LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Eyes getting worse with treatment ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eyes getting worse with treatment ?
lucy1336
Member # 41272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy1336     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a month plus into anti oral treatment and my eyes are more blurry then ever

I am really starting to question is it the Lyme or the anti-b

I am on low dose of Cef. was 250 2x a day , going to 500 X 2 today , and LLMD is adding Bactrim

I just want to feel good about the anti-b's , when part of me wants to stop them all together because I wasn't feeling all that bad before...

Just any reassuring words about eyes and sticking with anti-b's would help.

I use a computer 12 hrs a day at work and this is getting crazy ... ( and it really my only BAD symptom at moment )

yes i have 80 plus spots on brain so its not all rosey... but over all feeling of well being is stable besides the eyes..

thanks in advance

Posts: 61 | From DE/PA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It takes a long time for the eye sx to improve. I hope you are under a eye doctors care every 6 mths to making sure there's no more serious issues going on. If something does pop up, don't freak out, because with abx tx it can be reversed also.

Dry eye is huge with this illness. So that needs addressing and yes sometimes steroid eye drops are used to calm things down. After all it our sight we are talking about and if eye drop steroids stop the process.

I was a contact wearer during many early years with all this lyme sx stuff. I had one year where my vision changed 3 times in one year.

Inflammation in the eye is just like inflammation that you can have anywhere in a lyme & co body.

Not all abx cross the brain barrier, so getting critters that are effecting eyes is tough. Talk to your eye doc about abx eye drops and also the other possible drop to calm down your eyes.

You are very early into tx and things can get better or things can get worse. But eye care is very important.

Pam

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy1336
Member # 41272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy1336     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had a super work up on eyes .. even mri of eye orbits and they of course say it looks fine..

i thought steriods ( even eye drops ) are bad news in Lyme ?

Posts: 61 | From DE/PA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My eyes were really bad until I was switched to meds for bartonella.

I've noticed this last week my eye spots and blurry vision has improved.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bactrim hits bartonella. Hopefully bactrim will help your eyes [Smile]
Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's Lyme-related, I drink mangosteen juice to stop Lyme eye symptoms. It's an anti-inflammatory juice that you can find in healthfood stores and online. I like the Mango-Xan version because it's the most tart. We're all different in how we respond.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's Lyme-related, I drink mangosteen juice to stop Lyme eye symptoms. It's an anti-inflammatory juice that you can find in healthfood stores and online. I like the Mango-Xan version because it's the most tart. We're all different in how we respond.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Robin123
Member # 9197

Robin123
Member # 9197

Robin123
Member # 9197

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well one has to weigh....eye sight, steroids drops small quantity? Eye sight is very important and if other options have not worked and the eye doc see some serious stuff in the eye parts?

One has to make tough decisions. But even using mango, supps, eye vits etc, it's very important to have them looking deep and heading off any changes.

I did steroid drops for about 6 mths. Made enough improvement that my doc and I just went with dry drops.

That's my experience. Yes, my career had me on the computer almost all day long looking at numbers. Even more strain. I did use filter for screen but it wasn't enough to try daily to focus focus focus, eyes or the brain.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen101
Member # 35432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked as an Ophthalmic Tech for many years. You stated you use a computer for 12 hrs a day at work??? Yikes that alone will affect your vision. Every 20 min you should give your eyes a break. Do you have an anti glare screen?

I wouldn't be surprised if your blurry vision is more due to excessive computer use than anything else.
http://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/caring-for-your-vision/protecting-your-vision/computer-vision-syndrome

Posts: 1748 | From United States | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites love the eyes. They are the key. Most lyme patients don't realize that abx treatment helps improve their eyes because some of the abx actually kill parasites in addition to lyme, bart and babs. My eyes got much better after parasite treatment. Check out THE PARASITE WARRIOR'S SUPPORT THREAD.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement