LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » left arm numbness-transverse myelitis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: left arm numbness-transverse myelitis
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am starting again because all heart sx were minor and have stopped and i am alive a week later

i see the shoulder doc tomorrow. the back doc said he looked at my scans and it cannot be from neck arthritis, bulges, and other disc problems

i am the same...as when it started last sunday morning-i week ago. left arm is numb on outside down to pinky and ring finger. at one point i felt numbness in my left side of tongue and had a few chest sensations but that has all gone away.

since friday night the pinky numbness is getting painful.. more like burning.

i found this:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/transversemyelitis/detail_transversemyelitis.htm

transverse myelitis jumped out at me from buhners book

it is usually on both sides but can be on one and nih says can come from lyme disease

also could be early ms

just wondering what you think

i dont have high hopes the shoulder ortho who sent me to PT who turned my rotator cuff problem into frozen shoulder last november is going to know what this is. it would be nice if he did tho.

im close to giving up on the docs and getting serious about using buhner again. so many problems popping out in me. maybe from cancer or radiation or lumpectomy or just plain stress...

i have called myself post-lyme for quite awhile...but many of these problems are known to come from lyme...

"Researchers are uncertain of the exact causes of transverse myelitis. The inflammation that causes such extensive damage to nerve fibers of the spinal cord may result from viral infections or abnormal immune reactions. Transverse myelitis also may occur as a complication of syphilis, measles, Lyme disease, and some vaccinations, including those for chickenpox and rabies. Cases in which a cause cannot be identified are called idiopathic.
"

p 180 1st paragraph healing lyme talks about it being related to babs and Bb together

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh kayak... This really concerns me. One thing after another for you lately!

Do you have any of the ingredients for Buhner tea right now?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi tute-glad your back-missed ya.

u missed the dialog all week about this-i had some fleeting heart sx too but they are gone but everyone got upset and mad at me for not going to er...i understnad -i would have been the same. healthys brother had worse numness than me in all 4 limbs and had a blood clot on the brain. he seems to be getting better-is out of hosp

i did talk to my docs all along and almost went to er twice...but it backed off

yes-i have 4 herbs for tea...and was re-reading stuff to decide how to be aggressive with it since i have these new sx-thats when i found the ref to transmyelitis

also-did you read about my eye appt in boston...esp about how much they knew about lyme and how respectful they are and just so professional but human too

i can only do tx til sept 3 cuz knee surg is sept 13...FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!! grrrrrrr.

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh great.. Friday the 13th. Probably no one else would take that date!! We will just pray for the best outcome ever.... to H*** with the devil! [Big Grin]

Yes, I read about the eye stuff. Interesting. Have no clue what kind of surgery could fix that.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any way you could buy the device to treat your joints with magnetic therapy?

PEMF, pulsed electromagnetic field therapy, adjusts the electrical fields on either side of the cells, which improves the circulation of nutrients.
The cells function better and heal.

I have a link to a guy to makes these, cheaper than the SOTA Magnetic Pulser.
He's willing to give a discount to those in financial distress.

There's still time before the scheduled surgery for your knee to improve, using this.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I think my situation sounds just like yours

Ihaveaproblemcoveing things up tho...i want to know why and try to fix it

Since it is so consistant and in the same spot i feel itisnt lyme

Ihave had similar stuff all over body for yearsbut it comesand goes so i thoughtthat was lyme

Ty a lot for rrply...plz stay in touch

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Ortho today said not shoulder or back and sent me to neurol

Now i woder if it is carpel tunnel

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

i just looked up carpel tunnel. its not that. carpel tunnel startes in thumb and moves toward pinky but rarely gets by ring finger. my pain is severe in pinky...less in ring finger and comes and goes in middle finger

guess i have to wait for neurologist

i looked up pinky and it is the ulner nerve...but shoulder doc didnt think that was it cuz touching my elbow didnt change anything

he told me to sleep with my arms straight...gues he earned his bucks today huh?

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I hope you can find a decent neuro!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Shiela
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shiela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi kayak, I'm so glad the heart issue resolved. That's the way it is with Lyme eh? Things come and go all the time.

I wonder if maybe you're having nerve root inflammation problems. It wouldn't necessarily show up on an MRI unless it affected the bone and it can be caused from Lyme.

http://www.columbia-lyme.org/patients/ld_lyme_symptoms.html:

"d. Radiculoneuritis. When the infection in Lyme disease affects the nerve roots, it is called radiculoneuropathy. Typical symptoms include radicular pain and symmetric or asymmetric sensory abnormalities, such as numbness or tingling. The radicular pain may be experienced as sharp stabbing or burning or shooting pains that radiate down a dermatomal distribution, such as into the limbs or across the trunk. There may also be elements of motor weakness. Differential diagnosis should exclude other causes of distal paresthesias, such as diabetic and toxic-metabolic neuropathies, or other causes of radicular pain, such as structural compression."

BTW the cause of MS isn't known but my LLND said that MS can be induced by Lyme.

I had numbness and tingling in my feet and legs and the neuro did an EMG and found that my leg tibial nerve wasn't working right and a different neuro said that I had carpal tunnel in my left arm. The abx have have helped. The neuros weren't Lyme literate and as per their training weren't even thinking it might be a presentation of Lyme but look for other explanations.

--------------------
I'm not there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday.----
Lyme Band 31,41,58. Being treated for Lyme and Bartonella.

Posts: 149 | From Maine | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayak - your mailbox is full.

In another thread I abbreviated Advanced Laboratory Services as ALS - confusing some - not
meaning the disease ALS.

B31 is a strain of Bb - not a band. Nor a bingo call for that matter.

Dunno - is the other Bb strain 297 or B297 that Igenex tests for that the other labs apparently do not?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement