LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Malaise!! What is the main culprit??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Malaise!! What is the main culprit??
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Malaise is my worst symptom. The feeling of just being uncomfortable in your own body.

Out of Bart, Babs, lyme, or yeast is there one that would most likely be the main culprit?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia.. and maybe yeast too. Plus all of the above!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, darn! I was hoping to find a target and get rid of this horrible malaise. I do find yeast treatment helps a little but have not done enough babs treatment to find out.

Lyme treatment does not seem to help with malaise, at least not the meds I have tried.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you exercising at all? I have found consistently sticking to a weight lifting program

(at home, with DVD's) and sometimes I walk, really has made me feel better in my body- stronger.

Malaise I first thought of as 'bored'. I get that- not sure I have the stamina for big events, yet, bored with all the small ones.
Which one after another tire me out. Not sure that makes sense.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately malaise could be caused by a number of different things or a combo of several. So I guess just treating for all infections etc would be the way to go unless you can somehow figure out which infection or infections is causing it for you.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer. This is one of my main symptoms too and I have no clue which infection is the culprit. I consider malaise to be the overall general ill/sickly feeling that I always have.

Malaise is definitely not feeling bored. The definition of malaise is:

"Malaise is a generalized feeling of discomfort, illness, or lack of well-being."

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, malaise is Babs. It is horrible. I am sorry you are dealing with it.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Pam08, you said it best, "I consider malaise to be the overall general ill/sickly feeling that I always have."

That is it exactly, kinda like a lingering flu that never goes away, just feeling sick/ill in general all the time.

gigimac
Member # 33353

Malaise is the worst because it is not something specific like a pain in a certain spot etc., that could be medicated and get at least temporary relief.

Ugh, I hate it!! [Frown]

steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read this, just put out today.

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/symptoms/malaise

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Oh, goodness! I am hoping i don't have one of the many illnesses described in this article, except lyme, which I obviously know I have. the malaise started and has continued since the onset of lyme.

I know i should probably get more tests done but I have to wait until that miraculous day when my husband finds a job and can get insurance.

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's a good sign I don't know what malaise means?
Maybe not. Sorry!

Do you think more detox could help? Hope you feel better soon----

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In ME/CFS post-exertional malaise is also called Post-exertional neuro-immune exhaustion, which gives an idea of what's going on in the body while we feel like crap.

For me it's kind of like metabolic shut down. My body cannot do anything except the basic functions to keep me alive. It's hard to even hold my head up.

It's so hard, nearly impossible, to pinpoint exactly what is causing it. Unless you, for example, take Mepron and it goes away. Then you would know it's Babesia.

For me, it's all a big question mark. I don't know what pathogen or combination of pathogens causes it, I just know I have to rest and rest until it passes.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, it was due to low thyroid. I bloodtested low in T3, went on Armour thyroid, and no more malaise! It's very nice to start feeling akin to normal again.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Thanks for all the responses. I have thyroid tested and it was fine, although they did not do the in depth testing I would have liked.

I guess I will up the detox and keep throwing meds at it until something lifts.

Diflucan usually makes me feel better but it only lasts for a day or two.

Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I have had malaise I just wanted out of my body. It is so uncomfortable--an intense feeling of "ick."
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, malaise was one of my worst symptoms. I felt like I was dying for months and years on end. With ABX treatment, it gradually subsided.

It's the Lyme and coninfections that you have. They are all so toxic.

Hot tea helps. Lemon or Lime water (freshly squeezed) with Truvia and drunk with a straw helps.

Activated charcoal pill from your local drugstore help with that awful feeling, too.

When you bring down the infections and the toxic load, the malaise subsides.

Timing of medications also helps. It's fine tuning of what to take, when. Some medications I could never tolerate, so had to take others instead. Each patient is different.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigimac...it sounds like we have exactly the same experience with malaise.

You said "kinda like a lingering flu that never goes away, just feeling sick/ill in general all the time."

"Malaise is the worst because it is not something specific like a pain in a certain spot etc., that could be medicated and get at least temporary relief.

Ugh, I hate it!! [Frown] "

I agree 100% with your comments! It really is exactly like that for me as well.

This seems to be something that I never get relief from no matter what. Even on my "good" days the malaise is still there ALWAYS. I hate it too.

I have actually been tested for I think most everything on that list in the article that Steve posted so I seem to be in the clear for all of those thing other than the lyme and company. This malaise has been with me 24/7 from the moment that I got ill. Hopefully some day these treatments will work and I will be rid of all of this stuff.

Until then...I do actually do a lot of things for detox including lemon water, coffee enemas, bentonite clay etc. They do help me but unfortunately nothing seems to get rid of the malaise.

If you ever figure out what is causing it for you or how to get rid of it please let me know.

Take Care!
Pam

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement