LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone treating with silver?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone treating with silver?
gigimac
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious to know if anyone has had success with silver?

A week ago I was quite ill with an unknown cause. The abx weren't helping so I tried silver and I started feeling better. I can't be sure it was the silver that helped but it seemed like it did.

Has silver helped anyone? What does it kill?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it helps. My 2 LLMD's told me to take it with abx and anti-parasitics. It is supposed to boost immune system, kill all viruses and break through biofilm.
Posts: 697 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nhlymeguy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nhlymeguy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took it for a while in the spring...I don't know if it's biofilm or what, but I was passing lots it. Looked like egg whites (yellowish) and tons of mucus...I know it's gross...sorry.
Posts: 222 | From NH | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been afraid of turning silver, but would like to try a good product.

Which one do you take?

--------------------
Herbal Treatments for Lyme and Co-Infections:
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gmb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had it on my list to try also. My search here recommended Sovereign Colloidal Silver or Argentyn Silver.

I just ordered the Sovereign from the Vitamin Shoppe

gmb

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canadianmama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canadianmama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had good luck with this one for the whole family. Tiny doses have cleared throat infections and more.

My son with lyme, however herxed very badly from it, and now I only use it on him in very lose doses if he tests energetically for it, which isn'v very ofter.

Posts: 372 | From british columbia | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all.

I may eventually try it.

Only so much money.

--------------------
Herbal Treatments for Lyme and Co-Infections:
http://buhnerhealinglyme.com
http://www.tiredoflyme.com/the-cowden-protocol-for-lyme-disease.html http://www.sinomedresearch.org http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we are using it. I ordered from SilverLungs and was very impressed with their product, documentation, and support. Their instructions for making your own worked perfectly.

We have a been a few weeks at max dose, and had herxing when we had gotten to point that there were none on three antibiotics. That told us we were getting at things the antibiotics weren't. THis makes sense since there was a very good research paper recently that showed silver can increase the effectiveness of antibiotics and has intrinsic killing properties itself.

The herxes are decreasing and the good days are getting better.

We ramped up slowly and stopped when herxes got too much. We would restart within the week and then ramped up once herxes were mild.

The key is to make (or buy) high quality silver using material from a high quality supplier and follow directions to the T. There are a few good books on the subject from Amazon.

Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VV
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you guys taking it?
Posts: 922 | From Philadelphia | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BobG, You said,

"We have a been a few weeks at max dose, and had herxing when we had gotten to point that there were none on three antibiotics."

Are you taking antibiotics with the silver or just the silver?

I don't know if my silver is weak but I haven't herxed badly.

I am taking Silver Biotics.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/american-biotech-labs-silver-biotics-10-ppm-16-fl-oz-liquid

It is only 10 ppm but it is supposed to have a high bioavailability and super small nano particles that penetrate better, or something like that.

Anyone know if this is a decent kind?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I herxed big time on just 1/2 teaspoon on the very first day. I could not even lift my head. It gradually wore off during the following days.

I ended taking it for 6 months without any herxing, just typically daily migrating symptoms. It did not resolve anything for me & I did not turn blue.

I may take another stab at it real soon.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we have continued on the antibiotics for Bb and Bart. They are Gram negatives. I don't know what it does for Babs, but it also may assist those antibiotics for it as well.

One of the books I have refers to a Lyme protocol of 100 mL of 20 ppm for a month or so. We have decided to do a max dose of 25 mL for three months then ramp down to 5 mL (1 teaspoon) for the remainder of treatment. Some research indicates lower doses of antibiotics for longer can be more effective than higher doses for a short period of time. So we are taking that approach to silver.

See very good paper:

Sci Transl Med 19 June 2013: 
Vol. 5, Issue 190, p. 190ra81 
Sci. Transl. Med. DOI: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3006276
• RESEARCH ARTICLE
MICROBIOLOGY

Silver Enhances Antibiotic Activity Against Gram-Negative Bacteria

Posts: 360 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

PS. To be clearer, our plan is to continue on the silver for three months after we stop antibiotics (@ 1 teaspoon).
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

To all considering it, making it is much much cheaper than buying it.
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I treated aggressively for 5 1/2 years and got myself in remission, when I had a surgery for something totally unrelated, my symptoms started coming back.

My LLMD has me on the herbal route this time and with some of those, he added in ACS200 Extra Stength Silver.

I've noticed it helping with other things as well, so I definitely believe there may be something to this. Good luck.

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

tdtid

In credible that surgery could cause it to come back. Your immune system must have been holding it in check.

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BobG - Why did you choose SilverLungs over SilverPuppy or the Sota Instruments unit? Do you think it is better to breathe the silver in rather than to ingest it?
Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

I didn't do extensive research on comparing products and it is a little hard to do. I'm sure there a number of good outfits that are capable of producing quality material.

Breathing is able to take better advantage of the smaller size although Silver Lungs suggests mixing their two preparations. The first is the pure ionic form (clear)- smallest size, that is used for breathing. This can be mixed with the colloidal (gold) form for breathing. The colloidal form is the only one that should be taken orally. It has larger particle size. Different sizes may have different effectivness for different organisms and different parts of the body. So I would recommend doing oral and breathing. The pure ionic form is not protected from stomach acids and HCL, but it can be more effective too. You do not want to form too much of the AgCl. This is what got BlueMan in trouble, but if you read his case, he was drinking absolutely huge quantities of AgCl (a salt) a day over several years.

THe colloidal form has larger particles but because its charge is more protected by having multiple silver ions attracted to each other. THus, it is less likely to form AgCl.

All I can say is I've really liked the SilverLungs product. It stops automatically at 20 or 10 ppm. The documentation was clear, and it worked exactly as they said it would. As an engineer, I could tell it was a really well thought out product.

gigimac
Member # 33353

Anyone else use Silver Biotics or know if it is any good? How much should one take of the 10 ppm?
ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using sovereign and herx ! Argentyn 23 and Sovereign are often used by LLMDs. Willie Burgdorfer advocated silver !! Over ABX!!!

I started with 1/2 tsp and could barely function for two months. I am not at 2/3 tsp daily along with herbs. It is getting more tolerable. You still need probiotics !

I read at different lyme sites very positive stories with silver . Read 8man12's story - it got him back to having a life again.
It can definitely be made cheaply at home , but one has to be certain to create the nano silver particles. The small particles are very safe! You can find silver generators at amazon .

Google :" lyme disease colloidal silver improvement " I found many positives at different lyme boards .

There are others here who use it . I am not nea the therapeutic dose yet at all. I was in shock how severe the herx was !!!!

Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ms dixie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ms dixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using sovereign and herx ! Argentyn 23 and Sovereign are often used by LLMDs. Willie Burgdorfer advocated silver !! Over ABX!!!

I started with 1/2 tsp and could barely function for two months. I am not at 2/3 tsp daily along with herbs. It is getting more tolerable. You still need probiotics !

I read at different lyme sites very positive stories with silver . Read 8man12's story - it got him back to having a life again.
It can definitely be made cheaply at home , but one has to be certain to create the nano silver particles. The small particles are very safe! You can find silver generators at amazon .

Google :" lyme disease colloidal silver improvement " I found many positives at different lyme boards .

There are others here who use it . I am not nea the therapeutic dose yet at all. I was in shock how severe the herx was !!!!

Posts: 153 | From Huntsville Al | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im using nutrasilver. its 3,600 ppm. Just started a few days ago. The beginning recommended dosage for Lyme gave a strong herx so I cut back to to half of the dose. Now up to full speed. Nutrasilver says that once you feel well you have to keep on a maintence dose, less drops only 2 xd instead of three.
here is their website. www.nutrasilver.com
Ive been impressed with their morgellon's treatments and now quite a few docs that try to treat morgellons use this product. Not to say success with morgellons reflects success for lyme and co infections but it does demonstrate that the product really gets deep into the physiology.
When Im done with their intital protocol I plan to move primarily to ozone therapy and will use the silver when I travel or cant use the ozone.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone think it has any effect on bartonella? I have used it for acute infections like eye and my cat's fungal infection, but it felt like it needed to be used topicaly to have effect. I felt like it was destroyed by stomach acid.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has never been any indication that CS is destroyed by stomach acid and I have never read any such precautions. What makes you think this CD57?
Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was just a feeling, like it never made it in systemically.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

CD57
Member # 11749

BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Pure ionic silver (clear solution) will combine with stomach acid HCL to form the salt form, which is undesirable. The colloidal form (gold amber color) is more resistant to stomach acid.
CD57
Member # 11749

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

The kind of CS that I use is dark gold at a 3,600 ppm. its called Nutrasilver. I've started a 6 week protocol of it 3xd, this past week. I have definately had herx on it.
CD57
Member # 11749

Up anything new on this. Do people feel like it gets to CNS?
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

I cant say if it gets to the CNS but I have read strong testimonials in the past that it does.

I had a dark field live blood analysis done after being on nutrisilver for 7weeks. It definatley kills spirochetes. I used enzymes to break open the cysts. None were seen in this exam and I feel a whole lot better. I dont know if twiches are neuro or not but I suspect they are. I have no more twitching anywhere.

I dont think the silver helped with parasites.

Mystictreeoflife
Member # 42943

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystictreeoflife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son and I have taken IV CS and colloidal gold for 13 months. I think CS can be a piece of the solution. Our doc says it helps w Lyme and Bart. Not really babs.

I've heard that since the above referenced paper has come out, LLMDs have been trying to figure out CS protocols.

More than its antimicrobial properties, I like the immune system boost it gives. we actually feel better after an infusion.

Also, gold has been extensively used to treat arthritis, so we may feel better from that.

Posts: 18 | From Maine | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

CS will not work to optimum or perhaps as anticpated unless you use a cyst buster before you take it, one hour previously to administration of CS, either orally or by IV.

CS cannot penetrate the cyst. This must be a part of the protocol, IMHO. ditto for any anti-microbial that you may feel is killing the spirochetes. It will work much much better with a cyst buster in the protocol because each dose will get to more pathogens.

Enzymes are called for. My doc uses marcozymes and he sells them through the mail from his clinic, and no, he does not price gouge the products he believes in. 3 to 5 tablets required one hour before the antimicrobial is taken.

Other docs use serrapeptase, and I use that too but its the marcozymes that have proved to break the cyst. We know serrapeptate is is good for biofilm but Im unsure about rupturing cysts. Anyone know for sure?

I've also heard that Grapefruit seed extract will break the cyst but I dont know the details on that, who recommends it and how much to take. anyone know?

Im glad to hear that your doc, Mystictreeoflife, thinks CS will get Bart.

I myself am unsure of this for I have been on CS for 3 months now and the sore feet have diminished but have continued on. Finally some progress with that with my rife machine.

I agree that it doesn't get Babesia. CS is primarily for bacteria not parasites. I have seen no change in my parasite load on CS.

The benefits of CS is that bacteria will not mutate against it, or become resistant. Nor will it cause fungal infections or allergy. Nor will it damage the liver or kidneys. The kill is direct and immediate to the pathogen.

But without a cyst buster you may be on it as long as any antibiotic may have been requried.

[ 12-26-2013, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Carmen ]

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

PS - for MS Dixie - if you have strong herx from CS use a coffee enema just before you take and then an hour or two after.

Coffee enemas push the liver to detox and they will also relieve headaches and boost energy, just the way a cup of coffee does.

You can also take stuff like chlorella, clay and pectin to absorbe the toxins in the gut so they are not reabsorbed into the blood stream. When I started CS I was quite weak and dizzy and unable to think, being short of breath increased. Take all this just before the silver because silver works fast.

Now I know better and use coffee enemas, but now, overall dont need them as much unless I go after parasties.

BobG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39642

Hi Carmen

I have thought about cysts and biofilm and CS.

What you say about cysts makes sense but is there more information somewhere about this?

Bob

CD57
Member # 11749

What is a marcozyme Carmen?

Also not sure that CS works on Bart. I have not experienced improvement but perhaps it was the kind of CS .. It was ACS200. Seeing all these different PPM, some as low as 10 and as high as 3600, makes me wonder. Anyone have a clue?

Also IV woukd seem a better delivery than oral. I'm just not sure how much gets into blood, makes contact with actual pathogens, and gets intracellular bugs. I have seen it clear up topical stuff and it helped with an acute virus, but not sure about these bugs in nooks and crannies.

Anyone know about this or the PPM thing?

TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a good day, but think I'll take the energy to 2nd what CD57 said. I have also used ACS200 and it doesn't seem to touch Bart. It does seem somewhat effective against borrelia, though.

I think Carmen even hinted to this being the case for her according to her 2nd dark field analysis.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

I can assure you that even the lower ppm gets into the blood and kills the spirochetes. My neighbor used a 20ppm. and now two years down the road he still appears lyme free, but of course not without the damages that 20 years of lyme brought to him.

I am not sure that IV is a better system. In one case of treating MS I know of, IV seemed better. I think that if I had severe CNS issues I would seek IV but I would not disregard oral on the days that IV is not done and due to costs many cannot continue on IV for very long. You need to keep that anti-microbial in the blood continously.

If lyme is very imbedded treatment may take quite I while I am guessing. Although my lyme appears gone I will continue for 6 months at least with oral application.

I have tried to purchase marcozyme but you must be a health professional to do so. being a nurse is sufficient. As I said my clinic will mail them to you and you dont have to be a patient.

They come from Marco Pharma Interantional in Roseburg, Oregon

They are enteric coated. Recommended dosage is 2 to 5 tablets a day. My doc has be take 3, 3 times a day between meals and one hour before my CS and any other anti-microbial I may be on. I think they can help with detox of parasites after they die too.
5 tablets contains:

Pancreatin 4x 1225mg
Papain 300mg
Bromelain 300mg
Rutin 300mg
Typsin 125mg
Chymotrypsin 10mg
Magnesium Aspartate 10mg

Regarding the bugs in nooks and cranies.. I think you just have to keep the antimicrobial in your system until they eventually die off or come out of hiding. It may take a long time...

and its the same reason people are on antibiotics for years, unless their disease has become resistent to them. I think CS is a safer option overall for your health and the enzymes will speed things along somewhat.

I have a CS maker but I just dont trust what Im producing for this disease. I have no way to test it for potency etc... so I go with a professional product, or rather a product used by professionals.
Im thinking I will do a CD57 test this summer to see where I stand. That will mark one year since I might have been infected.

CD57
Member # 11749

I just hope it gets Bart. I have no dispute re getting the Lyme; I know it does. Spirochetes are much larger than Bart bacteria I believe so its an easier target.

Woukd like to hear more re CS and the confections. Glad you are seein improvement Carmen!

I just talked to the founder of Nutrasikver who says his product gets Bart. Or, the way he put it was, silver doesn't care what it's killing. He refers to a these bugs under the umbrella of Lyme as "Lyme" so I had to ask him several times if his product really woukd hit Bart. He said the difference is the nano particle size...at 3600 ppm it's extremely tiny...much more so than the ACS200 we have used, TNT.

j77
Member # 42716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody have an opinion as to what degree colloidal silver kills beneficial organisms in the body?
Posts: 58 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

All that I can say is that Ive been a long term user of it , on an off, and certainly not like I am doing now and I have never noticed a problem.

Antibitotics gave me candida long before silver and probably other bowel issues that I've had to contend with like illietus and chronic constipation.

Ive heard of no reports of bowel dysfunction, c-dif or any other types of overgrowths or mutations or resistant infections coming to those who use silver. Nor does it promote kidney dysfunction or liver challenges. Dr Gerry Gordon, a longevity specialist says that it will kill friendly bacteria too and he recommends probiotics. Nor have I ever heard of it causing diarrhea the way antibiotics can.

I'm of the position that if you eat a good supply of raw foods it will not be a problem. If you eat trash it may be, if you eat trash it may be regardless.

Most of the good flora in your gut comes in on the food you eat. Yogurt is not enough. Raw kiefer is much closer for it has hundreds of friendly bacteria if you have a good strain.

If you really want to know more about silver you might join one of the yahoo silver groups and talk to people who use it a lot. I did that in the beginning.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

I dont know about bart either CD57. I do know that my feet are starting to feel better.

Actually 3,600 refers to the concentration. the nanoparticle size of nutrasilver is 6 to 11 nanometers.

3,600 ppm can be diluted down to 20ppm if you want.

Here's my thought on Bart. Bart lives inside red blood cells, probably other places too. I don't think the silver can get into the RBCs very well. So you have to wait for the natural attrition of the cell. When the RBC dies and bart comes out, or even if if come out before that, that is when the silver must be present to get it...so an RBC can live for 180 days average, a healthy one at least... it may take a while of treatment.

As far as Babesia goes I may not figure that one out as Im thinking now that I probably dont have it or I really knocked it down fast. Ive only had one fever with all of this and no night sweats but a few hot nights in the beginning. The symptoms are quite confusing.

Id be more inclined to use rife and an herbal for that but if its there its getting hit with silver anyway.

CD57
Member # 11749

Yes, agree with you Carmen re the lifecycle of the RBC and having to wait it out. I think this is why tx with abx for bart takes so long also...it's also about waiting them out and preventing them from replicating.

I think babesia also lives in the RBC and endothelial tissues, which is why artemesinin helps ... it explodes the RBC that the babesia is in (which means in theory artemesinin should help with bart too?).

I found this old post from 2007 in regards to bart and Nutrasilver. Interesting.....

-------------------

I am one the testers for Nutrasilver.

With this silver treatment several of my symptoms got reduced (which is great news) but some didn't even budge. The resistant symptoms were: muscle pain of feet and hands (mainly dorsal parts) and eye pain (kind of ocular muscle pain- eyes are in pain when rolled). I assumed that I also had some coinfections with Bartonella or Babesia and the silver was unable to fight them. That is why I had these muscle pains.

But I think I was wrong...

A ND from Texas phoned me and suggested detoxication with magnesium. I was supposed to increase my dose of magnesium to such a level that I would end up with 2-3 bowel movements per day. I used nothing special, some Magnesium oxide I found in my kitchen cabinet - some leftovers from better times.

I took about 1600 mg of magnesium + 1 multivitamin per day and MAGICALLY within just 24-48 hours some of muscle pain did go away. I mean 70% improvement. Particularly the pain in dorsal parts of hand and feet is gone 100%. There is still some residual pain in left eye and some in fingers and toes but I have been taking magnesium just for a few days and I know I should give it more time.

Just to see things in perspective, I had these muscle pains for over a year so I can hardly think that it was a random improvement.
It must be because of magnesium. Also I doubt that a detoxication was taking place because I have never reached the magnesium level so I could have more than one 1 bowel movement per day. The dose of magnesium I take is still too low for that.

At this point I realize that I was terribly deficient with magnesium and it was blocking my recovery ... phew!

I should also add that my doctor tested me for level of Mg in blood several times during the last year and it was always normal.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement