LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ozone Treatment for Dental Cavitations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozone Treatment for Dental Cavitations
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone had ozone treatment for dental cavitations? I saw a dentist in NJ who seems to be the guru on this treatment and would like to hear about your experiences.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have info but am looking for a dentist that does this. I am in NJ - would you mind pm'ing me the name of the Dentist? Thanks. DW
Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done.
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
undiagnosed22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undiagnosed22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

I have had ozone treatment for cavitations but havent noticed a major difference. I also had ozone treatment in my sinuses though and have seen HUGE improvement from it. Maybe I havent had enough ozone in cavitations...not sure. Anyways, I am seeing that NJ dentist that you speak of on Monday!!! Would you mind posting or pm'ing me your experience? Thanks so much!!

Posts: 200 | From Boston | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've read, cavitations are related to hypercoagulation, as the blood cannot circulate well and part of the bone dies.

I replied to you earlier about this.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=126080;p=0

If you're not able/willing to try systemic enzymes, look into using pulsed electromagnetic field therapy on your jaw.

A device like the SOTA Magnetic Pulser is FDA approved, and will improve bone healing.
The magnetic pulses adjust the electric charge on the cell walls, which improves the transport of oxygen and nutrients into the cells.

The mitochondria in the cells get the nutrients they need to make energy, and the cells are able to heal.

I can point you to vendors with good prices, and also a homemade version.
This is SO MUCH cheaper than doctor's appointments and meds, and the device can be used anywhere you have pain.

I am very pleased with it.

[ 11-07-2013, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Carol in PA ]

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Thank you Carol. But I cannot use this device because of my dental implant. I contacted the company and discussed with them. I was told that it could cause some problems with any metal implants.

I would love to use it otherwise. [Frown] I bet it would help my tinnitus as well. Too bad.

dbpei
Member # 33574

But I would like to give the systemic enzymes another try. I will discuss with my LLND in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the reminder.
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My doctor did those ozeone injections on me about 5 years ago. First he treated the real bad cavitations with surgery (with the help of a surgeon, of course), but then he moved to use ozone injections on other less bad teeth.

These are less invasive, but I suspect that they are only a temporary solution. Well, my lyme got dormant, so I do not think of still treating cavitations now. I still didn't do anything after those ozone injections.

My doc follows dr. K's treatments. I don't know if he learned that with dr. K or if he is using ozone on his own.

He was happy with it (very easy to do, even though you need to return a few times to get new injections).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpei, I just googled for PEMF metal implants and found information that says there's no problem.

"PEMF is 100% compatible with all foods, drugs, supplements, and artificial joints/metal implants."
http://www.forresthealth.com/imrs-pemf-mat.html

"Do not use with implanted electronic devices.
Dental work, and metal implants are okay."
manuals.whnlive.com/PEMF/PEMFUsageGuide_v2.pdf

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Wow, Carol! Thanks for sharing this info! It was the SOTA PEMF machine that I was told not to use anywhere in vicinity of my dental implant when I called the company.

SOTA was only around $400, probably a lot cheaper than the machine offered by forrest health. Do you know how much the PEMF device is?

I will save this site! It sounds wonderful and I know that PEMF treatment has helped some with tinnitus. It may even help to heal damaged nerves with hearing loss.

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

This vendor offers the SOTA Magnetic Pulser for less than 300, plus a $20 rebate.

http://www.healingrainbows.com/catalog/item/3324230/4065443.htm

Here is a vendor who sells a version he makes himself.
He has a cheaper "scratch and dent" one too.
http://discountzappers.com/MagneticPulser.html

Here are two lists of studies done with PEMF.
These lists are just astounding.

Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy and Pain
http://www.earthpulse.net/pain.htm

PEMF Scientific Studies
http://pemfforlife.com/pemf-scientific-studies

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a sota mag pulser and it is effective but to me not as effective as using mms as a mouth wash.... but perhaps I didnt do it for long enough. I started to get headaches from it.. but maybe that was pathogens getting stirred up or kicked in the butt. Perhaps a herx, but anyway I stopped.

I also put ozone gas directly onto my gums and let it flow between the teeth. A treatment session takes me about 5 minutes. Use gamma of about 30. Close the glottus at the back of the throat so the gas does not go into your lungs. Its working quite well.

There are now dentist who treat cavities with ozone gas, applied to the drilled hole before laying in the filling. This is a very good process and I highly recommend it. They are calle Biomemetic dentists and you can google it and they have a link to find a doc in your area.

But there is also the injecion of ozone gas into the gums to attack foci of infection in the root and surrounding tissues. Ozone gas can penetrate dentin by 1 mm and pulp by 2mm. Dr Shallenburger in Nevada does this injection work and he had been busy teaching others how to do it. The ozone is preceded with procain, which is like novacain so you dont really feel anything. A series of treatments is requried if there is signficant infection present.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

My dentist is going to be doing a combination of ozone injections as well as using a concoction in my ears, and allowing me to breathe in to heal the lungs. He said that it would need to be done in stages over the course of 6 - 12 weeks and that my infected jaw bone would be the last stage of treatment.

My dentist also teaches this to other dentists so I believe I am working with one of the best. I will post my experience to share with others. It is a big sacrifice for me - financially and time wise. But my symptoms are worsening. So I pray this helps me.

The good thing about ozone is that it kills bacteria, fungi, parasites and more. I may never know what it is that has made its home in this part of my body (sinus, jaw, auditory canal...), but hopefully, the ozone will kill it while boosting my immune system and making me feel better at the same time.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dbpie, I suggest that you support what he is doing by doing mms mouthwashes at home. Please let us know what an injection session costs.

What do you mean by a concoction in your ears? you mean ozone gas?

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

I think he mixes olive oil with ozone of some type and inserts in the ears. But I am going on memory of what was discussed at my visit. so I will know more once I have the treatment.

I will PM you with more info.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

It's not necessary to bubble ozone through olive oil to do the ears. Some people do put a humidifier in the line though... one of those standard bubblers like you see on oxygen concentrators. Ozone, like oxygen can be very drying.

Bubbling though olive oil is used for inhalation into the lungs.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lyme doc said each ozone injection costs pennies (about 2 dollars each, including procaine), so if your dentist is charging a lot, it is not for the injection!

The device for application cost about 2,000 dollars (I asked my lyme doc).

I hope your cavitations disappear!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

I started treatment this week. The injections are not easy (they hurt!) but I do feel some changes happening.

The dentist gave me two big injections of procaine with homeopathics and herbs/vitamins in my jaw before starting the ozone injections, which were done in several places in my skull and neck. There were also injections made in my jaw.

The entire time, I was breathing in oxygenated ozone through some nose tubes. At the end of my session, I had ear insufflation of ozone with something that was almost like a stethoscope, but pressurized to stay in my ears. That part was easy and I liked it because I have had so many auditory problems with this illness.

I hope that there will be a cumulative effect over time with the ozone treatment. It is not easy going through these sessions, but I am trying to be brave because I want to zap whatever it is that is hiding out in my head and neck.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Hey dppei, injections are NOTHING compared to a whole cavitation procedure : open wounds, exposed jawbone, drilling inside your jaw, weeks to get back eating well, risk of infection, then finding a solution for replacement that is not metalic nor toxic, and any solution will cost you thousands for each tooth.

So injections are a piece of cake, even if you have to take a dozen or more. That's my own experience with both procedures.

But I didn't have to go through the neck injections. I suppose he's doing some sort of neural therapy with you too?

I wish you good luck, anyway!

dbpei
Member # 33574

I can't imagine going through the jaw surgery. It must be horrible. Thanks for reminding me of how much easier I have it, Brussels [Wink] I can take a little pain compared to all of that!!
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't had big tooth problems but I have dealt with some. If they inject ozone - isn't it just temporary? I can imagine that there are many parasites & pathogens that can be harbored in the jaw & gums.

What about anti-parasite treatments?

Also, if you can't use magnets, how about infrared light? The LightWorks or other LED device may help. I heard about a lady who was going to have to get her foot amputated due to diabetes... She used a red laser pointer from Staples & colloidal silver & she healed it.

I've seen some dental appliances that use light.

http://www.elixa.com/light/

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a cavitation (infection in the bone). My dentist gave me a choice of ozone injections or surgery. I had my herbalist muscle test. She said I couldn't tolerate all the ozone injections they would need to do to get rid of the bone infection because of the die-off. Apparently there can be a somewhat systemic affect.

My dentist said the injections don't work for everyone and some need the surgery anyway. I think I'm just going to go for the surgery.

Most cavitations are deep which is why a topical mouthwash would not work to clear the infection. Anyone sensitive to chlorine should not use MMS according to my ND.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Terry, I know of a few people who have had the surgery and the infection came back. That is the scary part about these bone infections.

I think it might be Perry Fields that got well once she had her dental cavitations addressed. I am not sure if she had surgery, ozone treatment or both. (I should get her book to find out)

It is such a hard call. Probably the best treatment is a combination - if you can find a surgeon who also treats with ozone to clean out the bone thoroughly while in there. Good luck to you. I know how hard this is.

Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

If they did the surgery and flooded the surgical site with ozone gas and ozonated saline water it probably would not come back. Such ozone flushes of surgical sites are common practice in some other countries.
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks dbpei - I've had the infection for decades. After 3+ years of lyme treatment the pain was gone but came back about a year after I was off abx. Seems like this long standing infection may be impossible to get rid of. Thanks for mentioning the book. I'll look it up in case I can get any useful info.

Carmen- thanks for the suggestion. Seems like a good idea. I'll ask my dentist. Maybe I could tolerate the die off if a smaller number of treatments would work in conjunction with the surgery.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Terry, I think my lyme doc said the same. Too deep infections won't be healed with ozone.

I don't remember herxing, but it's been a long time ago... Mine didn't come back. But I'd rather try the ozone before cavitation.

And to do cavitation, you still need energy test,as the naked eye sees next to nothing. The infection in the jawbone is only partially visible.

To erradicate all of pathogens (drilling the jawbone) you got to find someone that tests you energetically, even though you are on anesthesy (muscle tests will not work).

My doc gave me NO antibiotic, only homeopathics. The infection didn't come back and it was very effective.

The ozone teeth also give me no problem either, so for me it is lasting long (at least 5 years or so....).

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement