LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How can lyme disease in the brain be treated?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How can lyme disease in the brain be treated?
Mama2six
Member # 38069

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mama2six     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been sick for 1 1/2 years. I do not know when I got lyme disease, but 1 1/2 years ago, like a light switch going out, I became severely sick.

My biggest problem was extreme, incapacitating dizziness, made worse by noise or movement, especially my own voice and left-right head movement.

Other symptoms include: trouble walking, shaking, trouble thinking, trouble speaking (slow speech, trouble getting the right words, slurred speech), short-term memory loss, trouble falling asleep (trouble with feeling tired),

tingling in 1 1/2 fingers (always the same spot), facial palsey, weakness, shortness of breath, terrible pain if I don't get enough sleep or if I work too hard, left inner ear trouble like thumping/ear popping -

the extreme dizziness comes from my LEFT EAR ONLY, which was why we were on the wrong track for so long... it looked like an ear problem.

Obviously I can't keep living like this, and after 10 months of treatment I can not tell that I am any better.

When I started doxy and ceftin to begin with, I became terribly ill. I was so dizzy that I had to lay still in quiet for 2 1/2 months!

My mom had to move in with us to take care of us... it was a horrible time, and after the first 4 weeks I did not come out of the herx as my Dr. predicted. After stopping all medications I still did not come out of the herx.

I ended up getting sick with the flu (or something) that turned into bronchitis that turned into pneumonia during this 2 1/2 month long herx...

so add not being able to breath (around the clock nebulizer treatments which made me shake like crazy) but finally I came out of the herx.

Obviously, the lyme is a big problem, and the antibiotics hit something. I restarted antibiotics with the pneumonia (biaxin) and then we slowly added the ceftin back in.

I have been on them since January now, and no more improvement beyond coming out of the herx.

My Dr. believes I "don't detox". I tend to believe that is true. Waiting on genetic tests that will show whether I have a problem where my body is not ABLE to detox... (mthfr chromosone defect/methalation defect)

What is going on? (I am so confused!)

How do you go about treating lyme in the brain?

Is the antibiotic I am on hitting it at all?

Help anyone? I can't stay like this.

Thanks!

[ 08-11-2013, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 60 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not being able to detox makes it much more difficult (you just get clogged up). It's all about getting rid of the toxins. I believe Dr. Burrascano said in "Putting Lyme Behind You" that if you don't detox, you won't get well (DVD).

You are killing stuff and all of their toxins are left floating around in your body. I would try Detox 2, FIR saunas (go slow), dry skin brushing, clay baths, oil pulling, ionic foot baths and lemon water. Detoxing also pulls minerals out on me, so make sure you supplement.

You might consider the herbal route as well. It's not as hard on the body and it slowly kills the bugs.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops, forgot to add binders, chlorella, and DE--food grade diatomaceous earth.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mama2six
Member # 38069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mama2six     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Detox 2? I have been on something called Detox 1, and what has happened is I feel better on a very small dose a day, but when I increase it I get very sick.

I think it draws the toxins out, but they probably don't leave my body at a very good rate, so it just makes me feel worse.

Would Detox 2 do the same thing? (I'm guessing it is probably made by the same company...)

I am taking a daily epsom salt/hydrogen peroxide bath, hot, in lieu of a sauna, because it does seem to help to sit there and sweat for an hour. I am also taking bentonite clay.

I was on chlorella, and 1 lemon every 3 hours (for about a month) but it did nothing, and I ran out of money so my Dr helped me cut back on anything that wasn't actually helping.

I was also on burber, glutithione, donatyl, high doses of vitamin C, and other things which did not seem to help at all.

What does seem to help is the bentonite clay, a good multi vitamin, the baths, alpha liporic acid, nac, gse, magnesium (for shaking),

and I am on milk thistle because my liver enzymes start to elevate without it. Most of what I am on is focused on the "detoxing" part.

[ 08-11-2013, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 60 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

You are wise to focus primarily on detoxing. Have you tried anaerobic exercise (Burrascano)?

Detox 2 has clays in it that draw toxins from the body. Maybe detox 1 is easier to tolerate (not sure). Your LLMD would know, or you could email the Byron White company (they are good at responding).

I would keep doing what you're doing and maybe try some of the other forms of detoxing above. Hopefully others with detox issues will post here too. It would be nice if there was a thread for people with methylation/MTHFR issues.

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi - 1st off, if you could break your posts up into a couple lines, it'll be easier for many to read here.

Detoxing - I'm a difficult detoxer - I did the detoxigenomic bloodtest through Genova Lab in NC and that showed my doc where my detox difficulties are.

I've been doing FIR portable sauna tent sweating - takes about 1/2 hour to sweat, then I stay in another 5-10 minutes, then shower off alternating warm and cool.

I also take a scoop of Takesumi activated charcoal with meals with fat in them, per my doctor's recommendation. That also helps the body detox.

Re treating the brain - I've been able to do so with anti-inflammatories - I drink mangosteen juice and take a capsule of turmeric powder twice a day, and my prolactin count is dropping, which means I'm treating my brain!

Other good anti-inflams are noni juice and grapeseed extract capsules.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement