LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Factive - Anyone tried it

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Factive - Anyone tried it
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI -

Would anyone like to comment on their experience (good or bad) with Factive?

I know that some people had negative experiences.

I'm thinking of just a few pills. I took one pill and I could swear it cured a 5 year ear infection after having tried many different things.

Of course I'm paranoid about my tendons.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strong stuff! Herxed like crazy for Bart then ruptured my Achilles' on day 5.

Load up on Mag and C before starting and STOP if you get any tendon twinges.

Mine ruptured with no warning.

Have you tried Cipro? It's the same class. I can take that with no tendon issues.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I am not mistaken the difference between Factive and Cipro is an efflux pump prohibitor. Also if I am not mistaken, biofilm communities use efflux pumps to pump out antibiotics. Whatever the case, the Factive / Tind combo is what saved me. Saved me. Cipro didn't make a dent. The F/T combo took time, but it worked.

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

Posts: 208 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I am not mistaken the difference between Factive and Cipro is an efflux pump prohibitor. Also if I am not mistaken, biofilm communities use efflux pumps to pump out antibiotics. Whatever the case, the Factive / Tind combo is what saved me. Saved me. Cipro didn't make a dent. The F/T combo took time, but it worked.

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

Posts: 208 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried Cipro for a long while. Subdued the Bart symptoms, but they eventually crept back after about 8 months. Moved on to Levaquin which wiped out all of my Bart sx but I stopped because of muscle pains. I went to Rifampin but stopped after 6 weeks, because it just doesn't work with any other drugs. I'm thinking about Factive as well. Is it stronger than Levaquin? Does Levaquin have a PPP?
Is it advisable to do this after having some muscle scares with Levaquin?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. JMB how long were you on It?

Lymeboy - Yes factive is stronger than levaquin. I have the same experience that is why I am so nervous. I took Levaquin and got tendon issues, they resolved after about a year. After taking one factive I felt the same pain in my bicep.

I may just pulse the drug although I don't think my doc would go for that.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I couldnt tell the difference from the pain the meds in that family caused with a herx/die off.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

I took Factive for about a year. I think it was one week on one week off. Never had tendon pain. I ran and biked the whole time. But I have not had joint or muscle pain with Lyme and company either.

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my most helpful meds for treating bartonella symptoms by far. Works as well as IV levaquin.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement