LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Herx...has anyone ever experienced this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Herx...has anyone ever experienced this?
campermom
Member # 39856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for campermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went off the doxy for the summer and when I went back on...the main herx was a weird anxiety. Something that I do not have in real life. It caused me to shiver feel anxious. Icky feeling.

Last night I woke up about 1/2 hour after I went to bed and I was shaking and shivering and had a weird anxiety. It lasted about 1/2 hour. I am not anxious about anything. This is not the first time this has happened since I went back on the meds. Ceftin and Doxy.
I am too afraid to take the planquinil.

Anyway, That has been my main reaction...anxiety and the shivering thing. Also anxiety during the day.

When I was really sick with Lyme before diagnosis, I had a anxiety about nothing problem but that cleared up after on the meds.

Has anyone had anything like this. It just makes me feel better to know others who go through the things I do. Thanks much.

Posts: 53 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have the shivering again you should take your temperature. Chills and sweats are a symptom of babesia. I remember once hubby had shaking chills and his temperature went up 3 or 4 degrees in about 15 minutes. Since his normal body temp at the time was around 96.8 or so if I remember correctly his high temp was still only 99 point something so of course a regular doc would say he did not have a fever. And I don't think he had any sweating with that episode -- just the chills.

But the waking up at night sounds a lot like babesia to me.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
campermom
Member # 39856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for campermom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I will check that out. The test I took said that I had Babesia in the past but did not have it now. Maybe it came back.
Posts: 53 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia is very hard to kick.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Campermom-was it an IgG positive for babesia, and the doc told you it wasn't a current infection?

Did you ever treat babesia or did the doc just go by the IgG IgM results for it?

I am sorry you are going through that. The shivering very much souns like babesia.

Do you have an LLMD to ask?

I get some of the anxiety also when I wake up in the early hours of the morning, but I don't get the shivers.

Best wishes
Greta

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticktox
Member # 6739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticktox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
campermom, anxiety is also a common Babesia symptom. It is clear that you still have active Babesia.
Posts: 57 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get anxiety with my Babs herxes.
Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got anxiety with lyme...especially early morning anxiety with the shaking for no reason...nothing to be anxious about

i got suicidal treating bart with rifampin-not sure if that is relevant

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement