LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Samento and Banderol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Samento and Banderol
HateLyme
Member # 42492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HateLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have any experience taking Samento and Banderol? I started at 2 drops 2x/day and am adding a drop each day. Also, any idea how important it is to take it on an empty stomach? Many days I'm only wake 6 hours so the number of empty stomach hours are limited. Is taking them 1 hour after eating at night far enough away from food? I'm not awake any later after dinner.
Posts: 8 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have a good experience with them. Felt like I was just flaring bacteria as oppose to actually killing anything.

And I was on abxs at the time so if it were cyst busting I should have had noticeable herxes and then clearing.

The clearing never happened. Just constant symptom increase.

I think some things can just rile up the bacteria as oppose to really killing it.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you need to wait until 2 hours after meals and 1 hour before for these to be effective. Is there any way you could keep them at your bedside and take when you awaken at different times to space out?

That is what I do with my herbs. When I awaken at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom, I take my herbs.

I learned that Samento and Banderol could be taken together effectively from a good LLMD. His patients had very good success without separating them by a half hour as recommended.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the Cowden Support prog, timing is 30 mins before a meal or at least 2 hours after.

If you wake up regularly in the night, you could try premixing your early dose for then. Oh, i see that Dbpei has also said that,

The jury is still out as far as i am concerned, but many people in the Lyme herbal group on facebook have had big improvements through Cowden.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that if I am not hitting the right infection, I won't notice much.

Andrographis has anti-protozoa properties.

---just my 2 cents

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summer3
Member # 35286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summer3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I switched to herbs recently after being on heavy oral antibiotics for two years with no improvement. I was not expecting anything from herbs to be honest. I normally don't react to them at all and I thought they would be very weak compared to abx.

I've been on Mepron, Rifampin, Bactrim, Flagyl, etc. all in very high doses and had pretty severe herxes, but I've never needed to stop or back down on any abx treatment due to herxing.........not so with the Cowden herbs.

Last week (week 3 of taking herbs) I was getting incredibly sick and extremely uncharacteristically hopeless and depressed (which is a sign of herxing for me). I had to back down. I had a massive headache, vomiting, muscle pain, twitching, fever, exhaustion etc. I was taking Samento, A-BAB, Enula, Cumanda and rotating Quina and Banderol weekly.

Yesterday I stopped Samento, Cumanda and Banderol and went back to Quina which makes me feel better and gets rid of my persistent headaches.

I was shocked by the reaction. I have never herxed from the Buhner herbs and I was expecting these to work similarly.

I pre-mix and keep the glass of water near my bed. I take them away from food by 2 hours after eating or 30 minutes before. I think it is pretty important to take it on an empty stomach. I notice more of a reaction to it when I haven't eaten.

--------------------
http://www.lymepie.blogspot.com

Posts: 1129 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be good to know how long people have tried these herbs for. I do think that sometimes people give up on a treatment too soon, so it would be helpful to have a context.

I have been ill for nearly 40 years, have been on Cowden Support P since January. In most respects, I am not sure of improvements, but feel nothing will help me overnight and the one month of treatment for every year of illness idea also suggests that people need to try something for a while if they have been ill for any length of time. It is hard to do that though!

One symptom that DOES seem somewhat improved is stiff neck, so maybe the herbs ARE working gradually.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukcarry
Member # 18147

Cumanda and Houttuynia on Cowden S.P. may target Bartonella.....sounds as if you may still have it.
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sickofthepain, parasites are a major missing co infection, IMO. It was even stated at last years ILADS conference that parasites are the number one co infection. Once I started treating, I slowly started to get better. Parasites are everywhere. I think it's next to impossible not to get them.

I love animals too and will never give them up. We have to treat ourselves with anti parasitic herbs and meds, just like we do our animals. Animals live longer when when they are treated for parasites. IMO, humans too. Check out the book: Accidental Cure, by Dr. Simon Yu (fascinating book).

HateLyme, Cowden herbs are worth doing, IMO. I take my herbs separately before meals. I try to space them out 15 minutes apart. If you're sleeping that much, I would do what dbpei said (keep them by your bed).

I don't really know why they don't work for some people. It's possible that it could be due to protomyxzoa (FL1953). The herbs would have a hard time getting past the biofilm.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just starting Banderol and Samento. I looked on the Nutramedix website and the 1-oz bottle has 15 drops.

If I start at 4 drops and increase by 2 drops per day wouldn't this be super expensive? One bottle would only last a week.

My figures are probably wrong so please help?

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HateLyme
Member # 42492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HateLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's wrong. A bottle should last you about a month.
Posts: 8 | From Chicago, IL | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you HateLyme. The cost of Samento, Banderol, and probiotics will probably be my Christmas present.
Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HateLyme
Member # 42492

I goofed! I forgot that per my doctor's instructions, I'm not taking the "full dose." I'm only taking 10 drops 2x/day. If you work all the way up to 30 drops 2x/day the bottle will only last 10 days. Prices are better on Amazon than direct from Nutramedix. Good luck!
HateLyme
Member # 42492

I goofed! I forgot that per my doctor's instructions, I'm not taking the "full dose." I'm only taking 10 drops 2x/day. If you work all the way up to 30 drops 2x/day the bottle will only last 10 days. Prices are better on Amazon than direct from Nutramedix. Good luck!
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

HateLyme, I didn't see your message until now and ordered from Nutramedix's website this morning.

I called them first to see how many bottles I would need starting at 4 drops and increasing by 2 each day. I forgot I'm doing the drops twice a day.

I ordered 3 bottles of Samento and 2 of Banderol and will get a FREE bottle of Banderol for buying 4 or more bottles + I rec'd a 10% discount. Still $200.

I will def be ordering from Amazon next time. I don't like buying high-dollar supplements just because a doctor said to. If I can't take them I'm stuck with them.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement