LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ketek fake?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ketek fake?
we'll win
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for we'll win     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks, about a month ago I raised a concern that my local, but national pharmacies were telling me that Ketek was no longer being produced. I have been on Ketek for a long time, along with omniceff and flagyll and for me Ketek is excellent, especially for my brain.

I called the manufacturer who assured me Ketek was still being produced. I found a small, independent pharmacy that obtained it for me.

Problem: the Ketek did not look as if I remembered it. I have been going downhill since resuming on the new batch of ketek. Unfortunately, my (wonderful) Lyme Dr. had no samples for me to compare the "old"
Ketek with the "new" (I saw my Dr. before really going downhill).

Anyone having these experiences?

Thanks.

We'll Win

Posts: 107 | From maryland | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we'll win
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for we'll win     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks, please note that between personal obligations and not presently having a working computer, it might take me a few days to respond to any responses I receive.

But this situation is very important- and worrisome for me- so I welcome any input.

Thanks.

We'll Win

Posts: 107 | From maryland | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to look up the manufacturer online to see a pic of the med?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
With EACH new bottle of anything (Rx or supplement) we should compare at the manufacturer's direct web site.

Compare not just markings but sheen, seams, every tiny little detail in texture, etc. Color can vary a bit with computer, though.

Call them if any doubt.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can check online and call the manufacturer. If you can't figure out the name of the manufacturer, call the pharmacy to ask.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is easy enough to look this up online:

http://www.drugs.com/imprints.php?action=search&drugname=ketek

No generic.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
we'll win
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11112

Thank you for all your suggestions. I had compared a photo from the physician's desk reference, and will do further research from your suggestions.

I have not yet called back the pharmaceutical and am trying to make a better comparison before I do. I will have to make an emergency appointment with my Lyme Dr. as I continue to go down hill, to a (poor)level I have not been in years.

Once again I am searching alternative protocols as I am truly concerned about antibiotic failurers, but unfortunately have not found an alternative remedy that really works (not that I have checked out that many).

I am pretty destraught as my livelihood - and my whole being- which were making slow but sure come backs with my increasing health and cognitive functioning over the years- are again jeopardized. Years ago I felt like "Charlie" in "Flowers for Algernon". Once again I am going down hill in a big way. Oh boy.

So, besides your good suggestions, it's just hearing from you- my brothers and sisters in the (involuntary)Lyme Community that perks me up. I have had Lyme for 23 years, with all its downs and ups since 1990 and just hope I can find the up again.

But I truly believe that one day....

We'll Win

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You mentioned exploring other methods. It's often not an either-or decision, though. Rx and support often work best together, at least as some points in time. For comparison:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

Topic: RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS

LL Naturopathic links here, too, with articles, books, etc.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement