LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Unknown Coinfection-Please Give Your Opinion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unknown Coinfection-Please Give Your Opinion
GretaM
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.

Since beginning abx treatment for lyme and bartonella, about every 20 days, my face neck and chest get a breakout of tiny, blister like sores, that are not acne, as when I scratch or exfoliate them, they just bleed.

They take a long time to heal.

I have also been having heart palps when I lay down only.

I also have an extreme intolerance towards heat of any kind.

Enter babesia treatment.

On Wednesday of last week I started CSA and A-BAB.

I made the mistake of NOT reading the babesia treatment threads here, and just dosed according to the instructions from my LL.

10 drops of A-BAB twice daily. 2 dropperfuls of CSA twice daily.

I imagine you babesia warriors cringing.

So it's been 4 days at these doses.

No herx.

Slight irritability on the second day.

But today I woke up with 70, yes 70, of these sores on my face next and chest.

About half of them are bleeding.

So whatever this coinfection is, it is affected by A-BAB and CSA.

I really don't feel it is babesia, as I don't have any other hallmark babesia symptoms.

It is also not an allergic reaction, as I am not itchy, and am not on any of the same abx as I was when these began.

Please give me your opinion of if you had these sores, what coinfection you think is also susceptible to A-BAB and CSA, and what the heck I should do about these sores.

Just in time for Christmas pictures. Argh.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A neighbor child had a skin infection all over his legs consisting of blister, redness, drainage. The doctor said it was staph and gave an antibiotic. The family decided to give MMS instead. In one week he was clear.
Posts: 803 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, that sounds scary. It's definitely some kind of reaction.

It sounds similar to a lomatium rash (many theories as to why this happens like a cleansing reaction, some say dandelion root is helpful). It's not an allergic rash, which is what makes me think of this.

I can't say what it is exactly, but I hope you feel better soon.

Can you stop CSA and A-bab until this calms down?

My suspicion is one (or more) of the herbs in there cause the rashes.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds nasty! And, yes, that dosing is HUGE to start out with! I can say that for the A-Bab at least.

If the sores are like a papular rash, I would think Bart. When you address one infection, it seems like the treatment always unbalances the other infections, making them more symptomatic. My doc likes to describe it as Whack-A-Mole.

I'm no help about what to do for the sores. I hope they start to heal and go away.

Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's parasite related.

A Bab is strong stuff. I'm surprised you didn't herx right away on the 10 drops.

What is CSA?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. They are very unsightly!

Judie-yes, that could be right. Maybe toxins from some reaction to a herb. (Maybe a supplement I've been on for a while?)

But I looked at my calender-every 20 days or so.

Which is very odd. Unless the toxins build up over twenty days, and then finally my body says "enough" and excretes them through my skin.

Carmen-Yes, could be staph...IV rocephin is supposed to be effective against staph, but who know these days. I don't want to use MMS-too many other things going on, but will try some staphysagria (sp?) pellets. I do know cryptolepsis is mentioned by Buhner for other infections, not just TBD.

TNT-haha! Whack-A-Mole. How true! Exactly! Yes, they could be 'Ol Bart...

After I took 20 drops of A-BAB the first day and read the threads here about going slow, I cringed. I thought I would get hit with a Herx Train and be down for days. I kept going with the dose because I have time off work for a while, and my mom is arriving soon, so I wouldn't be alone.

But nothing so far.

Catgirl-Yes, I wondered about the parasite angle also. It is cyclical-20 days. And A-BAB is for protozoa and the other word that starts with "P" (can't remember it now), the malaria-type bugs, so
I thought maybe it was hitting something.

CSA is the tincture blend from Woodland Essence, Cryptolepsis, Sida Acuta, Alchornea. (My spelling is terrible today, the spellings are probably wrong).

I am just so fed up. I just feel like I am chasing my tail constantly with these infections.

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Gosh Greta, I wish I could create a camp (free of ticks) where people with Lyme could go and just take a break from all of this.

If it is like a lomatium rash, I was reading in the last ILADS conference that Boulouke can make someone break out in the lomatium rash (if they are taking lomatium). From my understanding, it's because boulouke makes the treatments go deeper and causes a reaction (I'm starting on boulouke in a week and am already on lomatium, so I may be joining you in this rash business).

I wonder if there's something you're taking that's just making these herbs penetrate deeper and is just hitting something.

I came up with another idea too.

I believe we both have Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (RMSF). My doc and Bea (on the site here) have mentioned that it could become chronic.

I wonder if it's an RMSF flare. I don't think there have been studies on how that cycles.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j77
Member # 42716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for j77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta,
I found that colloidal silver gel has often been helpful with random rashes that popped up during my treatment. I think you mentioned in a different thread that you are using aloe gel... you may want to give colloidal silver gel a try too. Unfortunately that does little to help you solve the mystery though.

Posts: 58 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Just make sure you're not allergic to silver. I'm horribly allergic to it and it can cause me THE WORST rashes.
GretaM
Member # 40917

Judie-I think you may be right about RMSF.

We both had (have) it, we've both taken doxy for it,...I didn't have the acute RMSF. If we go by my rash that appeared, it lasted 12 years. If we go by the most recent tick bite I had, Nov. 2012, then I had RMSF for 5 months before starting doxy.

If it's anything like the other coinfections, it surely has to have resistance to abx, or some kind of defense mechanism to evade the immune system.

J77-I will try the silver gel. I go to the pharmacist tomorrow, so I will pick some up then. It seems like a good thing to keep in the medicine cabinet anyways.

I had an Epsom bath and just took some ENO for detox.

Yes, we need that tick free island somewhere, just to get away from it all.

I am contemplating stopping all my supplements for the next 3 weeks or so to see if I feel better without them. I certainly do not feel better with them. Argh.

glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with Catgirl about this being parasite related. When they are being attacked, they try and exit anyway they can. The skin is the largest organ of elimination. You can also google skin parasite images and skin parasite remedys/morgellons.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

OK. Thanks Gael. I will google those. Although I may find my next symptom will be the heebie jeebies. Haha.

Update: I did google both of the above.

I didn't see anything that looked similar.

My red spots are much smaller, and are not raised in anyway like the morgellons or some of the other parasitic rashes were.

Bitten in Bergen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitten in Bergen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't think mine are exactly the same as yours, but I'm currently doing herbal treatment for lyme, babesia, bartonella & PR and have been developing breakouts on my upper chest and face - very few bleed, but my skin feels like sandpaper. I can usually scratch them off or scratch them open. My LLMD said something similar to Gael above about the skin being a great organism for eliminating all the toxins.
Posts: 348 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi Bitten-Yes, these sores are more wet than sandpapery. I can't scrath them-they just bleed, scab over and heal. (Eventually). I do agree with you. There's a very good chance they are toxins irritating my skin. I do have increased ammonia in my sweat. I can smell it.

When they heal, instead of being round shaped, they seem to heal in a line. So the last bit of red looks like a deep small scratch. Almost like a puncture from a sharp cat's claw.

If I rub or wash them too vigorously, they bleed.

At least it is winter-scarves are in season now.

Haha.

Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Greta. Rashes! Something I know about. Well I don't really know anything about them, just experience them.

Are you doing any infrared? When I was trying out the biomat... I had a slew of rashes including what you describe. Unlike my "allergic" rashes they came and went... But some did bloody up... These were (according to derm) follicula bumps.

Can't tell you what it is, but Doxy for me takes care of any skin related issues... Can you add it to your protocol and see if it helps? Rashes are so dang annoying!

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi Kudzu,

Hey, my rash buddy! [Smile]

Ok, when I see my LL I will ask about doxy.

Yes, super weird these bumps. Almost like ingrown hair bumps, but I don't have any hair on my face or chest where the rash is.

Yet, anyways, we all know how lyme surprises us! Haha!

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greta just a note too that CSA may also be hitting Bart, the sida acuta and alchornea are mentioned in Buhner book for Bart. Crypto probably hits it a bit as well.

I don't have open sore but have had what looks to be sandpapery acne on my forehead for years. Sometimes on my cheeks too.

The skin is definitely the first organ of elimination !

What meds are you on now?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Hi CD [Smile]

Merry Christmas [Smile]

Yes, very well could be bart. Goodness knows bart is my Achilles heel.

Rocephin, rifampin, zith, A-BAB, CSA, Red Root, A-V.

I hope you're doing good [Smile]

Greta

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement