LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Coartem users- help!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coartem users- help!!!
beths
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the first 2 rounds of coartem witHout a problem (3 days every 2 weeks)

On my 3rd pulse and having bone pain in arms, jaw pain fatigue, off balance feeling. Anyone else have a worse reaction on later pulses of coartem? Wonder if it's a herx or something else?

Thanks

Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds like the herx from my first round.

I'm about to do round four. Will let you know how it goes.

Maybe you timed this round with a flare, so you're hitting more?

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up - how's it going Beth and Boxer?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last round was a little rough- but I feel good now!! Hope this knocked out the stubborn remaining babs
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was terrible for me too, loads of herxes with Riamet / coartem. But babesia returned about 2 weeks later, in a milder form, but it surely returned...
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Brussels- how did you finally knock it out?
cleo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first 7 day pulse (I was also taking doxy and rifampin ) gave me 3 normal days. I was so encouraged I call and wanted a second round of coartem. OMG the second one killed me for 6 weeks but when it cleared many symptoms cleared.
So the answer is a big YES

Any questions feel free to pm me. I am thinking about trying it again soon.

Posts: 433 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodstock
Member # 43072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodstock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated that off balance feeling. I got out of bed and started to walk to the bathroom, like usual, only I could not stand upright and fell back on the bed once I reached the end of it. Very surprising and kind of scary.

How are you feeling?

Posts: 89 | From Mid-Atlantic State | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Each round of Coartem got me closer to remission. I tested positive for babesia duncani. I did about 5 months of Mepron/zithro with little improvement.

Then I switched to malarone/ zithro with rounds of Coartem every 2-3 weeks. I developed an allergy to zithro (out in the sun) and had to quit using it. I did n't replace it with anything else.

I took malarone up to the day before starting Coartem and continued it the day after so I had no drug breaks. My babesia seems to be gone. It took about 4-5 months of that to knock it out.

BUT Protomyxzoa came out as soon as the babesia quieted down. The symptoms of PR overlap with babesia and bartonella so I was very confused. I tried taking Bactrim, which didn't help at all. Finally I got tested and sure enough that was the problem.

It took me about 6 months to find out I had PR and begin treatment. I started the diet first, then ivermectin. A month later I began LDN. One month after that I was at 90%. So by two months I felt close to well. I took iveremctin every day, which I now believe is too much. Needs to be pulsed because it can become toxic.

I urge any of you that continue to battle babesia/bartonella to do PR treatment to see how you respond. Every once in while I take Coartem to see if there is any residual babesia infection and I don't feel a thing. I do have a return of bartonella, but it might be a new infection.

I don't have sweats, muscle pain, joint pain, twitching, cramps, dizziness or depression. I believe the protocol I have adapted has really helped me.

These pathogens love iron so eliminate red meat from your diet. If you eat food high in iron take IP6 or lactoferrin at the same time so it can bind with the iron and get it out of your body.

I believe the reason PR overwhelmed me was because of the high fat requirement of mepron/malarone. It was sending the biofilm into overdrive. Don't take fat with mepron/malarone unless you have tested negative for PR!

The low fat diet is important but there is a way around it that makes it tolerable. Buy Proactol or XLS Medical fat binders and take one after every meal that has more than your fat allowance. This will starve the PR of what it needs to build more biofilm.

If you still restrict your fat, you can keep fat close to zero using binders. Each one gets rid of about ten grams and you can break them in half. When persons fast 12 days, their blood levels of biofilm become in detectible. That is how quickly you can get rid of the PR. Within days of resuming a typical American diet, PR is back. That is why these fat binders are so important. You can have a whole egg and two pieces of toast for breakfast and not absorb any fat at all.

Before someone jumps in with "essential fats for the brain", that is covered. Take Liposomes with killers. THe liposome is made of phosphyticylcholine, the most essential fats the body needs. Through nano technology they encapsulate the killer you are using so that it passes directly into the blood avoiding digestion. It goes to the biorilm and cells where it delivers a punch 20 times more powerful than just taking the herb or whatever alone. Dr. K is making all of his cocktails liposomes.

That means every bit of fat entering your body is carrying a load of something to kill the pathogens. The best I have found so far is LipoPhos EDTA. EDTA degrades biofilm and makes pathogens more suspectible to antibiotics. You can make your own lipo C or other herbs.

Good Grief, don't take pills and tinctures when you can turn them into much more powerful weapons. Don't rely on tiny amounts of liposomes to get you by and make a difference. You need tablespoons full several times a day - not a couple of little capsules.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what is a "round" of Coartem? is this not something that is taken daily, and if so, why not?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement