LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Trying to give liver ongoing detox

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trying to give liver ongoing detox
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on doing this cleanse, but not sure how often it would be needed if I have detox issues...anyone?

If I plan on repeating this cleanse periodically, would I still need to take Pekana Apo-Hepat for the liver?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW0oJBkwBgs

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
2 TBS of Olive oil with a little lemon juice and pinch of Celtic Sea Salt does not seem too much (never do more, though).

Never cut into a lemon (or any food) that was just rolled around on a counter top. Always wash it first - well - and cut it only on a clean surface. This can prevent food borne pathogens from getting into us. Now, she may have cleaned her countertop but it's really hard to have one clean enough. A plate or cutting board best.

Now, generally, I hate the idea of a liver flush. And, even this may be too much oil at one time for many with gallbladder issues.

The liver is not meant to be "flushed" - our organs just don't work that way and a "flush" can be too harsh.

I also dislike the term "detox" as it sounds more like an event than support that will HELP the liver what it does naturally, in its own time. On going support is best. [Although I know that the word "detox" can be a squishy word and mean what I mean - to some people - or it can be a ball bat to the belly. It's just not a clearly defined term but implies force.]

The lemon can cause erosion of tooth enamel so that would have to be swished off - WAIT 30 minutes before brushing as the acid will soften tooth enamel and it needs time after swishing with water for the enamel to harden up enough for brushing.

While I don't suggest that much oil at once (maybe half that, just ONE TBSP) If you do this method, she suggested once a week, if I recall correctly.

And I would then drink a cup of hot water. Swish well and spit out the last bit of water and then brush half hour later.

I "do" 1 TBS of olive oil 2 x a day. I alternate with coconut oil (1 TBS every 8 hours for the brain - it needs it every 8 hours to "calm" the neurotransmitters). I do well with that but those with angry gallbladder may not.

Still, I would suggest on going support.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
You asked: "would I still need to take Pekana Apo-Hepat for the liver?"

If it works for you, continue but also include more substantial support like dandelion, milk thistle, or other choices.

The Pekana is homeopathic and well respected brand - yet works in a different way. Herbs are food for the organ. Herbs would be best but not within 1/2 hour of the homeopathic.
-

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my favorite product for ongoing detox.

http://www.phionbalance.com/ph-balancing-products/body-detoxification/phion-whole-body-detoxification

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Julie,

Great link. It looks like an excellent, well balanced support. Hope it's okay to add that to the liver support thread, with credit to you for the find.
-

RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julie...I bought that product quite a while ago and never got around to using it. I will use that ASAP.

Thanks for all the info Keebler. I definitely need to add more liver support. Should milk thistle be taken more than once a day?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
One / once a day is usually not enough in terms of support and certainly not enough for protection against Rx & infections that can be very hard on the liver. It needs to be around the clock.

Three x a day is best for most herbal support (like food). Sometimes, twice. You'd have to read up on the specific herb, though for timing, frequency.

Good book, link in the liver thread: The One Earth Herbal Support Book. Great "tutorial" chapters there.
-

GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Buhner's new book, he recommends 1,200 mg of standardized milk thistle extract once a day, at bedtime.

That is the first time I've seen it taken at bedtime, and in one go.

Most of the time I read about 3 times a day etc.

I am trying Buhner's method for now, as he knows his stuff.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Greta,

To consider . . .

with Buhner's protocol other herbs are also helping the liver during the day. Many have dual or multiple properties. My guess is that liver protection is still "on board" during the day through the other herbs, too.

For the most part, what he suggests for the liver may not be enough for someone taking antibiotics or other Rx. Because most Rx are hard on the liver, once a day for liver protection would not be enough.

What's in Buhner's books can't be translated equally for those also taking various Rx. (I don't know how to say that, exactly, but hope the thought comes through clear enough).

And, my guess is that bringing in milk thistle in extract form (stronger than raw herb), at night, it's going to help the liver with a huge "good night" hug and pat on the back, so to speak -- as the liver's "prime time" to do its magic (and rest & repair itself) is when we sleep.
-

RZR
Member # 20953

How far apart would the milk thistle need to be taken away from probiotics and could you take it on an empty stomach?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into NAC, too.-

http://www.naturalnews.com/041542_n-acetyl_cysteine_detoxification_cognitive_protection.html

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement