LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Child question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Child question
willo7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willo7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 9 yr old who was doing pretty good, is now having horrible headaches.

He is also complaining of sore dry throat and he has bumps on the back of his tongue.

He says it feels like he has something stuck in his throat.

Any suggestions??

He is in treatment.

Thanks!

Posts: 137 | From Illinois | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could this in any way be an allergic reaction to something?

Anything involving the throat should be investigated by a medical professional.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
New exposures to chemicals, clothes treatments or dyes, magic markers, school stuff, air circulation, etc. ?

School foods or additives?
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willo7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willo7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He doesn't eat school food. He takes cold lunch. Has anyone had this????
Posts: 137 | From Illinois | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daynise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daynise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could he have thrush? Those are all candida symptoms...
Posts: 428 | From Midwest | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the - feels like he has something stuck in his throat.

It lasted about a month and just went away. I did ask the doctor about but I can't remember what he said, it was a couple of years ago.

The best way I could describe it is it felt like a pice of popcorn-kernels.

Please concider this also> Tonsillitis
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tonsillitis/DS00273/DSECTION=symptoms

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about strep?

I have learned that even though you are on antibiotics, you can still get other infections that need a different antibiotic.

Last year, I thought I was covered for UTI's and everything else when I was on Bactrim and Zith long term...but I was VERY wrong. The strain I unknowingly had was resistent to Bactrim and required a different antibiotic.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lax mom may have pointed you in the right direction:

Strep:

In general, signs and symptoms of strep throat include:

Throat pain
Difficulty swallowing
Red and swollen tonsils, sometimes with white patches or streaks of pus
Tiny red spots on the soft or hard palate — the area at the back of the roof of the mouth
Swollen, tender lymph glands (nodes) in your neck
Fever
Headache
Rash
Stomachache and sometimes vomiting, especially in younger children
Fatigue
It's possible for you or your child to have many of these signs and symptoms, but not have strep throat. The cause of these signs and symptoms could be a viral infection or some other kind of illness. That's why your doctor generally tests specifically for strep throat.

It's also possible to have the bacteria that can cause strep in your throat without having a sore throat. Some people are carriers of strep, which means they can pass the bacteria on to others, but the bacteria are not currently making them sick.

When to see a doctor
Call your doctor if you or your child has any of these signs and symptoms:

A sore throat accompanied by tender, swollen lymph glands (nodes)
A sore throat that lasts longer than 48 hours
A fever higher than 101 F (38.3 C) in older children, or any fever lasting longer than 48 hours

A sore throat accompanied by a rash
Problems breathing or difficulty swallowing anything, including saliva
If strep has been diagnosed, a lack of improvement after taking antibiotics for 24 to 48 hours

A fever — or pain or swelling in the joints, shortness of breath or a rash — after a strep infection, even as long as three weeks after infection; these can be indicators of rheumatic fever
Cola-colored urine more than a week after a strep infection, as this may indicate kidney inflammation (poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/strep-throat/DS00260/DSECTION=symptoms

So aybe look into Strep & Tonsillitis

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joshua1.5
Member # 36367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joshua1.5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I get headaches and a constricted throat from my tox. / die-off symptoms. If nothing else works, maybe you could have his C4a checked / monitored if it's not already. Feel free to PM me if you end up needing any tox. information - that is the primary issue I am dealing with in my treatment plan. Best of luck.

--------------------
"I will never leave you nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5

Posts: 13 | From Arlington, Virginia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement