

Well, at least it's good to know some people know everything. Helps me sleep at night.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, this guy talks as if lyme symptoms are predictable. Often symptoms are subtle or even new and varied so I can't imagine such a protocol working for everyone. Pulse protocols have been used with some success though.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your protocols are not working for you, you should consider trying different ones.

I don�t think this guy is bragging, it worked for him so he�s just passing on the information.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is part of it that makes a little sense, although it is not at all consistent with my experience. I suppose my situation of having lyme for decades was different than his.

Then, part of it just reminds me of the old line a smoker might say, such as, oh, yes, quitting smoking is easy ... I've done it many times ...

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 12 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[hi]
i deleted my .o2*...
be wise,
[bonk]
lesson learned yrs ago.
I give out to much info.
PM more in future..
Godspeed

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement