LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Sky high TGF-1b = mold...really?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sky high TGF-1b = mold...really?
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD did a bunch of cytokine testing and other stuff. VERY oddly I thought, considering I have bad bartonella which elevates most of them for it's own use....my cytokine panel was NORMAL even LOW....except for the above, which he said indicated possible MOLD exposure. ?? Now I have a friend who can't get past TBD either, and her doc has been having her take CSM, charcoal, and clay 1x day 30 min before lunch....and her toxins came down...BUT she doesn't feel any better!

Is there truth to this mold thing? And is mold the only thing that elevates this cytokine? I have the gene that can detox Lyme toxins, but not mold toxins.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the gene for mold toxins? I have some genetic testing coming up and can compare.

I also have high TGF-b1.

Here's info on TGF-b1, but you may already know it:

http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests

I have reactive airways disease from a sick building, but the only thing I know for certain I was exposed to were chemical toxins (not sure about mold, since it was new construction).

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judie have you treated for mold/biotoxin?

the test is the HLA-DR test. Haplotypes, I believe that they are called. These were big a few years ago.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, I couldn't afford all the testing for biotoxins. The only one my insurance would pay for was TGF-b1.

My body couldn't handle CSM when I tried it awhile back.

I don't know if I have a mold issue.

My doc has me on Toxinabsorb Max right now which isn't quite the same as CSM, though it does absorb stuff. I do feel less toxic in general though on it.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CD57, my LLNP told me that you have to put all of these tests together to determine whether mold is an issue. Is your MSH low? How are all of the other values in the mold testing?

TGF Beta 1 being high indicates that your body is inflamed in an effort to get red of some toxins. The problem is figuring out which toxins those are!

My TGF Beta 1 was really high last year. I started CSM and it got even higher! But it went down after I had an infected, root canaled tooth removed. I stayed on CSM for about a year. Am off now and TGF Beta 1 has remained in normal range. My MSH remains low, though. Wish we could figure this one out.

Before we knew about my infected tooth, I had my house tested for mold and although some mold was found, the spores were not at a high level through ERMI testing. My LLNP did not feel that mold was the issue for me.

I am now having ozone treatment for further dental infection. I think that may be part of the puzzle for me.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

DBpei, Yes MSH is low, and also VIP. These were tested awhile ago. I may be in denial but do not believe that mold is an issue for me. No one else in my house is sick.

CSM made me totally constipated. Would clay and charcoal work as well?

I know Lyme produces toxins, and mold. Anything else? The other infections have no link to toxins because of their low endotoxicity. ??

CD57
Member # 11749

up -- anything new on TGF1b?
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a high TGF-1b. It did come down since last year. Was at 12800 now at 3660. Normal range being 344-2382.

Hope others who know more chime in.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Birdie what made it come down?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg yes mold is an issue and areally hard one to fix both in your body and environment

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not really sure. We remediated our house so that may be what did it. Our orginal ERMI was extremely high. We moved out for 6 months and completely remediated, cleaned and ozoned our home.

I don't feel much better with the lower results so who knows.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement