LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone else have spasticity issues?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else have spasticity issues?
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My right calf and my left foot often feel like they're in a bunch. It's not painful. The neuro gave me baclofen for it and it helps. Just wondering if this is a Lyme issue or something else. It came on after my Lyme symptoms started.

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll move this to Medical Questions for you! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjourneys
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39813

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjourneys   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
both of my legs, from the knee to the bottom of my foot feel like someone is squeezing them really hard.

I'm not sure I understand spasticity and in a bunch. Is it like I'm feeling - squeezing?

I've been treating Lyme since Jan with Antibiotics and supplements/herbs. Just started treating with ART for Babs a week ago.

Have chronic lyme for at least 20 some years (possibly 50). Misdiagnosed as Fibromylagia until this year.

Posts: 250 | From East Coast | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. It feels like squeezing and it makes it hard to walk when I don't take my Baclofen. When the doc hits my knee with the hammer he has to stand out of the way cause I'll kick him.

[ 08-04-2013, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Shiela ]

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've had this & been on Baclofen for it myself. Check Vitamin B12 & magnesium status, as a deficiency in either one may contribute to spasticity.

I don't know if it's Lyme, Bart., or something else, but definitely can be part of the whole Lyme/coinfection picture.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM LINKS sets
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Of course, lyme & other stealth infection can be at the root but, along the way certain deficiencies also need attention. And there are some other supports of note. Gotu Kola can help in many ways.

Best if you can find a LL ND (naturopathic doctor) to guide you with support methods.

http://www.naturalingredients.ru/netcat_files/File/Papers/English%20versions/Gotu%20Cola%20Eng.pdf

THE PLANT OF REGENERATIVE THERAPY - GOTU KOLA

- by Komarova E.L., Doctor of pharmacological science

Excerpts:

. . . Traditionally Gotu Kola was used for wound healing and to treat skin lesions. Nowadays, due to its wound healing properties, its ability to prevent scar formation, and to enhance the integrity and vascularization of connective tissues . . . .

. . . especially the healing of connective tissues . . . .

. . . Only a few plants can stimulate the increase of collagen synthesis, and according to in vitro studies on fibroblasts Gotu Kola has proven its efficacy in this. . . .

. . . Another important property of Gotu Kola is its ability to improve the circulation of the blood, including venous and capillary.

Its ability to improve peripheral circulation, reduce oedema and pain in the extremities, allows the use of the plant for the treatment of phlebitis, varicose veins, spasms and other cases of venous insufficiency. . . .

http://www.nutritionreview.org/glossaries-Herbs-gotu_kola.php

Nutrition Review - GOTU KOLA

. . . A common misconception is that gotu kola contains caffeine, which is simply not true . . . .

. . . Researchers have found that gotu kola contains several glycosides that exhibit wound healing and anti-inflammatory activities . . . .

. . . Gotu Kola has been found to have significant results in healing of skin, other connective tissues, lymph tissue, blood vessels (decreasing capillary fragility), and mucous membranes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDj3kTdtJPI

GOTU KOLA - YouTube 3-minute video from Nature's Classroom

[Starts off with discussion about the nutrients] . . . full of minerals -- calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, chromium, zinc, selenium, iodine, silicon, germanium and cobalt --

. . . it contains awesome phytonutrients known as triterpenoids. Triterpenoids promote collagen formation and have been shown to concentrate antioxidants into damaged tissue and increase the blood supply . . . .

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/important-herbs/gotu-kola-leaf-centella-asiatica.html

Gotu Kola - from The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Gotu+Kola

PubMed Search:

Gota Kola - 410 abstracts

Gotu Kola, microcirculation - 15 abstracts
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Massage.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement