LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Got Dr. F Lab in AZ test results - not sure what it means

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got Dr. F Lab in AZ test results - not sure what it means
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the GP order it for me. I have been having a lot of problems with the GP so I had my husband get the results (they didn't even call to tell me that they were in). I will have to see someone else to get it interpreted and treatment - maybe have to go see F.

This test was to look for any pathogens.

The first page has picture of biofilm and says, "DETECTED - A substantial level of biofilm community-like structures and/or organisms were observed using fluorescent DNA staining technology or Giemsa using enrichement via centrifugation. These finding are suggestive of an unspecified infection and/or parasitic disease. Organisms displaying motility observed."

On the last page it says "PCR testing for putative FL1953 is suggested for follow up confirmation".

I had the PCR test last year and was positive. I didn't know how bad it was and I guess "substantial" answers that question. I didn't know PR had motility - does it or is that something else?

in References it mention mycoplasma pulmonus and babesia rodhaini but I have no idea if it suggests I have those infections or what.

The next page says, "Rare erythrocytes displaying basophilic stippling" .

Under references it says, "factors associated with the rapid emergence of zoonotic bartonella infections. . . . Then Outbreaks of Hemotrophic Mycoplasma infections in China.. . . Molecular and enrichment studies by Fry Laboratores show that these organisms could be Protozoal, Phylum unknown".

I don't understand that. Does anyone know what it means?

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing some searching.
Erythrocytes - red blood cells
Basopholic - dye
Stippling - small dots.

Characteristic of lead poisoning. Anything else?

Lost here.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd recommend calling the lab and asking them...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

When I spoke with the lab tech to find out if the test results had been sent to the doctor he told me they had and I would have to get the results from him. He could not give me any information. They can get into trouble "diagnosing" especially on the telephone.

This is how bad the doctor is: I have used him to treat lyme but he never researched ANYTHING or even read any of the literature I gave him. He relied completely on me to tell him what I needed/wanted and he never even offered to give me blood tests to check my liver/kidneys. I had to tell him to give me the tests and then call for the results.

I had to do it all as if I was the physician. As he gives you whatever you request I got LDN from him and so did my son. My daughter went to him for something else. He never called the scripts in to the pharmacy. After a month, having called several times and getting no response, I called the office and told the receptionist I would be in to pick up the hand written script.

She was very rude and told me the pharmacy had to call them - I said it was a new script so the pharmacy would not be calling. When she accused me of trying to get the same script from two different doctors, I got irritated. She hung up on me 3 times.

This doctor has had his license revoked in the neighboring state probably for giving out cards for medical marajuana, soo he is on the hot seat and I believe he has been trying to get rid of me. Last year when I had the PCR test, I had to call them 3 times to get the results and they never sent a copy. This means I have to find another doctor. There is no LLMD for 500 miles.

There are other people like me that either can't afford a LLMD or cannot travel to one because it is too far. We have to rely on other people helping us figure out what to do.

I thought this test would give specific results. It was $595. I don't even know what it means except I have substantial bio-film. How much is substantial? I don't know if I have any other pathogens like toxoplasmosis or whatever.

How much does it take to find out? It can kill me or you or the next person - so it is beyond frustrating.

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I will call the lab just to see if they can tell me or suggest what tests to take that can. Of course I need a doctor to prescribe those tests. . . . .

--------------------

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't help, but I had a Fry test done, after I had treated Lyme and Bart w/ antibiotics-

My test did not mention ANY pathogens, and had a tiny blip colored, and only stated: low positive for biofilm.
Literally, that's all it said.

I wonder if you could fax your result to a treating LLMD, like Dr. C who has treated protomyxzoa, or the Dr. M the big Bart Dr. who treats protomyxzoa,

and then pay for a phone consult with them analyzing it and giving suggestions.

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise's idea is a good one. Dr M is really good at this stuff. Your results were similar to mine, and we have had very different symptoms, so I am also confused.

I think your test is also recommending that you get another test to drill down, so to speak, to see if you have FL1953 show up.

"PCR testing for putative FL1953 is suggested for follow up confirmation"

I never did the additional testing to see if my "protozoal infection" was actually FL1953. Dr M (my doc at the time) did not suggest it.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprise's idea is a good one. Dr M is really good at this stuff. Your results were similar to mine, and we have had very different symptoms, so I am also confused.

I think your test is also recommending that you get another test to drill down, so to speak, to see if you have FL1953 show up.

"PCR testing for putative FL1953 is suggested for follow up confirmation"

I never did the additional testing to see if my "protozoal infection" was actually FL1953. Dr M (my doc at the time) did not suggest it.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

That is a good idea except most of these doctors won't do a phone consultation until you have seen them once in person. If they would, I would have a consultation with F himself.

I called the lab and was told they don't interpret results. They said if I had any questions my doctor could speak with Dr. Fry. That would be great if my doctor had any motivation to actually help me but he doesn't. He was sitting on these test results for two weeks before I called the lab and found out he had them.

I was positive on the PCR test last year, so I have PR, that is for sure, and the biofilm is "substantial". Organisms displaying motility were observed. Does PR move around or does it just attach itself to the red blood cells - or both.

The only other blood abnormality they saw was the erythrocytes displaying basophilic stippling. She said the references are put on everyone's test and do not pertain to me personally. I thought this was probably the case.

From what I can find online red blood cells with stippling indicate lead poisoning. In 2010 Dr S in SF tested me for metals and although he did not want to do lead, I got it anyway to be sure because I have worked with stained glass. I was ok. He told me the kind of lead you use making stained glass is not going to get into your body.

Could the stippling also be parasites like babesia? I have Dr. S' book. Maybe I can find something in there.

What a waste of money. I was hoping to get down to the nitty gritty of exactly what I am dealing with - do I have anything else like mycoplasma or toxoplasmosis? I still don't know. I guess I should have just gotten PCR testing for those other infections instead of pictures of UFO's!

--------------------

nefferdun
Member # 20157

I read red stippling indicates malaria - protozoa parasite. Blue stippling indicates lead poisoning.

The copy of the test I got is such bad quality I can hardly see it and can't really tell what color it is.

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That totally sux, Neff... I used to live in Montana so I know how limited doctor options are there...

I think I'll send you a PM with a couple of options...

Edited to add: PM sent...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try calling the lab and asking for DEFINITIONS of the words used in the report---not asking for an INTERPRETATION, just how the words are defined.

That would be a good place to start.

Another resource for this is onelook.com, which gives definitions for words, and often includes a section with links to specialized definitions, like medical ones (in this case).

This has really helped me out many times!

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement