LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » aspartame

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: aspartame
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just realizing how big a problem this is and that i drank a lot of diet soda when i was younger. feeling very freaked out about having permanent brain damage. i'm detoxing right now but i feel like it might be too late.

any recovery stories from aspartame use?

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I wonder, too. However, I had more exposure to the earlier artificial sweeteners with non-stop TAB in the 70's and move on from there until I crashed about the time aspartame came along. Who knew?

Well, as for freaking out, I figure my "energy bank" can't get overdrawn on that. Still, there are some homeopathic formulas that are said to help "move" certain things. If you have access to a LL ND (naturopathic doctor), they would know more.

It would be an individual assessment, treatment designed for your body.

If you explore some of the homeopathic web sites (the really good academic sites) you may find some information.

In the meantime, or if you don't have access to a good LL ND (or similar) who is trained in homeopathy it's always good to ingest lots of good fresh foods, bright colors for their antioxidants.

Certain other antioxidants as supplements can help, too, with circulation and "moving" out the old to make way for new cell growth.

As for being able to separate out damage from aspartame from other substances that could cause harm but have flown under the radar

(such as other food additives, household chemicals - certain environmental exposures - and some OTC products such as acetaminophen which blocks glutathione in the entire body and that's required to help our cells "detox" - and then so much that might not otherwise affect adversely can)

and from the kinds of neurotoxic infections carried by ticks

well, it seems to me that would be nearly impossible. We just have to cover as many bases as we can and move on with the best choices we can. Fortunately, some of the same support methods for dealing with tick-borne infections will also be of help in other ways.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I don't have time to assess the quality of "hits" here, still, a cross search at Google brings up some promising links:

aspartame, recovery
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
The author of the Excitotoxin book may address recovery, too. That link is in this set:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; Splenda & "Natural" Flavors (that are not likely natural at all)
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lion's Mane (a medical mushroom) has shown promise as support for nerve healing.

Gotu Kola may also helpful in this regard.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/32567?#000000

GOTU KOLA - Informational Links Set
-

sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks keebler. i'm having a rough day of emotion which always make me worry too much.
Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hungry for Change" on Netflix talks about this. It's very scary.

I drank Diet Coke everyday for several years pre-Lyme treatment. I was addicted to it and thought nothing of it.

The good thing is that now you know better, so you do better (I think that's Oprah's saying).

Your body can heal.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there is any permanent damage, but who knows!?

I never drank very much diet stuff. When I was younger, I drank the real thing and when they came out with diet stuff I didn't like the taste.

So I just cut back on Cokes in general. I would drink the occasional Diet Dr Pepper.. tasted close to the real thing!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement