LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nocturia - frequent night time urination

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nocturia - frequent night time urination
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PR irritates my bladder and causes me to get up as many as 4 times a night. I often can't fall back asleep. Bartonella did the same thing.

After a week of this and not getting enough deep sleep, I am feeling pretty irritable. I don't notice it as much during the day.

I don't drink much at night and I don't drink caffeine except one cup of tea in the morning.

I am back on ivermectin and being very strict with diet control. Is there anything else to help calm this down? I believe it is connected to muscle spasms, which PR also causes.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neff-I am sorry I don't have any valuable suggestions to help you.

I'm a nightime pee-er myself. And if it's after 3am-then I'm up for good-can't fall back asleep either.

Things I avoid for dinner-celery and asparagus. I think they're diuretics.

I sure hope others chime in soon.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vistaril? same as hydroxyzine pamoate

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Greta. Lymetoo, I looked up Vistaril and it is an antihistamine. I have paradoxical reactions to antihistamines. They make me jumping out my skin nervous.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to go 7 times a night. Removing my amalgams and detoxing heavy metals lowered it down to 1. It was so obvious it was the metals. Then hitting parasites raised it again to 3 or 4 times.

Parasites carry heavy metals in them just like we do, so when they die, the metals are released into the body. Yeast follows--it's connected to heavy metals and parasites. Gigi was spot on with this.

You may not see any parasites, but iver is broad spectrum and does a good job killing them. You have to detox and take binders when you are on any kind of parasite med or treatment or your body will just re absorb all the toxins.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Thanks cat girl. I have liposomal artemisinin with EDTA so I will be sure to take it. Last night was just as bad. I also feel anxious but otherwise ok.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Things are getting worse - I as up 4 times last night and also had headache, sweating, hot flashing and brief cramps. Horse voice today and very tired.

I believe this relapse may have been caused from too much glucose feeding the parasite. I just go into denial as the diet is so restrictive.

I have 16 apple trees full of apples. I made apple sauce, apple butter and stewed apples. I ate a huge bowl of stewed apples telling myself it was good for me but it was sweetened with maple syrup.

Sometimes I make a none fat desert and eat the entire thing ignoring the honey and maple syrup, as well as the flour which is all very high on the GI.

I am thinking it is not gluten or lactose allergies that are affecting some people, like me. It is the sugar in it. I have been having skim milk for breakfast with none fat cereal, telling myself it was fat free and therefor ok. I ate graham crackers and fig nutens by the box. My latest discovery was rosemary crackers with only one gram of fat per very large cracker - but white flour. I should be smarter than that!

So this is probably why I am where I am right now. Boy, it is so frustrating to be hungry all the time and feel so unsatisfied with what I am eating!

I am posting this on the PR support thread too so other people don't make the same mistake.

--------------------

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed a connection to yeast with frequent urination as well. Of course when you kill off the parasites, yeast pops up due to metals being released. Sugar feeds yeast, so maybe sugar or the yeast feed proto too (interesting).

The parasite and heavy metal connections to yeast are fascinating. Gigi used to warn everyone about it. It all points to metals. If you don't get the metals out, you will always have yeast (that's what she used to say). After getting my amalgams out, I believe her. I would cut way back on the sugar and detox heavy metals.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

I can't get my amalgams out without pulling teeth so I am stuck with them. I have been trying to increase my ability to detox for over a year.

I also have the LifeWave patches that are supposed to increase glutathione production. I can begin wearing them again. I have so much "stuff"! If only I could live a half way normal life without so much to swallow (or not swallow!).

I feel ok during the day but the nights are hard. I took Alinia yesterday and again today. I was SO nervous. A herx I hope.

--------------------

micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an Rx that will either solve your problem, or at least help reduce it to once a night. It's called DDAVP - or Desmopressin. It's an anti-diuretic hormone that helps you to retain water. Our hormones get screwed up from the you know what.

Ask doc for Rx for it...just one small 0.1mg tab a half hour before bed should really help

quote:
DDAVP® Tablets (desmopressin acetate) are a synthetic analogue of the natural pituitary hormone 8-arginine vasopressin (ADH), an antidiuretic hormone affecting renal water conservation

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement