LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pain in ball of foot

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pain in ball of foot
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks:

Sorry I haven't been on as of late. I guess it really is true that when you start feeling better you go out and live your life!

I'm pleased to say i've been off antibiotics for a year! I am still treating with herbs, specifically Classical Pearls and Liposomal Artemisinin from Hopkington with some other supplements.

Overall, I feel pretty good, but I do still have a few, stubborn, mild symptoms. Such as mild tinnitus, mild muscle twitching (primarily my calves), Mild night sweats (primarily my neck/shoulders), and a few odds and ends that come and go. All mild. These are my "usual suspects" that have never cleared, but seem to respond the most to Babesia treatment and also parasite treatment.

Anyway...one thing that I've had throughout the years is occasional bottom of my foot pain. Except it doesn't seem to be the classical "Bart" bottom of foot pain (pain in the AM upon waking across the entire bottom of your foot.) Instead it comes in waves and is primarily on the ball of my foot only (flat area between my toes and arch.)

When I started A-Bart years ago I would get waves of pain here. It can come and go depending on treatment.

Does anyone else get this? And did you ever pinpoint what it is? I have heard Babs.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Have you had your feet assessed by a podiatrist? That is the first thing I would do -- but do not accept any kind of steroid injection if offered.

You could have plantar fasciitis - or any other kind of condition that could be from structural stress, shoes, etc.

Sesimoid bone issues could be key . . . an x-ray will tell more about that.

Vitamin or mineral deficiencies could be to blame, too.

But start with a board certified doctor of podiatry, they have studied feet for years. Don't go to just any doctor for your feet.

Now, you might call your former LLMD and ask if they just happen to know of a LL DPM . . . and you might also want to consider if bartonella even if it does not seem the classic bart-feet symptom. Chance are, though, that it's your footwear or activity . . . of just need some good foot massage.

While you wait to see a foot expert, you might assess your footwear. I'd not go buy anything right now but certainly stay out of footwear that is not ergonomically sound.

MAGNESIUM deficiency sounds like a likely player, too, with your calf issue.

Foot massage might be wonderful - and very helpful. The podiatrist should see you first but then may prescribe PT . . . and ultrasound was great for me, with some massage, too.

You may be recommended to get custom made orthotics -- or if lucky enough not to need those, specific shoe brands & styles will be recommended for the exact thing going on for your feet.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my ball of foot pain went away with bart tx

the pain was severe and top notch podiatrists could nto figure it out---but rifampin did the trick

i have heard others say this too

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
No access to a LL doctor or Rx, I approached it with Andrographis - and it changed the life of my feet for me. It took 14 months at that top suggested dose but after years of torment (even always in supportive shoes), I could finally walk without searing, tearing pain.

I did also have sesimoid bone issues, though, so shoes specifically to support that really mattered.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/119089?#000000

ANDROGRAPHIS paniculata - LINKS SET
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne
Member # 42755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi BcB1200,

You may have a bruised/sore metatarsal problem. If so, check at virtually any drug store which have inserts you can put into your shoes to relieve the pressure. Ice packs to reduce inflammation can also be helpful. Other recommendations can be found online, such as taping your foot in certain ways to reduce the strain on the affected area. --- Wayne

Posts: 14 | From Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement