LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Alternative Lyme Treatment (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Alternative Lyme Treatment
patches10025
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patches10025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a DMSA challenge test many years ago which showed no heavy metals although I had some amazing reactions to the test with first a clearing, like my brain unfroze and I had clarity for a few hours, then anxiety and depression for at least five weeks.

I stupidly forgot about this episode until a Dr. K practitioner used ART on me and told me I had lead and another metal, not mercury.

Recently I went to a ND who said my episode showed that there was a blockage in getting rid of the metals on the test and he also thought that metals might be keeping me from detoxing properly and getting rid of the Lyme and co-infections.

He likes Chelex. Hence I am now on it and finally feeling improved cognitive and a a little more energy. It is early to yet conclude but I am optimistic.

Posts: 254 | From Westchester, NY | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmen - our EDS practitioner believes that RA is due to EBV. EBV often goes along with chronic lyme b/c the immune system is in trouble. My 6 year old daughter got RA last fall when she was reinfected with lyme and parasites. We healed it through remedies from our EDS practitioner and also using the DR. K lyme cocktail.

We have since been using the CD protocol by Kerri Rivera and have seen it is VERY successful with viruses. When we visited our practitioner after taking it for 3 months, none of us tested as having any viruses, which was remarkable for us. Normally, she would find EBV, CMV and a few others. So this would be another way to tackle the RA, if EBV is the cause.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EBV virus. eh? It could be I guess.

A number of years ago I ran into someone who's daughter had chronic fatigue, so bad she couldn't work for over year. Her doc told her she had two variants of EBV. She did mms for about 2 weeks and she felt fully well and about 6 months later her mom reported that she continued to be well.

There is an herbal reported to be quite helpful for EBV. called monobrex. I gave it to my son when he had mono... along with everything else in my book so its hard to say just what worked. He went from tonsils so swollen he couldn't swallow at all on day one to snow boarding on day 7. We did use prednisone for 2 days to bring the swelling down so he could drink and take his medicines.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would the Chelex be helpful for someone with the MTHFR mutations?
Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Ive been looking into treating Rouleaux and this is what I found. Im already doing ozone. This week I am actually feeling better, decreased pain, decreased neuro symptoms, but along with it my shortness of breath has increased with activity which is concerning.

I could easily do Im injections of Ozone but Im kind of chicken because I heard that ozone can be quite painful into the muscle or subcutainous tissue without procaine applied first. I wonder if my doc would trust me to give me some.

Rouleaux – sticky red blood cells

When red blood cells stack together, it is often an indication of inflammation in the body. Conditions that cause rouleaux include acute and chronic infections, inflammatory and connective tissue disorders, chronic liver disease, and cancers such as myeloma. Rouleaux also sometimes occurs in people who have diabetes and can cause small blood vessels in the eyes to become damaged, causing diabetic retinopathy. Patients receiving intravenous therapy with high molecular weight fluids, such as fibrinogen, may also experience rouleaux. Others that may exhibit the condition include people suffering from allergies and those who have undergone severe trauma.
Treatment for rouleaux varies. Natural remedies, such as nutritional supplements, may work for some people. Some studies show that ozone therapy prevents rouleaux formation. In this type of therapy, a mixture of ozone and oxygen is administered by intramuscular injection, through the rectum, or intravenously. The intravenous route requires some of the patient's blood to be removed, treated with the oxygen and ozone mixture, and then reintroduced into the patient.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-rouleaux.htm

Keebler, do you know by what mechanism the Prickly Ash tincture works?

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

So here I am, 12 days into my protocol and Im feeling fairly well. Neuro symptoms stopped 2 days ago, no migrating pains anymore except in my hands. Appetite and sleep is good. I have a rash scattered across my back from the ozone sauna but not too bad. I think I will skip a day on that tomorrow but continue with ear insufflation. Im also doing mouth insufflation, something you wont find any reading material on as I just made it up. After watching Dr Shallenberger's videos on treating dental issues with ozone I said why not? I do believe that the ozone penetrates much further than most people think, even through bone. Anyway, my teeth feel better...

Initially when I started all the meds it seemed like my symptoms got worse, much worse...but still cant complain too much compared to what some here suffer. I had a few nights when It was hard to get to sleep due to pain and neuro symptoms. But all that is gone now.

My hands still hurt and swell during the night and a couple of fingers are like trigger fingers at least for part of the day. My neighbor had the same symptoms from his lyme and he thinks that permanent damage is done to joints sometimes and that it may never go away.

I have added three products to my protocol... Homepathic Lymphomyost and Galiumheel by HEEL homeopathics and Lyme Nosode Drops by Professional Complementary Health Formulas.. and that one surprised me. I had a dizzy spell within minutes of taking the nosode that lasted about 5 or 10 minutes. Each of these I take 3 x day.

The lymphomyosot is known for cleansing the lymph system and the galiumheel and Lymphomyosot together enhance nonspecific immune responses. Ive used these products before with good response in other issues in the past...nope, I didn't ask the doc to do this... I can be contrary that way.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

I didnt write yesterday, which was a stellar day as I had no symptoms except for stiffness in my hands so I was out in the garden doing lots of things to prepare the beds for winter.

Today Im regretting it! Perhaps I did too much! My hands really hurt and Im trying not to take a pain pill. The slightest bit of pain really depresses me and makes me feel like Im not progressing. Im going to dig around in my box of homeopathics to see if I have a remedy that might help.

[ 10-18-2013, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Carmen ]

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Ok went to the garage and dug up what inflammation and arthritis homeopathic meds I had stashed.. i have 3 different ones.

I ended up taking "BHI Arthritis" I took about 3 pills five minutes apart. Pain has reduced almost immediately to about 30% of what it was and the shooting pain down the wrist to the elbow and the shooting pains up the fingers went first. Stiffness signficantly decreased... so no pain pill for me today.

ozone therapy is suppose to get rid of Rouleaux so it seems Im on the right track for that for now.

There is a series of youtube videos of an interview of an MD who uses HEEL products (BHI is part of heel) and she says that it can help with a lot of the annoying symptoms of lyme. Not a cure but symptom mediation and control. she combines this with conventional medicine. Heel makes a little book for about $20 to help you select the remedies you might want to try. I purchase them on iherb.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Well, Id say that the benefits of the BHI arthritis was short lived. Frequently combo remedies of low potency do not have a lasting effect even with frequent repetiton.

I have been continuing with diligent ozone therapy every am and pm. I've included 6 plus grams of vitamin c, 70% lipsomal since my blood test showed I was signficantly deficient in vit c.

My most recent addition to my protocol started today with the Bob Beck Mag pulser. I finally found it in the storage building, and actually the last few days ive had enough energy to go looking for it.

I pulsed my arthritic hands, my teeth that scored poorly on the Ayrisa and which had been having some achiness, my liver to faciitate waking it up and detoxing. I just watched a youtube video this evening of a guy who was requireing dental surgery due to bad gum issues. He healing his mouth totally with the mag pulser. this testimony confirms that it does help with microbes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrMjiUi8WU0

There has been controversy about if the mag pulser could kill microbes. Bob Beck said that it could and that it was particularly good for deep seated stuff in joints and bones. Others say that it only stimulates the immune response by increaseing white blood cells.

Today was a great day, I know just a few days ago I said i was having a stellar day, but really, today I had enough energy to work in the garden for about an hour, drag hoses around, go to the forest to gather wood, come home and cook dinner.... Im feeling that I may be heading in the right direction.

Im still slighly prone to shortness of breath.

SusanH
Member # 40582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SusanH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my experience, the antibiotics are important for alleviating the acute symptoms. But other protocols will keep me healthy in the long run.

I am also one who believes we can never totally eradicate ourselves, just keep in remission. These spirochetes drill into our organs, cartilage, brain, hiding in places where blood isn't plentiful. We can never totally reach them.

They are a part of me, but I refuse to feed them. Rife is helping me and I believe in it.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say is Lymetutu's continued question about co-infectors is the most important concern, IMO. Without treating Bart, I would never be able to get well. And Bart has done much more damage to my body and mind than Lyme.

I likely have other co-infectors, as I believe we all do. The chance that an infectious tick (or whatever creature) has only one bacterium is too slim, IMO.

But since Bart and Babs aren't talked about in the media as much as Lyme, people don't realize it's equally and often more serious.

This is just my experience, and I'd love to know if I'm missing the mark.

Posts: 83 | From Sarasota, Fla | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Susan, what type of Rife machine do you have?
and what did you use for the Bart and Babs?

I can't say from experience that you are off the mark, but from my reading it sounds like you know what you are talking about.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Susan,

Agreed, it's so much more than just lyme. Be sure to see the discussion thread here. It's quite active:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

Topic: RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Regarding alternative treatments... Im lining up my next protocols pending results on my next dark field live blood analysis around Nov. 12.

Im looking closely at Rife and at MMS and I may do them in combination.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Well, my appointed go postponed until Nov. 27.

Meanwhile I have incorporated rife treatments as I was loaned a Prowave rife machine. I continue with CS, LMD-100, and ozone treatments. All this is just a stop gap measure to keep me on my feet until my real treatment starts.

With the ProWave I've been treating lyme, candida, sinus, and dental foci and running detox frequencies and toxin frequencies. I have had some herx. The neuro symptoms mostly are staying away and nothing near what they were in my first week of treatment with CS. All in all I feel pretty well. Whats bothering me lately is restless leg. Its not severe just bothersome and it does come and go.

Anyone understand what causes that?

Soon I will start working on heavy metals probably with a protocol I learned from Dr. H.

Meanwhile Ive found a real good rife machine, a GB4000 with MOPA which is being sent to me soon. Can't wait to start.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Hyperactivity of the nerve signals, excess toxicity, magnesium deficiency . . . each / all very common with lyme - the NMDA receptors are just having a wild party.

The brain also may need more / better fatty acids, more regularly (like every 8 hours). One tablespoon of coconut oil every 8 hours should help, according to one LLMD who presented at the recent ILADS conference (but I don't recall who said that, I think Dr. B).

What usually helps:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=123746;p=0

Topic: MAGNESIUM LINKS sets

Also "detoxing" too fast, not having enough liver / kidney support. [Although you are likely going at a proper pace, I add this for others, too.]

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, restless legs comes from candida/yeast. No problem as long as my yeast is not flaring.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Well, I do know that I have candida in my blood but dont know the status right now as Ive been treating it for a month now with three different medicines. I will know on Nov 27. I have had this symptom very mildly Im recalling now a few times over the years, but never lasting for weeks or even many hours.

If I was detoxing too fast wouldn't I be feeling real bad systemically? like fatigue and brain fog etc? Im not having that right now.

It could be a magnesium thing maybe, its on my list for my next order. I should do the coconut oil. Its sitting right on my counter everyday but I forget.

thanks..

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

oh, and what is a good magnesium malate product? I had found that brands make a difference. I use to use Progressive Labs but cant get that now. Any recommendations?

Guess I will go with the nutramedix.

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Carmen,

I use Kirkmann magnesium malate.

Kirkmann really tests their products and has excellent quality control.

The capsules are 1000 mg magnesium malate (250mg elemental mag).

Kirkmann products are shipped and sold in quantities of 3.

This magnesium malate is by far the best capsuled magnesium I have used.

[ 05-27-2014, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

thanks Greta. I just looked at that and think I wll try it.
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

My Lyme Protocol November 28 2013

I went to see Dr W yesterday and they did another dark field blood exam. No Lyme cysts were found which was good news and significantly less candida and it’s probably why I had been feeling better, with more energy.

But over all I thought my blood looked less healthy that previously. There were more parasites noted and the stacking of RBCs was extreme and spikes encircling the RBCs. Could most of this be detox stress?

There were also signs of liver stress with detox, showing as straight hair like filaments in the back round.

Bartonella was noted in the RBCs and other parasites as well, and then possibly Babesia but Babesia and some other things look almost a like so it was hard to tell. They were directly inside the RBCs. Other more common parasites abounded.

I am starting a product called Clarkia from Barlow’s herbs that is a tincture of Hulda Clark’s parasite herbs. I’m not sure about this formula for it contradicts what Clark says in how to use the herbs but started that night at 15 drops and proceeded to get an occipital headache and tight neck that kept me awake till past 3:30. I had to take a pain pill to get to sleep.

I am also adding a liver support product from Standard Process called Liverplex.

As well as B6Niacinamide from standard process
Continuing with LDM-100 , nutrasilver at 30drops 3 x day, magnesium, general vitamins, and the enzyme protocol.

Dr W said the enzymes I'm doing are just fine which I had modified to include Marcozyme 2 tablets, serrapeptase 80,000 spu and nattokinase 1500 fu, all 3 times a day given one hour before nutrasilver. This is the cyst busting protocol. Nutrasilver is the antimicrobial mop.

Clearly, Nutrasilver is not helping with common parasites. The only improvement seen is with the lyme and candida.

Dr W is recommending IV chelation. I think I will use Dr Gordon’s EDTA product at home instead due to cost. I think I need to detox more slowly anyway. Maybe an IV at the end of January. Next visit is planned for the end of January.

My new rife machine should this coming Wednesday and I will be able to more specifically target microbes. I noted that while in the office my Dr. had the ProWave rife available to his patients. Of course it will be forever unclear as to what is killing the Lyme, the rife or the silver, or both, but the ProWave machine cannot do sweeps, and has other limitations. I cannot add whatever frequencies to the mix that I would like to add. Im getting a GB4000 with MOPA.

Because the Hulda Clark tincture keeps giving me headaches Im taking that for meaning a successful kill that my liver is having a hard time detoxing. Im stopping the tincture for now, maybe a few days. I have added coffee enemas that get rid of the headaches quickly and I also feel an energy pick up from them. Of course that could merely be a results of the caffeine but coffee enemas have a long history of detox support in cancer curing protocols such as Gerson, Hoxey and of course Bernard Jenson was a huge promoter of them. Every naturopath I have ever known says they work so I’ll stick with them for a few days then try the Clarkia herbal tincture again. If I can’t do it without headaches I will be looking at the Nutramedix herbal detox tinctures for liver and kidney.

Im continuing to rife for Lyme and candida but Im going to hold back for Bart and Babesia till I get my detox issue in order.

I’m also ordering a photonic water structuring device. I think that this may help with detox more than anything else. It comes with a money back guarantee (90 days) so Im going to give it a go. I know of some folks who have had very good results with health issues after drinking structured water including lifelong eczema resolved as well as arthritis. I’m also hoping that it will address some of my dehydration issues. My RBCs were heavily stacked this time and I know I don’t drink enough and when I do my stomach always feels uncomfortable and bloated and it inhibits my appetite and then getting the 50 or 60 pills down a day becomes a big issue. Structured water is wetter water and crops that use the structuring devices in agriculture can reduce the amount of water by about 30%. Im hopping for the same.
www.photonicwater.com

[ 12-03-2013, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Carmen ]

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carmen,

That is a good idea to get the detox pathways open before hitting bart and babs.

I haven't used the Clarkia product you are using but I have done her protocol for parasites before.

One thing I found very helpful was following her advice regarding the use of chemicals in the home and on our bodies.

The one that made the biggest difference was swapping my laundry soap for a bit of borax and washing soda instead.

The chemicals from the laundry soap, on my clothes, on my skin, really affected me.

Another was switching to castille soap for shampoo, dishes, body wash and hand soap.

Less toxic stress on the body.
Just something to think about if you haven't already. [Smile]

Greta

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Ha Ha! yes Greta, I'm aware of the laundry soap. I make homemake laundry soap and sell it at the farmer's market.. mostly borax, washing soda and fels napha. Everything else that goes on me is Dr. Bronner for I fully trust those products. .. not many wierd chemicals in my house, not for many years now.

Does anyone have an opinon on whether to go after Bart or Babs first? and why?

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement