LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » sensitive teeth-what could this mean?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sensitive teeth-what could this mean?
2roads
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey family, still trying to piece together the puzzle for symptomatic relief for my son.

Another piece of the puzzle may be the fact that he now has sensitive teeth. He was given toothpaste specific to it when he brushes, but it did not help. In fact, it's worse.

Does anyone know what this could indicate?

Thanks Loads,

2roads

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi 2Roads [Smile]

Fluoride does this to me everytime.
Sensodyne toothpaste is awful for folks with fluoride sensitivity. I think it probably works good for porous teeth, but has so much junk in it my mouth was a disaster. Any fluoride toothpaste now...ugh. Suffering.

Does he have a soft toothbrush?
Extra soft may help.

Also, if I eat anything with a gummy sticky texture, my teeth hurt for a few days. Like delicious sour gummy candies that I no longer enjoy, even though I think of them a lot. Sigh.

Haha.

Is he grinding or clamping his teeth at night while he sleeps? I wear a mouthguard now at night and my teeth barely barely bother me, unless I clamp them during the day.
Figuring this out was a big help for me. A dentist can take one look and tell if he's grinding them while he sleeps.

Hope he feels better soon.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me sensitive teeth indicates a bacterial invasion. I have had to deal with this.

I've done two things that have helped.

MMS mouthwashes after first brushing, then flossing. 4 drops activated and added to warm about 2 ounces warm water does it. Try to swish so that it moves forcefully between the teeth. May be hard for a kid for generally there isn't much space between teeth when young. No need to swallow. Just swish for about 1-2 minutes and spit. Two ounces allows you to do it two or three times.

Rife frequencies with the pads placed on each side of the jaw near the issues. I cranked it up so that I could feel the frequencies running through the teeth. The interesting thing is that I could only feel the frequencies in the teeth that were bothering me. No matter how high I turned it no other teeth could feel it.

Stop all conventional tooth paste. Use Spry or any toothpaste that has xylitol in it and NO FLUORIDE! Xylitol has been proved to keep bacterial counts down.

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j_liz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j_liz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My teeth are sensitive and Sensodyne doesn't help.

Grinding my teeth at night made my teeth super sensitive and several would ache at the same time. I was really concerned. I started wearing my tmj device again and within 2-3 nights they were much better.

--------------------
j_liz

Posts: 471 | From NJ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies.

He has a dentist appointment this Wednesday for a cleaning. I want to make sure his enamel and gums are healthy.

I was going to by Amy's toothpaste, I think it is called. It's supposed to be all natural.

Thanks too for the tip on no fluoride carmen.

I was hoping maybe a natural mineral might be involved, like magnesium. I have read about that from a past link WRTo Keeblers thoughts.

I just started him on Mag glycinate 100 mg per day.

He's 100 pounds and 5'1'.

I don't think he grids though. Again, I will ask the dentist.

ugh....

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it usually means inflammation in the sinuses.

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marypart
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marypart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it usually means inflammation in the sinuses.

--------------------
Son, 26, Dx Lyme 4/10, Babs 8/10
Had serious arthritis, all gone.
Currently on Valtrex
Daughter, 26,bullseye 7/11
arthritis in knees, cured and off all meds. .
Self:Lyme, bart, sxs gone, no longer treating.

Posts: 496 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Protomyxzoa Rheumatica causes tooth pain. For me it felt like a cavity - a sharp nerve pain. The dentist took X-rays and nothing was there.

If his gums are receding, that could be from babesia. I got SO MANY cavities when I was treating babesia. Your teeth just rot.

Try giving him xylitol. It kills the bacteria that cause plaque, to help prevent cavities. You need at least 6 grams to do any good and most gum only has a fraction of that. There are gums that have more but they are kind of pricey, so you could also give him tea with a ts of xylitol.

You can buy it at the health food store. It is a natural sweetener made from birch trees, that has no calories. It is good for destroying biofilm especially if you combine it with lactoferrin. You could give him the tea and a 250 mg capsule of lactoferrin.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spry toothpaste is very good. No fluoride and it has Xylitol which is supposed to be pretty good.

I have very sensitive teeth, too.

I would mention to the hygienist that his teeth are sensitive so they will be gentle.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the dentists office they may want to bath his teeth in fluoride. Watch out for that and if you dont want it you better tell them before hand.

Here is a site that tells about biomemetic dentistry and how to find a really good dentist. I wont go near any other kind.

http://www.healthsalon.org/478/biomimetic-dentistry-ozone-dentistry-avoiding-root-canal-dr-alleman-dds/

Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Spry, I can also tolerate Tom's. Mint actually irritates my teeth, so that was a big piece to the puzzle.
Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had this issue ever since starting IV rocephin
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement